[ADB] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
chris_uk
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by chris_uk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello, i just wanted to drop in with a suggestion, i hope that you are expanding upon this mod, i have it up and running nicely.

This is not huge suggestion but they will make life simpler for the persons logging in with facebook.

Please make a change so that the last page viewed is the return point on login, its a pain to have to find posts again after login. I can see this would be especially so on a large very active forum. the return to index page on login, in my mind takes away from the whole idea of quick login with facebook. Normal login can return to page and so should this mod.

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by Prosk8er » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm

chris_uk wrote:Hello, i just wanted to drop in with a suggestion, i hope that you are expanding upon this mod, i have it up and running nicely.

This is not huge suggestion but they will make life simpler for the persons logging in with facebook.

Please make a change so that the last page viewed is the return point on login, its a pain to have to find posts again after login. I can see this would be especially so on a large very active forum. the return to index page on login, in my mind takes away from the whole idea of quick login with facebook. Normal login can return to page and so should this mod.
thats how the default phpbb works after you login it doesnt redirect back to the page you were looking at

sani.pd
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by sani.pd » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:52 pm

I cant login with Facebook button. After I have been registered, I want to Log in with Facebook, but the "Login with Facebook" button is still redirecting me at registration page. Can someone help me please, what Im doing wrong?

chris_uk
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by chris_uk » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 am

sani.pd wrote:I cant login with Facebook button. After I have been registered, I want to Log in with Facebook, but the "Login with Facebook" button is still redirecting me at registration page. Can someone help me please, what Im doing wrong?
Have you configured the module and also created a facebook app page? also have you clicked the link in the email the site sends you? if you have activation set to user you will need to do that before you can log in with your facebook details, just as you would with the normal registration process.

chris_uk
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by chris_uk » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 am

bprsk8r4272 wrote:thats how the default phpbb works after you login it doesnt redirect back to the page you were looking at

I don't recall ever modifying to redirect to normal page and my board redirects me to the last page viewed, that said i could have done and forgotten about it i have installed from memory 4 mods from here and i am working now on one of my own for creating custom pages from the ACP.

Still i dont think it would be that big of a deal to sort it out so i suppose i can crack open the archive and get to making the change and post the details here, if you dont mind that is.

rickyherbal
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:02 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by rickyherbal » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:14 am

I installed the mod but after installing it I do not have access to more forums and displays a 500 error, what happened? help! : (

I have phpbb 3.0.10

wesdunn
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by wesdunn » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Guys

I have installed the mod and its working fine for me, the only problem i have is that my forum is dark and the facebook comments do no show clearly enough, I have seen some other threads that say it's not possible to change this and i just have to change the forum post color, can anyone confirm this? everything appears to run directly off a facebook server therefore not allowing the modification of the core files, I am sure there is some genius here with an workaround, i would be glad for any help with this.

Thanks for the Mod btw very cool

Wes Dunn

sani.pd
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by sani.pd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm

chris_uk wrote:
sani.pd wrote:I cant login with Facebook button. After I have been registered, I want to Log in with Facebook, but the "Login with Facebook" button is still redirecting me at registration page. Can someone help me please, what Im doing wrong?
Have you configured the module and also created a facebook app page? also have you clicked the link in the email the site sends you? if you have activation set to user you will need to do that before you can log in with your facebook details, just as you would with the normal registration process.
Yes, I have configured Facebook app. If I haven´t - users wouldnt be able to register with Facebook. I mean problem is that administrators have to confirm registrations, but I didnt obtain confirmation e-mail. How can I (as administrator) confirm registration with Facebook? There are about 150 users registered without Facebook and evething goes well. :?

Thanks


Edited: After I enabled no-restration confirmation by administrator, it works... So how to fix it? I need this function turn on.

Bash
Registered User
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: London, England
Name: Glenn

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by Bash » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Wasn't there originally plans to include a wall?

serpentscode
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by serpentscode » Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Hello, has anyone the modifications for subsilver2 theme?
I'm stuck at ucp_register.tpl ..... can anyone help me?
Thank you for this great mod, works great on prosilver, but I need it on subsilver2 currently.

RichieD
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by RichieD » Sun May 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi!

Congratulations on a very useful mod - i'm frankly suprised that there aren't more mods out there that attempt to do the same thing!

I've installed the mod ok.. and everything seems to be doing the right things.. however, is there any way of directing the "Likes" and "Comments" to a group page rather than the default facebook page?

Also, a possible future modification, how about a method of enabling/disabling the like/comment button for various forums? (i.e some forums stay private to the website and aren't shared to facebook).

Keep up the good work!

saber210
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by saber210 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:28 am

Is it possible to enable only the facebook registration and login and not the like button on every post and facebook comments?

I would also want to know how to disable the normal registration of PHPBB instead it will be replace by facebook registration? means that you cannot register without a facebook account.

I think this will help to prevent spam.

Thanks for the plugin!
The grove by rockwell - Self hosted Pinoy Forum TeamPH

serpentscode
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by serpentscode » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Can help me anyone with the subsilver theme please?

coolyo
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by coolyo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 am

just wondering guys when i run the sql.

i get the following error:

Code: Select all

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` , `is_dynamic` )
VALUES (
'allow_avatar_remote_fb', '1', 1
), (
'allow_fb_avatar_remote', '1', 1
), (
'fb2011_admins', '0', 1
), (
'fb2011_appid', '0', 1
), (
'fb2011_comment_enable', 'yes', 1
), (
'fb2011_comment_posts', '2', 1
), (
'fb2011_comment_width', '450', 1
), (
'fb2011_fb_show_bday', 'yes', 1
), (
'fb2011_fb_show_gender', 'yes', 1
), (
'fb2011_fb_show_location', 'yes', 1
), (
'fb2011_lang', 'en_US', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_action', 'like', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_color', 'light', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_enable', 'yes', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_faces', 'false', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_font', 'tahoma', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_layout', 'standard', 1
), (
'fb2011_like_width', '450', 1
), (
'fb2011_page', '0', 1
), (
'fb2011_path', 'fb2011/', 0
), (
'fb2011_secret', '0', 1
), (
'fb2011_settings', '3', 1
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'allow_avatar_remote_fb' for key 1 
however i did make the mistake of creating this once and then dropped the table from my database.
And when i try to re-create it it's coming up with this. this probably aint a mod question but if anyone can shed some light on the situation it would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance.

User avatar
Dead Man
Registered User
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: [DEV] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by Dead Man » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 am

Any instructions for Sub Silver 2?

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”