[ABD]Bliss Arcade

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sierron
Name: Artur

Re: [BETA]phpBB Arcade

Post by Sierron »

I'm really interested to seeing the phpBB Arcade back in one or the other way. If you need some help or other stuff like translation. I would be in for help :)

Besides the old arcade isn't working for me anymore because of flash problems after updating to 3.0.8...
Multilanguage TimeSplitters Site

If you need support, I suggest you to use the Support Request Template for your questions on this board. If you have some serious problems, the Support Toolkit can fix it (depends on the problem).
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

I'll look into the issues with sessions as I always test on localhost normally.

I appreciate any help with bug fixes/patches/bug reports/feature requests/translations/addons etc. and thanks for the offer. :D
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

FEATURE REQUEST:

Request:
On the main Arcade page (index.php), have the image of the last game played displayed instead of a standard category image.

The image of the last game played can go where the current category image is located.

Benefits:
Using the image of the last game played instead of a standard category image will keep the Arcade page looking new and exciting. Also, it will engage the members/visitors to play the games.

Currently, in the LAST PLAY column the username of the member, the name of the game, the score received, and the date that the last game was played is shown. This is fine.
Last edited by keith10456 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

FEATURE REQUEST:

Request:
Add a "Recommend This Game" feature.

Have a link that when clicked it will allow you to send a PM (and/or email) to another member recommending that they play the respective game. The link can be in two places:
  • In the "Links" column of the respective Category (along with the Highscores, Report game and Edit game / Edit scores links).
  • The Game Options block on the game play page (where the Champion, Description, & Top Scores blocks are).
The recipient message could contain a link back to the recommended game, the image of the game, and whatever text the person that sent the message included.

Benefits:
Having a "Recommend This Game" feature will attract members to the Arcade that may not have participated before. Likewise, it will help keep participants of the Arcade engaged in the games.

In addition, if an email option is added, it will help draw new members to the website.
Last edited by keith10456 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

FEATURE REQUEST:

Request:
Add a "Game Ranks" feature.

The "Game Ranks" will work similar to how phpbb Post Ranks work... Except it will be for Amount of Games Played, Trophies Earned, etc.

Benefits:
On many sites (including mine) people spend more time playing the games than they do in the Forum. Many users have "0" posts but have been a member for years playing the games. Labeling them as a "Rookie, Newbie, etc." isn't accurate.

I think a "Ranks" feature would be an appropriate solution.

Yes it could be done manually by creating custom Ranks and/or by adding a separate mod. However, that wouldn't be an efficient way of doing it. Having the new "Game Ranks" coded to work with the Arcade will have everything done automatic... the same way the Post Ranks are.

I'll be remiss if I didn't mention that this will add more traffic to the site because members will strive to earn higher Ranks.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

Wow, thanks for those three feature requests. I'll put them in the github issue tracker and look at implementing them.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
pentolkorek

Post by pentolkorek »

How to fix this error ?

Thanks.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

That has previously been reported and I'll look into it ASAP.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

Right, I have fixed the ACP bug in the repository and I shall be announcing a new release tomorrow or the day after.

Can i just ask, when anyone posts a feature request/bug report and you have a github login could you put it on the github tracker here as this topic is quite active and I don't want anything getting lost or forgotten about.
DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Now there's an oficial update for phpbb 3.0.8 on JRSweets homepage (in case someone prefers to stick with it):

[link removed]

Since the original mod isn't entirely abandoned I'd suggest to rename this one to avoid confusions.
Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

Post by Sam »

DocSommer wrote:Now there's an oficial update for phpbb 3.0.8 on JRSweets homepage (in case someone prefers to stick with it):

[link removed]

Since the original mod isn't entirely abandoned I'd suggest to rename this one to avoid confusions.
As far as phpBB.com is concerned, JrSweet's Arcade MOD is abandoned. If he wishes to return here and post his MOD, then he will do so. Otherwise, this topic is about the fork Unknown Bliss has created.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

I have thought about this alot and eventually decided to rename this MOD to Bliss Arcade due to the feedback, confusion and links with JRSweets' MOD. I will be updating the topic title and information in 48 hours (enough time for people to visit this topic by its recognised name and see this post before I change the topic title.
DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

a good gesture - much apprechiated ;)
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Unknown Bliss wrote:I have thought about this alot and eventually decided to rename this MOD to Bliss Arcade due to the feedback, confusion and links with JRSweets' MOD. I will be updating the topic title and information in 48 hours (enough time for people to visit this topic by its recognised name and see this post before I change the topic title.
Good idea ;)
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

No problem and thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”