Solved by a cleanup, please delete this topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Solved by a cleanup, please delete this topic

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

hello,

Sorry if my request seems weird, but let me explain :

I'm currently in charge of the GFX related stuff on a Belgian site-indexing forum (hosted on a Belgian server) and the admin has Russian friends. Lately, he added a "Announcements in English" section, then he submitted the link on Google Russia and Yandex, and since that day, the section is being spammed and it even triggered a conflict between the founder admin (who is a Flemish guy) and an former member (a Walloon/French girl) who seems to see pedobears everywhere, because some spam contains "soft pedo" which seems to be legal in Russia.

I'm currently trying to convince him about the seriousness of the spam issue, but even if the biggest spammer (a Russian) posted over 2000 posts within 13 days and that I showed him the result on StopForumSpam, he says that "it means nothing for Russian/Polish people think differently"…

So, I'm on a dead-end and now I seek help from genuine Russian/Polish people. If I get replies from these people, I'll PM the link, so they can examine it and confirm if this "cultural thing" is valid or just a cliché.

Thanks in advance.

Ishimaru

[EDIT] Finally found my paper-format English-French dictionary, so correction done… and I discovered that I mistyped "flamand" in the first place when I used the online dictionary.
Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

drjumba

Re: Any Russian/Polish here ? (need advice, complex spam iss

Post by drjumba »

use google translator

Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

drjumba wrote:use google translator
Read my post before saying such answers… I'm looking for true Russian geeks that are used to forum administering and that fairly speak English in order to validate an affirmation the Belgian dude told me ! I want to know if he's erring with this reasoning !

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

If you, as admin, are unhappy or uncomfortable with what's being posted, remove it or leave the site.

If you're dubious as to whether the posts are real or just spambots, then they sound like spambots and you should look at the sticky topic in the support forum on preventing them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “General Discussion”