Custom BBCodes [Deprecated]

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby master412160 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm

I didn't do any of the above but just removed the empty space betwen:
<!-- {TEXT} -->

Of the code I added that was suggested in some posts above. I had the same issue once editing mediawiki leaving empty space between the text and the --.

Solved this is now.

Thanks for all your great support though! :D
User avatar
master412160
Registered User
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: Belgium, Flanders
Name: Max Pen

Picasa and Flickr with albums and lightbox bbcode

Postby digitaltoast » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks to the help here and various other places, I now appear to have a functioning system for posting picasa and flickr albums. You need this javascript http://pastebin.com/ZTyBreaR and the bits and pieces mentioned.

Then you need the following bbcodes:

For flickr tagged pictures:

BBCode usage
Code: Select all
[flickrtag]{URL}[/flickrtag]


HTML replacement
Code: Select all
<a href = "{URL}" target = "_new">{URL}</a> - click a thumbnail for larger image<br /><ul class = "thumbs" name={URL}></ul>


Help line:
Code: Select all
Just paste the URL containing the photos with the tags you want. eg http://www.flickr.com/photos/username/tags/tagname/


For Picasaweb albums:

BBCode usage
Code: Select all
[PicasaAlbum]{URL}[/PicasaAlbum]


HTML replacement
Code: Select all
<br /><a href = "{URL}" target = "_new">{URL}</a> - Click a thumbnail for larger image or an album name to open the album<br /><br /><div class="PicasaAlbum">{URL}</div>


Help line
Code: Select all
Just post a URL to a Picasa user to show all their albums - eg: http://picasaweb.google.com/tomaszek31 or an album to show photos from that album eg https://picasaweb.google.com/tomaszek31/RoznePomieszane


Demo: http://www.reading-forum.co.uk/forum/vi ... 321#p63321
digitaltoast
Registered User
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 am

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Hobbitster » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 pm

In the manuel I Read


How can I make a button (code) that gives a linked text like this
Linked text: Linked text
Hobbitster
Registered User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Lowered » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

Salseros wrote:All of a sudden the youtube BBcodes for the full url don't work anymore, I didn't make any alterations to my forum. I am just getting a blanc space where the video should be now. What could be the problem?


Bump for interest.
Youtube shortcodes are friggin anoying.

I have the standard Youtube code and it stopped working with the new urls.
Anyway to make them both work (standard address bar and the short "share" link)?
Webmaster and forum admininstration.
Image
User avatar
Lowered
Registered User
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Hobbitster wrote:In the manuel I Read


How can I make a button (code) that gives a linked text like this
Linked text: Linked text

I read that three times and still don't have a clue what you are asking for.

can you try again please.


robert
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
 
Posts: 51596
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Hobbitster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Hobbitster wrote:In the manuel I Read


How can I make a button (code) that gives a linked text like this
Linked text: Linked text

I read that three times and still don't have a clue what you are asking for.

can you try again please.

robert

I will try in my English
You have a code like this
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.phpbb.com]Click here[/url]

Click here: If you click on"click here" you go to the link http://www.phpbb.com
Can I put this on a new button like you have already for a url
Hobbitster
Registered User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Hobbitster wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Hobbitster wrote:In the manuel I Read


How can I make a button (code) that gives a linked text like this
Linked text: Linked text

I read that three times and still don't have a clue what you are asking for.

can you try again please.

robert

I will try in my English
You have a code like this
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.phpbb.com]Click here[/url]

Click here: If you click on"click here" you go to the link http://www.phpbb.com
Can I put this on a new button like you have already for a url

I suppose you could create a new button for url but why would you want to?

what are you really trying to do. explain what you want the final outcome to be and we can tell you how to get there.

robert
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
 
Posts: 51596
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Pony99CA » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Hobbitster wrote:You have a code like this
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.phpbb.com]Click here[/url]

Click here: If you click on"click here" you go to the link http://www.phpbb.com
Can I put this on a new button like you have already for a url

It sounds like you just want a button to put [url =][/url] into a post, right? If so, there are two ways to do it.

The easiest will be to create a new Custom BBCode (like [link={URL}]{TEXT}[/link]) and check the Display on posting page option to include LINK in the BBCode bar. Clicking that button will put [link=][link] into the post.

The best looking way would be to MOD the code to add a URL= button to the BBCode bar next to the URL button.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
User avatar
Pony99CA
Registered User
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Hollister, CA
Name: Steve

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby tamoko » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:12 pm

First thank you very much for this forum.
I tried to solve the problem myself but I did not find the whole solution, it works only partially.

Can anybody help?
I tried to add in phpBB 3.0.8 video from http://www.nfb.ca.
"Embed" it looks like this.
http://www.nfb.ca/about/faq/#faq12

What i have is

BBCodes

[nfb]{TEXT}[/nfb]


HTML

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/flash/ONFflvplayer-gama.swf?mID=-{NUMBER}" width="516" height="337">
<param name="movie" value="http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/flash/ONFflvplayer-gama.swf?mID-{NUMBER}" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mID=IDOBJ348&bufferTime=10&width=516&height=337" />
<param name="image" value="http://media.nfb.ca/medias/nfb_tube/thumbs_large/2008/hungu-tv-big.jpg" />
<param name="showWarningMessages" value="false&streamNotFoundDelay=15&lang=en" />
<param name="getPlaylistOnEnd" value="true" />
<param name="playlist_id" value="REL179" />
<param name="embeddedMode" value="true" />
</embed>


My problem is like this it works only for this ID video.

How can i change this:

<param name="FlashVars" value=
that works with {NUMBER}

So i can put iD number from video like this:

[nfb]IDOBJ1004[/nfb]

At the moment i have work version like this:

<param name="FlashVars" value="mID=IDOBJ348&bufferTime=10&width=516&height=337" />


Other problem is

<param name="image" value="http://media.nfb.ca/medias/nfb_tube/thumbs_large/2008/hungu-tv-big.jpg" />

If i change this variable video does not work.

Best regards,
tamoko
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Hobbitster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Pony99CA wrote:
Hobbitster wrote:You have a code like this
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.phpbb.com]Click here[/url]

Click here: If you click on"click here" you go to the link http://www.phpbb.com
Can I put this on a new button like you have already for a url

It sounds like you just want a button to put [url =][/url] into a post, right? If so, there are two ways to do it.

The easiest will be to create a new Custom BBCode (like [link={URL}]{TEXT}[/link]) and check the Display on posting page option to include LINK in the BBCode bar. Clicking that button will put [link=][link] into the post.

The best looking way would be to MOD the code to add a URL= button to the BBCode bar next to the URL button.

Steve

Thanks, that was indeed my question
The second way "to MOD the code" : Do I Have to look in the other modifacations forum
Hobbitster
Registered User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Pony99CA » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Hobbitster wrote:
Pony99CA wrote:
Hobbitster wrote:You have a code like this
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.phpbb.com]Click here[/url]

Click here: If you click on"click here" you go to the link http://www.phpbb.com
Can I put this on a new button like you have already for a url

It sounds like you just want a button to put [url =][/url] into a post, right? If so, there are two ways to do it.

The easiest will be to create a new Custom BBCode (like [link={URL}]{TEXT}[/link]) and check the Display on posting page option to include LINK in the BBCode bar. Clicking that button will put [link=][link] into the post.

The best looking way would be to MOD the code to add a URL= button to the BBCode bar next to the URL button.

Thanks, that was indeed my question
The second way "to MOD the code" : Do I Have to look in the other modifacations forum

IMHO, yes, as it has nothing to do with custom BBCodes. However, you may find reading the Replace BBCode topic worthwhile.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
User avatar
Pony99CA
Registered User
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Hollister, CA
Name: Steve

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby razielpro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks TW this was a big help. I looked all over the place for a comprehensive set of code for this. You nailed it my friend.
razielpro
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby srj9920 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

I have searched for an answer for this, but I can't find anything that works for me. Is there a BB code that will post YouTube videos in HD format.

I am currently using:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v={SIMPLETEXT}[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{SIMPLETEXT}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{SIMPLETEXT}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Which defaults to the lowest resolution and does not work at all if the direct HD link is used.

Thank you for any assistance.
srj9920
Registered User
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 pm

I doubt it. the HD thing is probably something that only works if you actually on youtube's site.

robert
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
 
Posts: 51596
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am

Re: Custom BBCodes

Postby namaze » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm new to phpBB so please excuse what might be simple questions. :)

I have just taken over a forum and have updated it from phpBB2 to phpBB3. I am learning quickly but am running out of time.

I just added the BBCode for Center and when I do a new post it works great. But all older post are showing the code [center] instead of centering it.

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thank you!
namaze
Registered User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Custom BBCode Development and Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest