Tag posters in topic

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
IWillFlipOut

Tag posters in topic

Post by IWillFlipOut » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

I have a request from one of my users - to be able to "tag" other board members similar to Facebook and Twitter. This seems like a good idea. I searched the Mod fora but did not find a mod that does this. Does anyone know if there is a mod that already does this?

TIA.

AmigoJack

Re: Tag posters in topic

Post by AmigoJack » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 pm

"tag" can mean more than the world may ever know. Imagine I wouldn't use Facebook and Twitter and give more details on all the things you expect.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

IWillFlipOut

Post by IWillFlipOut » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 pm

AmigoJack wrote:"tag" can mean more than the world may ever know. Imagine I wouldn't use Facebook and Twitter and give more details on all the things you expect.
Good point.

They want the ability, when they create a topic, to select other board members as being "tagged". When the topic is submitted, the "tagged" members will then receive a notification that they have been "tagged", by whom, with a link to the topic.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm

1. Is this meant for one time only or should it be permanent (like those selected users are then subscribed to the topic)?
  2. How does that harmonize with not being spammed (it needs at least a new option for every user saying "Allow others to tag me")?
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

IWillFlipOut

Post by IWillFlipOut » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 pm

AmigoJack wrote:
  1. Is this meant for one time only or should it be permanent (like those selected users are then subscribed to the topic)?
  2. How does that harmonize with not being spammed (it needs at least a new option for every user saying "Allow others to tag me")?
Thanks for the response.
a. My users would only want a one time notice, I believe.
b. I think just an option whether to receive "tagging" notifications or not, like PM notifications, would suffice.

Alorse
Name: Fredo

Post by Alorse » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am

The MOD AOS Tag User BBCode, you can use.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”