[ABD] Supernova (phpBB 3.0.11)

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

[ABD] Supernova (phpBB 3.0.11)

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Style Name: Supernova
Author: Boardtalk.net
Originally by: Christian 2.0

Style Version: 1.0.4
phpBB Version: 3.0.11 (latest version)

Screenshot:

Demo: Click for Demo

Download: Download Supernova.zip (948kb)

.psds: Download Supernova psds (272kb)
Spanish Buttons: For users who don't have photoshop. Download Here.
Spanish buttons translated by Jorup16

Update Supernova from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10: For users wishing to update Supernova from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10 themselves, ideal for highly modified boards supernova-update-3.0.9_to_3.0.10.zip

Usage:
Supernova installs in the same way as every other phpBB style. Supernova is based off Prosilver and requires the stylesheet to be stored in the Database.

If the style is not displaying correctly, go to ACP > Styles > Themes > Supernova Details > Store stylesheet in the Database > Save

Members of your board need to have JavaScript enabled to take advantage of the jQuery features.

Using the config file is simple. The config file itself explains what each option does. All you need to do is
Open: /styles/supernova/template/sn_config.html

To turn an option either on or off, all you need to do is edit the "0" to "1", or vice-versa. All of the options are enabled by default, but let's say I'm the Administrator and don't want people to be able to change the skin colour.
Open the config file (sn_config.html), find:

Code: Select all

<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '1' -->
To turn the feature off, just change the "1" to "0", like so:

<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '0' -->
For users who don’t want to use an image logo or can’t make them, supernova 1.0.2 now allows the use of the Default Site Name and Description.
Open the config file (sn_config.html), find:

<!-- DEFINE $SN_LOGO = 'logo' -->
And change logo to text:

<!-- DEFINE $SN_LOGO = 'text' -->
Remember that you will need to refresh your template cache in order for the changes to take effect.
Admin Panel -> Styles Tab -> Style Components -> Templates ->Supernova -> Refresh

Things you should know:
  • Language specific buttons will not change to their respective languages on any colour other than the default. If you're unhappy about this, I suggest disabling the colour-switcher feature.
  • Other colours may be available in the future.
  • A seperate "dark" version of the style will be available in the future.
  • This style does not, and never will support fluid width.
  • MODs should install fine on this style. There should be no need to edit the colour-specific stylesheets in /theme/colours/ .
  • The style was designed and coded using a High-Contrast HD monitor. Consequently some of the colour blending may look a little "off".
  • With regard to bugs, bug-fixes will only be implemented with each style-release. Styles are only updated when phpBB updates. For example if you find a bug in the 3.0.8 release of the style, it won't be implemented until phpBB releases v 3.1.0.

Bug reports and comments are more than welcome!

Special Note of Thanks:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Christian 2.0 for designing this great style and for the great support he has provide here on phpbb.com
I would also like to thank Christian 2.0 for handing over the development of Supernova to me and I‘m honoured to carry it forward.
Thanks
Last edited by Boardtalk.net on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 am, edited 19 times in total.
Boardtalk.net

Re: [Release] Supernova (phpBB 3.0.9)

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Code changes for supernova 3.0.9 to 3.0.10 contained in the first post.

Thanks to bprsk8r4272 for putting together 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 code changes. ;)
bprsk8r4272 wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote: heres the code changes for supernova 3.0.8 to 3.0.9
http://ghostfacekillerclan.com/download ... _3.0.9.txt
Last edited by Boardtalk.net on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crashtester

Post by Crashtester »

Hi. Would anyone be willing to help get this style working with the mod 'Thanks for Posts'? I am having trouble getting it to work even when making manual changes - I cannot get the thanks/remove thanks icons to display in the topic view. Thanks.
7emper5i
Name: Philipp R.

Post by 7emper5i »

Hi guys, supernova is a great template. ;)

For your interest: Spelling mistake in the footer:
© Supernova Style by Boardtalk.net Origianlly by Christian Bullock

Regards,
P!
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Hi Crashtester,
You need to upload the thanks for posts ‘prosilver’ files to the style supernova also. Then purge cache and for Supernova templates, theme and imageset. There is no reason for that mod not to work in this style, if your still having problems you should ask the modification author. ;)

Hi 7emper5i,
:oops: Oops… thanks for pointing that out. ;) I’ll correct the download… back in a bit :)

Update:
Spelling Fixed :lol:
Crashtester

Post by Crashtester »

Ok, Thanks Boardtalk. I have done all that already and I just cannot get the thanks icons to appear, no idea why - I try will asking the author.
lemmingtopias

Post by lemmingtopias »

Hello there :)

I am glad you have taken on this mod. It truly is the best phpbb style I have seen :)
I have two questions. Firstly, are there any noticeable changes from version 3.0.8 to 3.0.9?

Also, I am having an issue with a Drop Down Menu Mod I got from here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12984947

I have followed the SuperNova instructions from the download but the Menu Items are not dropping down. With some tweaking I have been able to get the drop down menu to work, but only at the expense of the style switcher loosing functionality.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I might be able to work around this. I believe it to be a jquery conflict but, am not totally sure.

Thank-you in advance,

Nik.
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

lemmingtopias wrote:Hello there :)

I am glad you have taken on this mod. It truly is the best phpbb style I have seen :)
Thanks ;)
lemmingtopias wrote: I have two questions. Firstly, are there any noticeable changes from version 3.0.8 to 3.0.9?
Asides from the updates needed for all styles to stay current, Supernova now has the ability to display the Site name and Description - details in the /styles/supernova/template/sn_config.html. This is useful for users who can’t make logos or don’t want one on the forum header. jQuery has also been updated because in IE9 the categories could not be moved.

The dropdown menu - its so long since I worked with that menu can you please post up what it askes to go into the overall_header.html above the </head>

Thanks
lemmingtopias

Post by lemmingtopias »

The dropdown menu - its so long since I worked with that menu can you please post up what it askes to go into the overall_header.html above the </head>

Thanks
Thank-you for your reply :D

This is what the original install_mod.xml file says to do:

Find:

</head>
Before, add:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.hoverIntent.minified.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scripts.js"></script>
The file which gives a Supernova workaround gives this instruction instead:

Find:

</head>
Before, Add:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_THEME_PATH}/template/sn_config.html"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.hoverIntent.minified.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/scripts.js"></script>
If you would like to see what is happening now, http://www.atlantian.net

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

When did the problem start? Was it after you added the mod Social Network?

Try this, I see these two in your supernova/template/overall_header.html

<script type="text/javascript" src="./socialnet/js/jquery.hoverIntent.min.js"></script>
and

try removing one and see if that fix's the conflict.
Artack

Post by Artack »

can you tell me current which files of jquery must update for solve isue with ie9?
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Artack wrote:can you tell me current which files of jquery must update for solve isue with ie9?
I can only advise you to upgrade to the current version because there's been a lot of other code changed for 3.0.9
You’ll even notice T_TEMPLATE_PATH has been changed and is now T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH

But I’ll tell you what jQuery has been changed for reference;

Open: styles/supernova/overall_header.html

Find:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
Replace with:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.6.2.js"></script>
Find:[/b]

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/ui.js"></script>
Replace with:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-ui.js"></script>
And of course you’ll have to have the new jQuery those new lines are calling in your template file.
Artack

Post by Artack »

Thanks for reply!)
Can You give code changes? (there are a lot of mods on board :( )
May be use compressed jquery-ui.js? (~200kb)
I just test it, works fine)
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Artack wrote:Thanks for reply!)...
Your welcome ;)
Artack wrote:...Can You give code changes? (there are a lot of mods on board :( ) ...
I've a number of things on at the moment but understand the mods issue and updating styles. I'll consider doing this once I've a few things out of the way, could be a number of weeks though.
Artack wrote:... May be use compressed jquery-ui.js? (~200kb)...
You right, I failed to look into that - another thing on my to-do list
Artack wrote:... I just test it, works fine)
Great stuff :D
Artack

Post by Artack »

Boardtalk.net wrote:I've a number of things on at the moment but understand the mods issue and updating styles. I'll consider doing this once I've a few things out of the way, could be a number of weeks though.
It will be great!)
Waiting for code changes)
Thank You again for replies ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”