[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Re: [BETA] Scheduled Posts

Post by Tom »

This MOD queries each forum on your index, therefore it can generate a lot of queries. This is my fault, I tried to find a more efficient way to check each forum with less queries but I could not do so without breaking the unread/read forum fix that was necessary for this MOD. Honestly, there are a lot of problems with this MOD that have arisen since I tested it vigorously before the Beta release. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site
PDD_20

Post by PDD_20 »

Tom wrote:This MOD queries each forum on your index, therefore it can generate a lot of queries. This is my fault, I tried to find a more efficient way to check each forum with less queries but I could not do so without breaking the unread/read forum fix that was necessary for this MOD. Honestly, there are a lot of problems with this MOD that have arisen since I tested it vigorously before the Beta release. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ah ok, for me it is only problem and not too much, my mysql is very fast. Other small problem is when i try to change the date of a post, I can´t edit. I change the date but i save the before date...

Thanks
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

PDD_20 wrote:Other small problem is when i try to change the date of a post, I can´t edit. I change the date but i save the before date...
This problem has been reported elsewhere, as well. For some reason, I cannot reproduce this bug no matter what I try. I am thinking that it is a problem with date formats, but I'm not sure.
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Tom wrote: I am thinking that it is a problem with date formats, but I'm not sure.
You work on this problem?
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Lisbon wrote:You work on this problem?
Honestly, I haven't been able to reproduce this bug on any test installation of phpBB. I understand that others are having this problem, but I just cannot seem to reproduce it in any of my test environments. Therefore, there is no way I can fix it because I can't identify the problem. I'll try to see what I can do, but the fact that I cannot reproduce this bug makes it nearly impossible for me to fix.
PDD_20

Post by PDD_20 »

Tom wrote:
Honestly, I haven't been able to reproduce this bug on any test installation of phpBB. I understand that others are having this problem, but I just cannot seem to reproduce it in any of my test environments. Therefore, there is no way I can fix it because I can't identify the problem. I'll try to see what I can do, but the fact that I cannot reproduce this bug makes it nearly impossible for me to fix.
I have a fix for it:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_FUTURE_POST -->
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="future_post_time">{L_FUTURE_POST}:</label><br /><span>{FUTURE_POST_TIME}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="future_post_time" id="future_post_time" size="45" maxlength="60" tabindex="2" value="" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_FUTURE_POST}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
:D
PDD_20

Post by PDD_20 »

PDD_20 wrote:
Tom wrote:
I have a fix for it:

<!-- IF S_FUTURE_POST -->
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="future_post_time">{L_FUTURE_POST}:</label><br /><span>{FUTURE_POST_TIME}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="future_post_time" id="future_post_time" size="45" maxlength="60" tabindex="2" value="" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_FUTURE_POST}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
:D
This fix not work for all problems.

I have the perfect fix, it is relate with date formats.

In posting.php add (after

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/message_parser.' . $phpEx);

function format_fecha($timestamp) {return date('d F Y, H:i', $timestamp);}
Search for

'FUTURE_POST_TIME'		=>
and change this line for:

'FUTURE_POST_TIME'		=> ((!empty($post_data['future_post_time'])) ? ((!$submit && !$preview) ? $user->format_date($post_time) : $post_data['future_post_time']) : (($post_data['post_time'] && $mode == 'edit') ? format_fecha($post_data['post_time']) : '')),
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

question...

what do you put in the text box? What format?

would it work if I put in August 9, 2011 5:00 pm or something?
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

It uses PHP's strtotime() function, so most date formats will work.
jesschen wrote:would it work if I put in August 9, 2011 5:00 pm or something?
Yes, that would work perfectly.
master412160
Name: Max Pen

Post by master412160 »

This mod works for 3.0.9?

Will the next version contain the fix giving for the query issue in some posts above?
Regards, Matt.
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

master412160 wrote:This mod works for 3.0.9?
The Scheduled Posts MOD was written for compatibility with phpBB version 3.0.7-PL1. I have not attempted to test the MOD for its compatibility with phpBB version 3.0.9, but chances are it will be compatible with 3.0.9, as well. I would try installing it on a local testing board running phpBB version 3.0.9 to see if it will work properly.
master412160 wrote:Will the next version contain the fix giving for the query issue in some posts above?
If you're referring to the issue where it runs around 60 queries on the Board Index for some forums, then my answer is maybe. Since this MOD apparently did not work properly when it was tested by the MOD Team after its submission to the Modifications Database, I stopped work on it because I could not reproduce the problems that the MOD Team was having with it, yet more than one of them claimed that the MOD didn't work properly. I may release an update for this MOD in the distant future, but I can't see anything coming out anytime soon as my coursework is keeping me extremely busy and this particular MOD is nowhere near the top of my list of priorities right now. ;)
lemmingtopias

Post by lemmingtopias »

Is there a download for this?

The link in the OP is broken.
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

lemmingtopias wrote:Is there a download for this?

The link in the OP is broken.
Sorry about that, the domain that pointed to the file's location on my server has since been sold to a third party. I just uploaded it as an attachment to the topic instead.

Fixed now.
richard44

Post by richard44 »

This MOD is excellent, but there is an important problem in it.

When I send scheduled post to some forum, the counter of topics/posts is set to sum of total present and future topics/posts, so any user can see the number of topics/posts that are waiting for right time and date even he can´t see their name or content before the moment.

How could I fix it? I would like to set a counter to just present topics/posts, except for those in future.

Thanks for any suggestion!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this mod, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”