[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.2

Post by Kamahl19 »

Version 0.5.2 has been released

sleevedbiker

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by sleevedbiker »

victory1 wrote:
keith10456 wrote:
xenofears wrote:... Bug (of sorts) - users are kept flagged as 'online' now even if they just have a browser window sitting open indefinitely, they are kept as 'active' by the IM. I imagine this ain't easy to change.
I don't think this is a bug. In addition, I like it as is :)
It's great but I think it affect the NV Who Was Here Mod name listing. Some names are not added to the list or updated because they are kept constantly online. The problem does not occur if use the Activity Stats mod instead. I had to uninstall NV Who Was Here and replaced it with Activity Stats Mod even though I prefer the 1st one. Thank goodness there were 2 mods that practically do the same thing. :) SN seems to interfere with the NV Who Was Here but not the Activity Stats Mod! :?:
i use both NV Who was here, and social network, and have no problem with NV Who Was Here.
Did you update your NV Who Was Here to v1.2.1?
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

keith10456 wrote:
Trekky wrote:... also how does it stand regards copyright from FB is this something i'll have to worry about if i set it live?...
I highly doubt that copyright is an issue.
if there are any copyright issues, it falls upon the creator, not the user, unless you as the user are gaining profit from the code. Example: you charge people money to access the social network on your site, or even pushed as far (IF PROVEN) making money off of advertisements i.e. google adsense, that were placed onto the page with the copyrighted code.
Its the creators responsibility to check copyrights, and make sure their code does not infringe upon any copyrights.

If this was not looked into by the creator of the code, and you use it, the worst thing that would happen is the creator gets sued, any site that is allowing people to download it may get sued(unlikely, but possible), and you as the user of that said code would be asked to remove it from your site. If you don't comply with that, then you may find yourself in a court room or find your site de-actived. Again, that is the worst thing possible, not what will happen.

With that being said, the only thing i see that may come close to copyright infringement is the user status wall. I am not sure if facebook has any copyrights on that feature, and if they do its something that can be easily worked around. Example: slightly changing the look, or adding different features to it, would take it out of any copyright infringement. Might be something to look into on facebooks copyrights page.

Also, if it did infringe on copyrights, the chances of them suing would be rare unless you are making money off of their feature, or they are losing money as a result of this code being created, and I don't see either of those two things happening, except for the donations to the creator. But, they would have to prove the creator received donations, and that those donations were for the code. Which is nearly impossible, unless the creator or the person making the donation admits to receiving/sending money for the sole purpose of the code OR by them obtaining and sending paypal a warrant to release all information regarding donations to the creator, and if there are comments in any of those donations regarding the money being sent toward the code, then the creator may be SOL.

THE ONLY MOD on phpbb that i have seen that could cause the user issues is OurTube. As Youtube states when embedding a youtube video on another site, the page that contains the embedded video is only allowed to have a certain number of advertisements on it.
Last edited by sleevedbiker on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

eXo`

Post by eXo` »

eXo` wrote:EDIT: Almost got it working, but i get this error on a subsilver2 based theme using the IM only..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 307: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Unable to call custom replacement function
any idea?
:?:

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

made the update to 0.5.2, but it wont let me delete status updates or comments i leave for other status updates.

Eragon

Post by Eragon »

I have a suggestion.. Can you add these features in this modification ?

Forum Favorites

thanks

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

also, i am getting this error now....
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /home/content/29/5036529/html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3677

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Eragon wrote:I have a suggestion.. Can you add these features in this modification ?

Forum Favorites

thanks
It will be a part of User Profile - next module for SN

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

nevermind. fixed it.

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

can you all straighten out the copyright, so it doesnt destroy my overall_footer? also, the update status bar is MIA.

mattconley2011

Post by mattconley2011 »

How do i change the footer???

MindtriX

Post by MindtriX »

i have just updated from 5.1 to 5.2 and all is working fine, its a great mod but i do have a question to ask if i may, i hope this is the right place to ask.

currently i am using the code below in my viewtopic_body.html to disply a facebook ilike button on every post, it works great but i would like to use it on the mainpage.php on the updated status's, so far i can get the postioning right but my php is limited so i have no idea what the "grab" id is suppose to be as apposed to {postrow.POST_ID} i thought it could be [us_status.STATUS_ID] but im sure theres somthing else i need to do i just dont know what

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysiteaddy.com%2Fforums%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D{postrow.POST_ID}%23p{postrow.POST_ID}&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=22" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:22px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
update:
ok i got it working sort of, i placed this code in the userstatus_status.html just above <!-- IF us_status.SN_US_MORE_COMMENTS && B_LOAD_FIRST_USERSTATUS_COMMENTS --> its posting to facebook, but its messed up like this

http://www.kentswat.co.uk/community/mainpage.php?p=9#p9
www.kentswat.co.uk
‎: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devils/public_html/index.php on line 20Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devils/public_html/index.php on line 20Warning:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kentswat.co.uk%2Fcommunity%2Fmainpage.php%3Fp%3D{us_status.STATUS_ID}%23p{us_status.STATUS_ID}&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=22" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:22px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Last edited by MindtriX on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Trekky
Name: Lesley Reed

Post by Trekky »

I've installed this MOD but when i enable the friend approval module i get the following error message, can anyone advise how to rectify:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /socialnet/acp/acp_approval.php on line 159: include(./../language//ucp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /socialnet/acp/acp_approval.php on line 159: include(): Failed opening './../language//ucp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /socialnet/acp/acp_approval.php on line 160: include(./../language//mods/socialnet.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /socialnet/acp/acp_approval.php on line 160: include(): Failed opening './../language//mods/socialnet.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
Please keep explanation simple as i'm still a beginner in this world of computers :D

bianco

Post by bianco »

I think error is because you must add your language files.

Until SN 0.52 isn't translated in your language, you must copy in your language folder a copy of english language folder

_Al

Post by _Al »

Any idea's what may be coursing this page Error?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”