Redirect page after logging in

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Redirect page after logging in

Post by CMCDragonkai »

I was curious, but why does phpbb redirect after one logs in? What function does it serve? Why can we just login and not go through a redirect page?
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Redirect page after logging in

Post by stevemaury »

Not sure of the purpose, but it gives an opportunity to impart some info to or give a choice to the user. You can get rid of it - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12812644 - Look at the MOD code and I think you will see how ti just do it for the login page, if that's what you want.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Post by CMCDragonkai »

stevemaury wrote:but it gives an opportunity to impart some info to or give a choice to the user.
Could you elaborate?
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Hard to elaborate since it is just a guess. You could use the page to give the user the choice of going to the index page or a specific forum, for example.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”