[ABD] User Reputation MOD 0.3.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gonzo9

Re: [BETA] User Reputation MOD 0.3.4

Post by gonzo9 »

Hello,

I am using a custom theme called Black Pearl:
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/black_pearl/

The buttons do not appear and nothing happens. It is not based on prosilver, I tried all the suggestions above but it didn't work. I did switch back to prosilver and the mod works fine, however it does not seem to work on this custom theme.

Is there a way I can get it to work?
remingtonowners

Post by remingtonowners »

i replaced the file and it works now! Thank you for all your help. This mod and your support are great.
remingtonowners

Post by remingtonowners »

I have been using this mod for little bit on two of my forums and love it, but for some reason on one of my forums the rep count increments by 5 and on the other forum it goes up by 2 every time you give a positive rep. Im not sure how i managed to do this but its quite weird.
complexxLT

Post by complexxLT »

I've been looking for similar mod for quite a while now and still no luck. Every mod I find is either abandoned/outdated or is a little out of concept of what I need.

Is it possible to add such a feature, that users would vote thumbs up or down on posts, not on users, but the overall score would add up on user profile.
Two reasons for that:
1. I don't want users to vote for/against other users it kinda seems personal that you are rating a person not his post.
2. Some would like to see their post ratings, to be able to tell which posts are approved by most users and which are not.
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

remingtonowners wrote:I have been using this mod for little bit on two of my forums and love it, but for some reason on one of my forums the rep count increments by 5 and on the other forum it goes up by 2 every time you give a positive rep. Im not sure how i managed to do this but its quite weird.
It all depends on your settings from the ACP, where you can set the reputation power, so basicly if your rep power is 3, every time you add reputation points it will increment it with 3, if you have 5 - it will be incremented by 5.
complexxLT wrote:I've been looking for similar mod for quite a while now and still no luck. Every mod I find is either abandoned/outdated or is a little out of concept of what I need.

Is it possible to add such a feature, that users would vote thumbs up or down on posts, not on users, but the overall score would add up on user profile.
Two reasons for that:
1. I don't want users to vote for/against other users it kinda seems personal that you are rating a person not his post.
2. Some would like to see their post ratings, to be able to tell which posts are approved by most users and which are not.
When you rate a user, you rate also his post, so you can rate only one time a user on the same post.
You can view that when you click on user reputation link wich will give you a list with the post where you have received reputation. But the point 2 will be improvet in the future.
RPG MOD for phpbb3
Adrian1

Re: [BETA] User Reputation MOD 0.3.5

Post by Adrian1 »

MOD updated to 0.3.5, wich will add support for subsilver2.

Download: http://www.phpbbmods.org/viewtopic.php? ... rt=10#p327
RPG MOD for phpbb3
Sasha87

Post by Sasha87 »

Hi, first of all thx for this MOD!!! ;)

I have installed your new version, on my php board 3.0.9, its working good, but I had a one problem....
When I change points to ex. 300 points for some user, later when I try to give positive reputation, this 300 points change to 0... Same is when I try to add some points ex. 100 by ACP, when that user had 300 + 100 must be 400, but no, then show me again 0...

just to notice I edit correct all files....

why happened that, do you can help me?

Thank you! ;)
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I have a request: Could you add a reputation notification like vBulletin? It's hard to know to check your rep sometimes without this notification. Plus I think the users would use it more with some type of reminders.

Here's an example of a vB forum that I'm a member of:
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

victory1 wrote:I have a request: Could you add a reputation notification like vBulletin? It's hard to know to check your rep sometimes without this notification. Plus I think the users would use it more with some type of reminders...
Good idea...
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I forgot to add that it only appears if you have a comment to read. It disappears again after you click on it and it takes you to your comments.

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

Thanks for ideea it will be implemented in the next version.
RPG MOD for phpbb3
Sasha87

Post by Sasha87 »

Sasha87 wrote:Hi, first of all thx for this MOD!!! ;)

I have installed your new version, on my php board 3.0.9, its working good, but I had a one problem....
When I change points to ex. 300 points for some user, later when I try to give positive reputation, this 300 points change to 0... Same is when I try to add some points ex. 100 by ACP, when that user had 300 + 100 must be 400, but no, then show me again 0...

just to notice I edit correct all files....

why happened that, do you can help me?

Thank you! ;)
Can you help me?
esperenza

Post by esperenza »

Hi Adrian1,

I have already installed "Thanks for posts" mod. If I want to install this mod as well, will there be any conflict between the 2? Thanks.
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

Sasha87 wrote: Can you help me?
I will take a look into this.
esperenza wrote:Hi Adrian1,

I have already installed "Thanks for posts" mod. If I want to install this mod as well, will there be any conflict between the 2? Thanks.
There is no known conflinct so you can install the thanks mod without any problems.
RPG MOD for phpbb3
esperenza

Post by esperenza »

Adrian1 wrote:
esperenza wrote:Hi Adrian1,

There is no known conflinct so you can install the thanks mod without any problems.
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”