[REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :)

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

Anyone? :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

Can anyone help? :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by wired076 »

Volksdevil wrote:Can anyone help? :)
Volksdevil I am the author of the Attendance Mod and after looking at your screenshots and reading all the posts in this thread the Attendance Mod does everything you want except instead of using bbcode to post yes/no/maybe it is created in a similar way to creating a poll on a thread and then users can rsvp in a similar way to a poll works.

This mod at this stage is very basic and full support is given to users of this mod in the support thread at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12831781 .

If you have a particular issue with this mod I would like to hear what it is.

The Attendance Mod can even be installed via AutoMod if desired which makes the process even simpler. Note that when installing mods backups are always strongly recommended to be performed before installation and if any warnings/errors pop up you are always best off to seek help from the mod author before forcing the installation.

Also note that a new version of the AM mod will be released within the next few days which includes 3.0.8 support.

This mod once the next version is released within the next few days it will be submitted to the mod database for validation.
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate how you are trying to help.

My issue, although not really an issue (More a preference) with the AM mod is that I don't want my users to have the ability to add differently edited events.

What i basically need is a very simple, Yes/No or even just 'Yes' attendance option without the author being able to edit the options/buttons/colours. It would purely be for car show attendance, so ideally it should always look the same across the whole forum rather than people using different options/colours.

I am still considering your mod, it does look very good! but just a little to 'editable' for my members needs.
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by wired076 »

Volksdevil wrote:Thanks again for your input, I appreciate how you are trying to help.

My issue, although not really an issue (More a preference) with the AM mod is that I don't want my users to have the ability to add differently edited events.

What i basically need is a very simple, Yes/No or even just 'Yes' attendance option without the author being able to edit the options/buttons/colours. It would purely be for car show attendance, so ideally it should always look the same across the whole forum rather than people using different options/colours.

I am still considering your mod, it does look very good! but just a little to 'editable' for my members needs.
No problems Volksdevil I am here to help others! :)

Well I guess what you could do is hide the elements you don't need in the AM mod when posting a reply to only show for admins or moderators or to be removed completely. This would mean only the presets dropdown would show so that users are forced to select one of your predefined options.

If you choose only admins and moderators then the additional functionality will not impact greatly upon your ability to upgrade the AM mod with future releases.

If this would allow you to use the AM mod then I would be more than happy to test this out and provide you with the instructions which would allow you to achieve what you wish but you would need to ask for this in the AM mod's support thread.

I would assume that if you wish to go down this path and I publish instructions on how to achieve this that there would be other users that would then consider using this mod where they may not have previously. If this was to happen I would probably split the mod into two distinct versions. A basic one that only allowed presets and the other to be more advanced to allow users to choose to tailor the options as they wish.
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

That would be great!

But I do want all members to be able to use/post events...It's just the changing of colours, and the inputs that i wouldn't need. If the tab for events just posted a button that said 'Attend' or 'Yes' with non of the other options (Colour choice/text input) that would be spot on.

Edit: In fact...If i just go ahead and install your next release, could you talk me through removing/editing the various options?

Would that help you put together another possible (simpler) mod? :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by wired076 »

Volksdevil wrote:That would be great!

But I do want all members to be able to use/post events...It's just the changing of colours, and the inputs that i wouldn't need. If the tab for events just posted a button that said 'Attend' or 'Yes' with non of the other options (Colour choice/text input) that would be spot on.

Edit: In fact...If i just go ahead and install your next release, could you talk me through removing/editing the various options?

Would that help you put together another possible (simpler) mod? :)
Yes that's fine I completely understand what you are wanting to do. Presets once I have made the necessary modifications for you will only be possible to be configured via the ACP.

If you can request for this on that topic later today then once I have released the new version by tomorrow I will provide you with instructions you need to do what you want.

Please wait for this information before installing this on your board. I will then if there are others interested in this branch of this mod I will formalise it into a simplified Attendance Mod which has all settings defined within the ACP.
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

Great, thanks very much for looking into this. :D Just one more thing to consider, It would be great if it was possible to choose which forums to show the form in. 8-)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by wired076 »

Volksdevil wrote:Great, thanks very much for looking into this. :D Just one more thing to consider, It would be great if it was possible to choose which forums to show the form in. 8-)
This is already a feature of the AM mod.
User avatar
Volksdevil
Registered User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: Neil
Contact:

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by Volksdevil »

Fantastic :D Would you like me to re-explain the type of thing i'm looking for?

I think it could be even more simple now thats all. No need for more than one button once the topic is posted for example. Just one button only which would say 'RSVP' or 'Attend' of course still having the option to deregister your attendance.
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [REQ] RSVP MOD? A simple one for someone to do i think :

Post by wired076 »

Volksdevil wrote:Fantastic :D Would you like me to re-explain the type of thing i'm looking for?

I think it could be even more simple now thats all. No need for more than one button once the topic is posted for example. Just one button only which would say 'RSVP' or 'Attend' of course still having the option to deregister your attendance.
Please discuss the mod here - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12911230 .

If you could list the features you require from the core AM mod there then that would be great.

Please also indicate what functionality would be required in the presets as I believe we may need to edit this slightly ie will users need to select the number of users who can register depending on event but any of the other functionality?
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”