[ABD] phpBB spam hammer

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Philthy

Re: [DEV] phpBB spam hammer

Post by Philthy »

heredia21 wrote:Ok so now no one is allowed to type the spam i entered earlier not even me correct?
You can, because you are a trusted user. Anyone that joins your forum, and posts characters like that before x posts,or x days will get blocked. If you have set up a new test user, try it out.
heredia21 wrote:Damn it still let me. i typed 收了N元的 and it went through.
Try from a newly registered test account ;)
Go on ! it's not as steep as it looks.....
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

Don't forget, it has to be 95% of the text, so try repeating it a bit,or post a chunk of the stuff you posted earlier.

Edit to add:
You can change what percentage of the post has to be in unicode characters by changing the setting underneath which characters you want to filter.
Last edited by Philthy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Hats off to this mod. Hope it continues to grow and ill report back any problems. Thanks a lot for all your help.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

heredia21 wrote:Hats off to this mod. Hope it continues to grow and ill report back any problems. Thanks a lot for all your help.
Fantastic ! We got there in the end :D
Feedback would be very welcome, thanks.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Also if we enable the sleeper agent how can we enable certain real accounts that have been disabled but dont have posts?

Also since I am using a diff quick reply how about remove the quick reply box for users that dont have atleast two posts? How can we do that since I am not sure how to stop the spam from users using quickreply.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

heredia21 wrote: Also since I am using a diff quick reply how about remove the quick reply box for users that dont have atleast two posts? How can we do that since I am not sure how to stop the spam from users using quickreply.
How about we don't? I don't mean to be rude but if you're using another mod that causes a security issue on your board (the unofficial quick reply mod) then you should talk to that author about how to make it work, imo.

That's not an issue caused by Spam Hammer.
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

John T. Folden wrote:
heredia21 wrote: Also since I am using a diff quick reply how about remove the quick reply box for users that dont have atleast two posts? How can we do that since I am not sure how to stop the spam from users using quickreply.
How about we don't? I don't mean to be rude but if you're using another mod that causes a security issue on your board (the unofficial quick reply mod) then you should talk to that author about how to make it work, imo.

That's not an issue caused by Spam Hammer.
No one said this was an issue caused by spam hammer just asked for a fix im sure i am not the only one with a diff quick reply.
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

heredia21 wrote:No one said this was an issue caused by spam hammer just asked for a fix im sure i am not the only one with a diff quick reply.
Yeah, but your suggestion of a fix was for SH to disable the quick reply box altogether, and all on account of another unofficial bit of code, when it could probably be solved by asking the other mod author for a bit of help on where to insert the edits in his/her code (and I think someone already suggested this).
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

John T. Folden wrote:
heredia21 wrote:That's not an issue caused by Spam Hammer.
No one said this was an issue caused by spam hammer just asked for a fix im sure i am not the only one with a diff quick reply.
Yeah, but your suggestion of a fix was for SH to disable the quick reply box altogether, and all on account of another unofficial bit of code, when it could probably be solved by asking the other mod author for a bit of help on where to insert the edits in his/her code.
As long as I was not asking you, you should not worry about it. If they say no i understand, it wouldnt be a problem. I read your other posts talking about recaptcha and your forms of anti-spam if i were you i would test their mod and give them feedback for THEIR mod not your opinion of your past experiences ...
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

heredia21 wrote:As long as I was not asking you, you should not worry about it. If they say no i understand, it wouldnt be a problem. I read your other posts talking about recaptcha and your forms of anti-spam if i were you i would test their mod and give them feedback for THEIR mod not your opinion of your past experiences ...
I beg your pardon? I'm voicing my opinion here, just as you are...

Beyond that, if you've been keeping up in the thread then you should know I was ASKED for more information about the kind of bots/spam I was seeing... but then I think you were just looking for something to pick at. :roll: Carry on... :lol:
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

"I don't mean to be rude but".... Says it all. Arguing with someone who is not contributing in any way is pointless. Have a good day.
victory1

Post by victory1 »

Wow this Mod has grown! I like the changes. I will uninstall the original one this coming weekend and install the new one. :D
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

dangerousprototypes wrote:
*Are all the language strings stored in functions_link_filter.php? I'd like to edit some of these but it could be tiresome if they need ed-edited every time this file is updated.
For the user yes, but the ACP strings are in the ACP file. I think the correct way to customize the strings is to add them to your own language file.
Mods often add a file to /language/en/mods/ containing custom language strings ( 'en' being for english in this case - other language folders would be used for other translations, etc...).

I took the liberty of starting one last night. I think it holds all the language strings used by the current filter.
spam_hammer.php

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* spam_hammer [English]
* @package language
* @author John T. Folden http://thebluewhalepub.com
* @version $Id: spam_hammer.php v1.0 2011/02/23 03:13 John T. Folden $
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'NO_PROFILE_FOR_YOU'	=> 'Antispam: You can\'t have a profile yet. You need to post a few times first.',
	'NO_LINK_FOR_YOU'			=> 'Antispam: You can\'t have off-site URLs in your sig until you post a few times. ',
	'NO_WORD_FOR_YOU'			=> 'Antispam: Suspicious or offensive word detected. We don\'t want to read that! ',
	'NO_LINK_TOO_SHORT'			=> 'Antispam: Sorry, your first post needs to be just a little longer.',
	'HELP_LINK'			=> 'Click for help',
	'NO_SLEEPER_SPAM_FOR_YOU'			=> 'Antispam: account disabled, please contact an admin.',
));

?>
This should be called from functions_link_filter.php via the command

$user->add_lang('mods/spam_hammer');

But I'm not clear on where best to add it to the code.
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

Philthy wrote:I updated the install package as you posted DP.
http://www.skidvd.co.uk/files/disable_l ... _0.0.2.zip

It includes the r744 class, but not the above extreme version.

Can you clarify your post a bit, what edits need to be done for the extreme version?
Cheers.
I was just looking at this and there's a mistake in the install instructions -

The instructions indicated for /language/en/acp/board.php is actually a variant (newer?) of the instructions for /includes/acp/acp_board.php.

Also, I think that it should be

Code: Select all

'legend3'                => 'LINKS_FILTER_OPTIONS',
in /includes/acp/acp_board.php
dangerousprototypes

Post by dangerousprototypes »

Thanks to everyone who has been testing, providing support, and generally helping out.
heredia21 wrote: Or do i have to read wiki..
As the code monkey for this mod I say yes, you MUST read the wiki. I spent an afternoon documenting and illustrating every feature of this MOD so it was easy to understand. Despite that, you insist that the devs spoon feed it to you, then ask for custom coding for (non-final) MODs, and then argue about it with other contributors. This distracts from us doing real testing and feature enhancement, which brings down the whole project. Please, please do not post in this thread again until you have read and understand the wiki documentation. I don't usually flame, but this is the worst case of RTFM I've ever seen.
Please do not PM or mail with questions. Ask in the forum where everyone can share the answer.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”