[SOLVED] Error - File does not exist: "C:/..."

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
jdirty

[SOLVED] Error - File does not exist: "C:/..."

Post by jdirty »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.8
What is your board's URL? http://n/a
Who do you host your board with? self-hosted
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What MODs do you have installed? AutoMOD
Last Topic Title
phpBB Gallery
What styles do you currently have installed? default
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? After installation.
Please describe your problem. Multiple HTTP 404 (File not found) errors regarding the 'styles' directory. Here is a chunk of my apache logs:

[Mon Dec 20 02:53:37 2010] [error] [client 67.142.162.27] File does not exist: C:/server/htdocs/styles, referer: http://myurl.com/forum/
[Mon Dec 20 02:53:39 2010] [error] [client 67.142.162.27] File does not exist: C:/server/htdocs/styles, referer: http://myurl.com/forum/
[Mon Dec 20 02:53:39 2010] [error] [client 67.142.162.27] File does not exist: C:/server/htdocs/styles, referer: http://myurl.com/forum/
[Mon Dec 20 02:53:40 2010] [error] [client 67.142.162.27] File does not exist: C:/server/htdocs/styles, referer: http://myurl.com/forum/
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)

The board works fine. No problems anywhere, but this error is rampant in apache logs. It throws this error for every connection. End user does not have any adverse affects, and the error logs in phpBB are empty.

Notice.. the error says that the file does not exist /htdocs/styles, <-- why is there a comma?
Why is the board looking in the html root for the styles directory, instead of looking in the 'forum' directory? - My board is sitting in a folder called 'forum' which resides in the htdocs folder.

As stated, no problems with the board at all. Just this pesky error in apache logs -> 4MB worth
Last edited by jdirty on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: Error - File does not exist: "C:/server/htdocs/styles,"

Post by Noxwizard »

It is an error with one of your styles. A broken/incorrect image path or something to that effect. Go through your stylesheets and template files and make sure something's not amiss.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
jdirty

Post by jdirty »

Noxwizard wrote:It is an error with one of your styles. A broken/incorrect image path or something to that effect. Go through your stylesheets and template files and make sure something's not amiss.
Ok, that was my original though, that a path was not properly defined somewhere, just did not know where to look.

Here is what I've come up with, it's not much but I'm not sure where to go from here. Or if I'm even going in the right direction with this to begin with.. but I'm not sure how I should be going through them. Should that be done through a file manager, or through the phpBB board itself?

I've dug around a little bit, and see mostly a reference to "imageset_path" but I have not found where I can define this. Can I set this via the board, or can I set the correct path wherever this imageset_path is located at?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

how many different styles do you have installed?

how many people are using which ones?

you find this by going to the style section of the admin panel.

if you only have a few people using different styles.
then I would set everyone to the default prosilver.

then, wait a while and check the error logs again.
if you are still seeing those errors with the comma we will have to find something else.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
jdirty

Post by jdirty »

I only have 1 style, prosilver, I guess it would be the default, because its what came with the board. Thats what I listed it as in the original support request, the default style. No other styles installed.

Installed styles
prosilver * 56
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

Then that narrows it down to the style edits by those MODs. I've briefly glanced over them and the gallery adds an external stylesheet:

Code: Select all

@import url("gallery.css");
Make sure that the file exists in /styles/prosilver/theme/.
jdirty

Post by jdirty »

Yes, there is a gallery.css file in that location.

This error was being logged by apache before I installed any mods. The board was installed on the 20th of this month, and apache logs show this happening on the 20th, with regards to the apache error logs I included with the original support request.

Here is my Administration Log entry to show you that this was occurring before adding any mods:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:14 am Installed phpBB 3.0.8

Here is the first entry for the error in Apache:

[Mon Dec 20 02:44:27 2010] [notice] Child 3116: Starting thread to listen on port 443.
[Mon Dec 20 02:44:27 2010] [notice] Child 3116: Starting thread to listen on port 80.
[Mon Dec 20 02:53:37 2010] [error] [client IP address] File does not exist: C:/server/htdocs/styles, referer: http://myurl.com/forum/

Continuing on.. Here is the Admin log of me installing the first mod:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:32 am Module added » ACP_AUTOMOD_CONFIG

The first mod was not installed until 2 days after the board was installed. And 2 days after this pesky error, that seems to have no ill-affects or symptoms, other than about 2MB of error data logged per day.
jdirty

Post by jdirty »

I have been reviewing my logs and noticed that right before this error started occurring, that I must have 'restored' a backup. The board was installed one previous time before this, and this same error was occurring. So I wiped the installation clean, and reinstalled phpBB and then attempted to restore the backup that I saved.

I remember trying to restore a backup in the ACP, but after doing so no changes that I could see were made. So I dismissed it as a failed backup, or something I did wrong, because none of my data was saved, nor none of my settings. Thats why I dismissed it as a failed backup.

If this 'restored' backup is the culprit, what can I do to fix this? I thought about making a duplicate of my database, and wiping out the install again.. but I thought that whatever problem was happening, it must be stored in the database also, so even after doing this it will probably still have the problem.

Can I scan the database for the 'styles,' problem, and maybe manually change the database entries that is causing this?
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

I would download a fresh copy of prosilver from the Full Package, re-apply your MOD edits to it, and then refresh it through the Styles tab of the ACP.
jdirty

Post by jdirty »

I only have 3 mods installed, AutoMOD - Gallery and Last Topic Title..

The board is still in development stage, and we are not that far along yet. Do you think instead of having to apply the mod edits individually, that I could just uninstall those mods completely, and then proceed with reinstalling the style?

Or is the only way you recommend is:
I would download a fresh copy of prosilver from the Full Package, re-apply your MOD edits to it, and then refresh it through the Styles tab of the ACP.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

Either way would work.
jdirty

Re: [SOLVED] Error - File does not exist: "C:/..."

Post by jdirty »

Thanks! Error-free operation.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”