New user needs help

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
fireworksjohn

New user needs help

Post by fireworksjohn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi all

This is my first venture into creating a forum, all going well so far but I have one thing bugging me.
I wish to create a page in the forum where members can upload documents for other members, most of these are pdf's or word docs, I know that they can attach them to posts but I would like a page where only the documents are listed, no posts.
For the time being I have done this as a link to an ftp page with the documents on that page but it's not very pretty and is limited to who can post to the ftp.

Anybody any thoughts or ideas
John H

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Re: Need a Page to Show All Uploaded Attachments

Post by Pony99CA » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 pm

You'll need a custom page. Read the Add a New Custom Page to phpBB Knowledge Base article. On that page, put code in similar to how attachments are displayed in a post, but do that for all of the files in the attachments table. You'll also probably want to ensure that the list only contains files that people have permission to see.

If you want the list to be sortable, you could look at the Member List code. I would have columns for file name, file size, date, uploader (post author) and original location (a link to the post including the file).

Steve

P.S. Please try to use better subjects. Many people ignore content-free subjects like "New User" or "Please Help". Something like "Need a Page to Show All Uploaded Attachments" would be better.
Last edited by Pony99CA on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

fireworksjohn

Re: New user needs help

Post by fireworksjohn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 am

Many thanks Steve, I'll give it a go
John H

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”