Customizing specific forums

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Rudeman72

Customizing specific forums

Post by Rudeman72 »

Just wondering if it was possible to customize a specific forum in phpbb3 or how to do it.

Example: A different header for each forum. Or adding a countdown stuff like that.

Like if one has a sports related message board that has a forum for each sport it would be nice to have a header that reflects that sport instead of having just one that is message board wide, or if one wanted a countdown to a specific event in a sport (World cup, Superbowl, World Series etc.)

So basically just want to know what I need to be editing (which files and where) and basically what to do to make it just for a specific forum.

Thanks in advance.
AmigoJack

Re: Customizing specific forums

Post by AmigoJack »

Rudeman72 wrote:A different header for each forum
It is possible. Implying that you know HTML by yourself, for every style your board uses open /styles/?/template/overall_header.html and then modify the place(s) of your choice to something like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF FORUM_ID == 32 -->
  <b>this is forum 32 bold</b>
<!-- ELSIF FORUM_ID == 9 -->
  <i>forum 9 is italic</i>
<!-- ELSE -->
  this is for everything else / the default view
<!-- ENDIF -->
The ordinals of each forum must be set by you, of course. The different views apply to viewing a forum and viewing a topic.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

There is a MOD, Custom Header Logo, that allows setting different logos (header images) for each forum.

AmigoJack's code will be useful for adding things like a countdown to be shown only in a specific forum.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Rudeman72

Post by Rudeman72 »

Thanks, I'll test them both when I have the time. I appreciate the help.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”