[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
keith10456

Re: Help fix a vulnrability!

Post by keith10456 »

damienhbg wrote:Somehow users are able to edit the browsers cache before submitting a score. This is how a member was able to play duckhunt for 1 minute, and manage a score of 13 million.

Is there no protection for this? i'd hate to have to spend my days removing invalid scores from the arcade tables.
I would PM JRSweets with any/all information that you have on how the members were able to do it.

Please don't publicly post it :idea:
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

damienhbg wrote:Somehow users are able to edit the browsers cache before submitting a score. This is how a member was able to play duckhunt for 1 minute, and manage a score of 13 million.

Is there no protection for this? i'd hate to have to spend my days removing invalid scores from the arcade tables.
Unfortunately there are tools out that that make doing that very easy. Not much that can be done. You can just delete the score in the arcade ACP it will remove all traces of it, then ban the user. Sorry, wish I had a better answer.
JRSweets

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC9

Post by JRSweets »

Another quick update. If everything goes according to plan I will have the new version out tomorrow.
wykydz1

Post by wykydz1 »

ultimate point wont work on the arcade all seting i checked i used another name they work on the forum for post and stuff just not the acade .any ideas
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

JRSweets wrote:

Unfortunately there are tools out that that make doing that very easy. Not much that can be done. You can just delete the score in the arcade ACP it will remove all traces of it, then ban the user. Sorry, wish I had a better answer.

I tried as you said JrSweets, i removed the high score from the arcade_scores table in database, but now , when someone submits, they still told they have not beatin the high score of 13,million when i erased it from database. Also on arcade index, its listing dude as aving a high score, when in fact he does not.

I thought removing the highscore would erase all instances of it :(

thanks for the help btw.
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

damienhbg wrote: I tried as you said JrSweets, i removed the high score from the arcade_scores table in database, but now , when someone submits, they still told they have not beatin the high score of 13,million when i erased it from database. Also on arcade index, its listing dude as aving a high score, when in fact he does not.

thanks for the help btw.
Acp/Arcade/edit scores/ reset user score

I think this is the best solution.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

Thx Killbill, that worked for most part.

I did notice though too however, that some games do not allow the scores to be manipulated. duck hunt does, but an irritating game does not, sends an error.
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

I'm a fan of either the subsilver2 joystick, or the prosilver arcade icon.

I would say the subsilver2 machine icon, but it's too small to make out. Great icons by the way!
eman80

Post by eman80 »

Hi JRSweets :)

I hope that there will be an instructions update from version 1.1.RC1 to version 1.0.RC10 , because I did the update from 1.0.RC9 to 1.1.RC1 when I saw it in your site.

please let me assure

thanks in advance
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com
p@@t

Post by p@@t »

Hello

The language changes by providing a version phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC9?

Soon
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

1.0.RC10 is now out? Cool. When do you think the mod will ever be validated? :)
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Updated German language file to 1.0.RC10 :)
[ randomly phpBBing ]
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

eman80 wrote:Hi JRSweets :)

I hope that there will be an instructions update from version 1.1.RC1 to version 1.0.RC10 , because I did the update from 1.0.RC9 to 1.1.RC1 when I saw it in your site.

please let me assure

thanks in advance
Yes I have created a script. You can either run this script or just go into the arcade config table in the db and change the version number to 1.0.RC9 before you try to update.

The script is located at:
http://www.assembla.com/code/phpBB_Arca ... 10RC10.php
Last edited by JRSweets on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

damienhbg wrote:
JRSweets wrote:

I tried as you said JrSweets, i removed the high score from the arcade_scores table in database, but now , when someone submits, they still told they have not beatin the high score of 13,million when i erased it from database. Also on arcade index, its listing dude as aving a high score, when in fact he does not.

thanks for the help btw.
That is not what I said. I said to remove the score from inside the Arcade ACP. Never just delete it from the db directly, you won't get it all. ;) There is an Edit Scores module in the ACP and it could be deleted from there or as KillBill suggested reset all the scores of that user. Also, if you delete the user all their scores will be removed also. Any of these methods will remove all the scores from the db.

Some game types are easier to manipulate the scores than others. IBProV3 games seem to be the hardest.
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Angry_Sun wrote:1.0.RC10 is now out? Cool. When do you think the mod will ever be validated? :)
Its not out yet. Should be tomorrow.

The plan is to submit this version to the MODDB and start work on the next version.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”