[BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Blue Blood
Name: Blue Blood

Re: [BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000

Post by Blue Blood »

Peter77sx wrote:Ye, the more info you upload on alice files, the smarter the bot. Had similar mod for phpbb2... it was fun for a while.
Yes I remember the phpbb2 AI mod..it seems like it was much easier to teach and you could even add custom variables via ACP.
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

Blue Blood wrote:Where can i download this mod..
the download link directs me to
modbot_v0.3.1.zip
alissa_0.0.1.zip
to the basic shape, that are the only files you need.

if you want to set the bots's response, you must install your own alissa bot in your server.

Our bot respond the form that you want, without any modifications.

The new version of modbot will only need to copy one file in your forum, and nothing else.

Personalised response, you could use your own forum(or send a email to the bot server)
c : what is [#number] plus [#number]? number1=1;number2=2;
s: it is %calc(%load("number1")+%load("number2"))
It's that simple.

We do not stop the development of the bot, but in this time, it will be more easy to install.

But the way, in this moment the bot can ask questions(math and chemical questions just for your users).

:ugeek:
Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

I have it all working, got the admin side installed but I have a few question and errors.
Running on fresh phpBB 3.0.9

1) How do I remove the prompt saying bots are replying

2) I get this error on the page that saying bots are replying

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /ai/posting_bot_option.php on line 55: Undefined variable: confirm_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /ai/posting_bot_option.php on line 56: Undefined variable: confirm_code
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1135: Undefined index:

Now ALISSA is replying your post

also I get this error on the
Information

Your post have been responded by the bots Alissa

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting_bot.php on line 1072: Undefined variable: bot_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /ai/libraryfunction.php(396) : eval()'d code on line 1: Undefined variable: alissa_u
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1652: Undefined index: topic_replies_real
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting_bot.php on line 1086: Undefined index: Your post have been responded by the bots Alissa
3) Where do I download the alissa bot so I can install my own alissa bot.
I want to make a custom Q & A database.
Mr. Brooks

Post by Mr. Brooks »

I can't get this mod to work. Are you sure you put all instructions in the first post? And I don't understand what are those settings in the ACP. @.@
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

I managed to get the thing to work once, quite some time ago.

The instructions are terrible. You can download and install an ALICE bot from Sourceforge, but it isn't going to be like installing a board modification. You'll need skills beyond what Petrocad3d is able to communicate.

The thing is clumsy and really useless, to be honest. You'll spend too much time trying to train your 'bot to be anything more than a Japanese technotoy whose diaper needs changing as often as you need to purge the f'd up database.

Just being honest. :|
Muggins
Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

Yes very hard to install...
Its a beta why not an automod installer?

This one is less teachable, and ACP side is limited.

I like the old bot from phpbb2
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=24191
I'm thanking about porting Forum AI from phpbb2 to phpbb3
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

Blue Blood wrote:Yes very hard to install...
Its a beta why not an automod installer?

This one is less teachable, and ACP side is limited.

I like the old bot from phpbb2
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=24191
I'm thanking about porting Forum AI from phpbb2 to phpbb3
Hi,

is possible to install the new version 3.0.9 is having some problems?, if possible, but unlikely.

I have not been installed since that, because there is always a new update to try.

However, I do not understand something.

If people were happy with the Alice in phpbb2, should also be happy with the Alice in phpbb3.

Alice bot is not our technology.

I notice that many people just want to stick PHPBB with ALICE bot,if it is easy, but not convenient.

Unless someone says that Alice is completely revamped and will not change, would be a good idea.
muggins wrote: The thing is clumsy and really useless, to be honest. You'll spend too much time trying to train your 'bot to be anything more than a Japanese technotoy whose diaper needs changing as often as you need to purge the f'd up database.
you should not complain to me if Alice does not do what you want to do, Alice was not written by us. Instead we have our own bot.

I remember you as one of the most enthusiastic, and give all exactly what i promised, ALICE with PHPBB, the only thing I did not give was the ALICE control panel

But the program itself have that, in addition also gave 3 options in order to use bots online.

I do not want to criticize ALICE bot, but this bot is not designed for nothing more than answering questions extremely quickly, looking for some words in the sentence.

If you are willing to test our bot, i upload the bot to internet in order that you set it and see the difference if you find it difficult at first to remember that you are not ready for people.

regards,
Last edited by petrocad3d on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

I know this mod is not easy to train, that's not the problem.
At least make an Automod installer. Plus your install directions are no very clear at all.
A phpBB user with basic knowledge or above basic knowledge would not be able to install this with out major frustration.
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

Blue Blood wrote:I know this mod is not easy to train, that's not the problem.
At least make an Automod installer. Plus your install directions are no very clear at all.
A phpBB user with basic knowledge or above basic knowledge would not be able to install this with out major frustration.
hi,

Someone offered to do the manual, but never did.

The AutoMod was done once, and this should be available in the latest published version. (Not the current version in testing).

However, I have not seen advantage in making the AutoMod (as i understood), That AutoMod does not modify automatically the program,

Recently we have created a program that makes modificiones automatically, this seems better.

While this is true AutoMod fully operational, it has no control of security, this should run offline, in other words, for a user with basic knowledge has no value.

Regards,
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Install instructions in MODX format are a requirement, see rule 6b.

MODX is different to AutoMOD. MODX format instructions can be parsed by the AutoMOD tool to allow automated installation.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

Oyabun1 wrote:Install instructions in MODX format are a requirement, see rule 6b.

MODX is different to AutoMOD. MODX format instructions can be parsed by the AutoMOD tool to allow automated installation.
Hi,

I dont understand very well, you say the MODX files are required?.

i review again the files, i can see modbot.xml,modx.prosilver.en.xsl and license.txt . i understood the fist time i read the instructions, that files are the MODX files, arent they?

Regards,
tazzarkin

Post by tazzarkin »

petrocad3d wrote:
M1sT3rM4n wrote:I just made a brand new forum, and installed the modbot on there. I then edited the posting.php and I still don't see the option to enable a bot response.

I think it might be your edits in posting.php. Check your work.
Yes, you are right, the problem is in posting.php. This lines need to be in the correct place :

$message = ($mode == 'edit') ? 'POST_EDITED' : 'POST_STORED';
$message = include 'ai/posting_bot_option.php';
$message .= $user->lang[$message] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['VIEW_MESSAGE'], '<a href="' . $redirect_url . '">', '</a>');

i saw, you added this lines, in other place, it is ok, but, when you added this lines again(did you remember this step?), the last line was added in this way :

$message = $user->lang[$message] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['VIEW_MESSAGE'], '<a href="' . $redirect_url . '">', '</a>');

instead

$message .= $user->lang[$message] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['VIEW_MESSAGE'], '<a href="' . $redirect_url . '">', '</a>');

The problem was the point "."

Explanation :

$message .= $msg;

this is similar

$message = $message + $msg;

if you dont add the point before the equal, you wont be able to see the prompt. because the prompt would be detected.

i am not sure if my explanation is clear, but if you want to create clearly instructions for this modbot, someones and i will be grateful.

PD: if you wish, show me your posting.php code (again) only this part, and i will rewrite that part of code. no problem.

Sorry to bother you, but I'm having the same problem as the previous person. I think it is my edits in posting.php I've gone over it a million times and can't figure out the problem.
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

tazzarkin wrote:
Sorry to bother you, but I'm having the same problem as the previous person. I think it is my edits in posting.php I've gone over it a million times and can't figure out the problem.
i read your PM, please send me your posting.php, i will check this friday
petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d »

hi,

i checked the modbot over phpbb 3.0.9(fresh and latest version), and it works very well.

Open: posting.php

Find ~ 1134 line - This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

$message = $user->lang[$message] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['VIEW_MESSAGE'], '<a href="' . $redirect_url . '">', '</a>');

Replace With

$message = include 'ai/posting_bot_option.php';
phpbb3.0.9
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [code]...[/code] tags added
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

I really need the ability to trap the bot into her own forum so she's not posting all over the place and I don't want users to pick and choose when to see bot responses. I want to be able to set the bot up in her own forum and have her always respond to anyone who posts in there.
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”