[ABD] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
dan filipi

Re: [BETA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by dan filipi »

I could not see the number of shmoogle members so I found a way to make the numbers white like the rest of the text.
I would guess the creator had an idea to link this text but didn't finish it.

In my subsilver2 installation editing the stylesheet changed text color other places I did not want changed so I edited root/shmoogle.php
I don't know how "clean" this edit is but it works.

From this:

To this:

Find in root/shmoogle.php

Code: Select all

// Sidebar heading
	$mapped_members = '<a href="javascript:void(0);" alt="Total Members with Set Map Points" title="Total Members (with set map points)">' . $num_points . '</a>';
Replace with:

// Sidebar heading
	$mapped_members = '<a href="javascript:void(0);" alt="Total Members with Set Map Points" title="Total Members (with set map points)"><font color="#FFFFFF"> = ' . $num_points . ' </font></a>';

I further edited template/shmoogle_body.html to get rid of the brackets and the word "total".
I think it looks cleaner this way. (Different total because this screenshot is a different forum I'm working on.)

Find in template/shmoogle_body.html

<div class="toggler" title="Click to Expand">
	  {L_SHMOOGLE_USERS_SUBHEADING}&nbsp;({SHMOOGLE_COUNT}&nbsp;{L_SHMOOGLE_TOTAL})</div>
      <div class="element" id="sidebar" align="left" style="overflow:auto"></div>
      <!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with:

<div class="toggler" title="Click to Expand">
{L_SHMOOGLE_USERS_SUBHEADING}{SHMOOGLE_COUNT}</div>
      <div class="element" id="sidebar" align="left" style="overflow:auto"></div>
      <!-- ENDIF -->
Hope this helps someone. Just trying to give back some of the help I've received.
nuworld

Post by nuworld »

wintstar wrote:Reade here https://www.phpbb.de/community/viewtopi ... 0&start=90 .
If you do not need it, why you report yourself here? :roll:
Is there an english version to this file?

Seeing i have been messing around with this mod from the beginning on my test site.
No matter what new edit comes out i STILL!!!! can not get this to work.
I'm like many others here That STILL have the map show up in the ACP but not in the UCP or the shmoogle.php.

Whats the deal. is there a real solution to this probblem??

If there is not a fix to this, Then i how do i completely uninstall/remove this mess from my test site??
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

The map not showing up in shmoogle.php and UCP is for sure a problem with conflicting JavaScript Code. Do you have any portal installed, maybe Stargate Portal? If so, try to disable the portal and see if shmoogle then works. Then the next step will follow.
nuworld

Post by nuworld »

wolfman24 wrote:The map not showing up in shmoogle.php and UCP is for sure a problem with conflicting JavaScript Code. Do you have any portal installed, maybe Stargate Portal? If so, try to disable the portal and see if shmoogle then works. Then the next step will follow.
I have board3 portal.
I have turned it off and still have the same problem.
Crocodile442
Name: Paul Stallibrass

Post by Crocodile442 »

This is coming together nicely.

I did find one problem but as you might expect, this illiterate coder made a mistake. :lol:
nuworld

Post by nuworld »

nuworld wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:The map not showing up in shmoogle.php and UCP is for sure a problem with conflicting JavaScript Code. Do you have any portal installed, maybe Stargate Portal? If so, try to disable the portal and see if shmoogle then works. Then the next step will follow.
I have board3 portal.
I have turned it off and still have the same problem.
Bump!
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Sorry, for me it was the portal, but if it doesn't work for you, it must be something other. I am pretty sure it is because of conflicting JS code. What other mods do you have installed? You may try to disable any of these mods to see when shmoogle begins to work.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

Since the MOD author has not replied in this topic since 06 Mar 2010, I'm locking this as abandoned.

If you, the MOD author, want to continue developing this MOD, please contact a MOD Team member.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”