[MODDB] phpBB jQuery Base 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [ALPHA] phpBB jQuery Base 0.0.1

Post by Jessica »

is there a way to have only some of the features? example, I already have a Quick edit mod, so I don't want the Quick edit part of this
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

This will probably be added in the next version.
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I only want the quick edit so I found your jQuery Quick Edit mod and I installed it on my test board; then I removed it and installed this mod to see if I wanted to use the Quick Reply Mod also and remove the one I have on my live board. I decided against that so I still needed the jQuery Quick Edit mod. My question is, why the jQuery Quick Edit mod have a pop-screen while this one does not? I prefer this one so is there a way to make the other one behaves the same way?
ALIENQuake

Post by ALIENQuake »

Really wonderful MOD :!:

But the QuickEdit animation is not necessary. Can it be turned off ? Is there any specific reason to have it ?

And a popup every time that someones add a quick reply ? That is really not necessary. Popup should be showed only if there was some errors etc.

P.S. I also prefer Quick Edit style without any additional popup to edit message.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Depends on what other people think of this. ;)

The pop-up messages while quickreplying or quickediting were added because phpBB3 also displays a message once you edit a post or reply.

The quickedit animation was added because it looks way better than just some text appearing out of nowhere.
ALIENQuake

Post by ALIENQuake »

marc1706 wrote:Depends on what other people think of this. ;)

The pop-up messages while quickreplying or quickediting were added because phpBB3 also displays a message once you edit a post or reply.

The quickedit animation was added because it looks way better than just some text appearing out of nowhere.
I still think that a popup for quick reply every time is really annoying. You might do some poll for this and other stuff. As for quickedit animation: look at Modification Database QuickReply. It is how it should work. Animation is disturbing and you loose the focus of the place that you want to change/correct.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

is there a way to add ajax for PM's notify? this way you don't need to refresh the page.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

ALIENQuake wrote:

I still think that a popup for quick reply every time is really annoying. You might do some poll for this and other stuff. As for quickedit animation: look at Modification Database QuickReply. It is how it should work. Animation is disturbing and you loose the focus of the place that you want to change/correct.
I also agree a pop up for quick reply is annoying. I prefer if it submits quickly without any message appearing. Or maybe there could be an option made for this, enable a pop up or not?
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

jesschen wrote:
ALIENQuake wrote:

I also agree a pop up for quick reply is annoying. I prefer if it submits quickly without any message appearing. Or maybe there could be an option made for this, enable a pop up or not?
^i agree good ideal
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

is this possible? I know SMF has this, and I really like it

when you reply or create a topic, and click on Preview, your topic or post is previewed without reloading the page.
Soshen

Post by Soshen »

I've this problem... i've installed your mod with the fix for seo but when i use with seo premod 3.0.9 the navigation button of topics do not work (the navigation of forum works well).

Seem like the variabile $start do not pass... filtered from the '-' chara that seo use.

Anyone have the same problem?
My dev board: http://www.nipponart.org
Safe GamerTag HOME - Official Topic Index HOME - phpRivals MOD DISCUSSION
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

jesschen wrote:is this possible? I know SMF has this, and I really like it

when you reply or create a topic, and click on Preview, your topic or post is previewed without reloading the page.
this gap can be closed
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/live_preview/
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

no I don't like that mod. I tried it out a long time ago and didn't like it. I don't like the fact it previews while you post. I like it when it previews when you CLICK on the preview.
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

Your Req was clear. The reason why i set this link is, that you can trigger an onclick-event for that.
So it works "by click" instead of "by posting". May i build an alternativ-version, must see.
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

oh okay

I didn't know that...and so then if I type in more I can update the preview by clicking "Preview" again?

and also, there should be a close button to close the preview...:S

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”