[How To] Modify prosilver's header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
Lorne Wexler

Re: [How To] Modify prosilver's header

Post by Lorne Wexler »

how would i modify the header for the vertigo style?

is it the same process? im in the file name "tpl_vertigo_overall_header.html.php" but i have no idea what to add/remove/replace
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Lorne Wexler wrote:how would i modify the header for the vertigo style?

is it the same process? im in the file name "tpl_vertigo_overall_header.html.php" but i have no idea what to add/remove/replace
That is a Cache file, you really need to edit the template files instead of cache files.

I don't know that style, is it Prosilver based. To edit Style files (Imageset, Template, Theme), goto:

Code: Select all

styles/{style name}/imageset/
styles/{style name}/template/
styles/{style name}/theme/
Obviously, to edit the style file you refered to
styles/vertigo/template/overall_header.html

That is as long as the style is compliant with standards for phpBB, but you might need to contact RocketTheme for that style.

What is it your trying to modify with the header?
Lorne Wexler

Post by Lorne Wexler »

im trying to change the banner to my own website's design
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

As long as the style is Prosilver based, following the guide in the beginning of this topic should be straightforward. Look in the template file, basically <dl> & <dt> is prosilver, <tr> & <td> is subsilver. It should still work for Subsilver, just adding some changes to comply with subsilver styling.
jemiesranova

Post by jemiesranova »

TheSnake wrote:As long as the style is Prosilver based, following the guide in the beginning of this topic should be straightforward. Look in the template file, basically <dl> & <dt> is prosilver, <tr> & <td> is subsilver. It should still work for Subsilver, just adding some changes to comply with subsilver styling.
whether it can succeed ..... because I already tried it and did not work or there are mistakes that I made.
sorry I just want to learn.
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

jemiesranova wrote:whether it can succeed ..... because I already tried it and did not work or there are mistakes that I made.
sorry I just want to learn.
I've done most of the ones specified in the first page of this topic. Yes, it can take a little while to get used to the code layout, & editing without making mistakes.

What modifications exactly did you try, & did not work?
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

You're OK, TheSnake, except for that biting part... ;)

Did you get your code un-fubared? (In reference to this post.)
Muggins
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

muggins wrote:You're OK, TheSnake, except for that biting part... ;)
That's usually reserved for the ladies :D :lol:
muggins wrote:Did you get your code un-fubared? (In reference to this post.)
No, unfortunately not. I made some code edits just prior to that post, but since then I haven't been able to get it to auto-reload on internal links. I've seen it work on other sites, just for the life of me I can't replicate it yet.

I'm stuck on a few bits of code for some different parts of the forum, it's driving me nuts. :? :evil:
Last edited by TheSnake on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

TheSnake wrote:That's usually reserved for the ladies :D :lol:
Thank the lord... :mrgreen:

Please let me know if and when you do. It should be fairly simple, but so am I. :?
Muggins
Lorne Wexler

Post by Lorne Wexler »

ok so i tried following the instructions from the 1st post to change the header on the vertigo theme.. i was able to change the common.css folder and the colours.css folder but the next steps didnt work out.. so i just wanted to undo what i previous edited. However, i can't get back into the common.css folder for some reasons... its in gray and can't click to enter the folder any more... now when i select the vertigo style on my board, it looks all messed up :( . any way to get back into this common.css folder, or to reset the codings for the vertigo style?

thanks
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Lorne Wexler wrote:ok so i tried following the instructions from the 1st post to change the header on the vertigo theme.. i was able to change the common.css folder and the colours.css folder but the next steps didnt work out.. so i just wanted to undo what i previous edited. However, i can't get back into the common.css folder for some reasons... its in gray and can't click to enter the folder any more... now when i select the vertigo style on my board, it looks all messed up :( . any way to get back into this common.css folder, or to reset the codings for the vertigo style?

thanks
Umm, common.css & colours.css are CSS Files, theme is the folder they reside within. That being said, what do you mean "its in grey"? What program are you using to access them? Website, or on your computer?

URL of site?
Lorne Wexler

Post by Lorne Wexler »

the site is fluxstables.com but i changed the style to tachyon because vertigo doesnt work anymore... i go to my mediatemple site to access the file manager.

I go to forums --> styles --> vertigo --> theme.

In that folder, i see a bunch of .css files which are in red (so i can actually click them and open them). Common.css is the only one in grey, so i cant click that file and open it (i cant edit the coding).
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

I haven't used website based File Managers in ages. Do you have FTP Access to your site?
Lorne Wexler

Post by Lorne Wexler »

yup
TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Log into your website with FTP, download a copy of the file that the website File Manager is not allowing you to live edit. Edit file on your computer, then upload when finished.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”