How to totally get rid of "who's online " statistic ?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
eddd

How to totally get rid of "who's online " statistic ?

Post by eddd »

I wanna know how to remove "who's online " entirely not just on template but remove the code that generate current online users .

I tried to hide them all but after installed phpbb gallery it pop up at phpbb album section . so it is possible to get rid of it totally ?
nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Re: How to totally get rid of "who's online " statistic ?

Post by nuckfan15 »

Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

eddd wrote:I wanna know how to remove "who's online " entirely not just on template but remove the code that generate current online users .

I tried to hide them all but after installed phpbb gallery it pop up at phpbb album section . so it is possible to get rid of it totally ?
Instead of editing the template, did you try setting the following Load settings to No:
  • Enable online user listings
  • Enable online guest listings in viewonline
  • Enable display of user online/offline information
Doesn't that get rid of all of the online displays?

I presume that's what nuckfan15 was suggesting (even though he didn't link to the specific post) as the rest of that topic dealt with editing template files, which you specifically said that you didn't want to do.

If changing those settings doesn't work for your Gallery MOD, I would strongly suggest editing the Gallery MOD instead of the core code. That should be much easier.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
eddd

Post by eddd »

Pony99CA wrote:
eddd wrote:I wanna know how to remove "who's online " entirely not just on template but remove the code that generate current online users .

Instead of editing the template, did you try setting the following Load settings to No:
Doesn't that get rid of all of the online displays?

I presume that's what nuckfan15 was suggesting (even though he didn't link to the specific post) as the rest of that topic dealt with editing template files, which you specifically said that you didn't want to do.

If changing those settings doesn't work for your Gallery MOD, I would strongly suggest editing the Gallery MOD instead of the core code. That should be much easier.

Steve
i couldn't find the code on the phpbb gallery to stop it from displaying "who's online" . I try delete or comment out the code that has "who's online" and then refresh everything but still it is there !
Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

eddd wrote:i couldn't find the code on the phpbb gallery to stop it from displaying "who's online" . I try delete or comment out the code that has "who's online" and then refresh everything but still it is there !
Did you try changing those settings that I listed to No? If so, it could be a problem with the Gallery MOD and you should ask in its support forum.

Regardless, this is not really a phpBB Support issue if you want to change code.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

Pony99CA wrote:setting the following Load settings to No:
eddd, please try Pny99CA's suggestion above. If the problem still persists, check to see if this is in the tempate files for that particular MOD:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST -->
If the above code is there and you still have problems, you will need to ask the MOD Author in the support section for the MOD.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
eddd

Post by eddd »

anyone here kind enough to go throuhg php gallery mod and tell me which code should be remove in order to stop it from displaying online users info ?

i search thru it and delete everythign that has online on it still it was there !!!!!!!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

eddd wrote:anyone here kind enough to go throuhg php gallery mod and tell me which code should be remove in order to stop it from displaying online users info ?
That kind person would be the MOD author in the support topic for that MOD.

To receive MOD support please visit our Customisations Database and post in the specific MOD's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released MOD is also available in the first post of each released MOD listed in the MOD Database Releases forum.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
eddd

Post by eddd »

stevemaury wrote:
eddd wrote:anyone here kind enough to go throuhg php gallery mod and tell me which code should be remove in order to stop it from displaying online users info ?
That kind person would be the MOD author in the support topic for that MOD.

To receive MOD support please visit our Customisations Database and post in the specific MOD's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released MOD is also available in the first post of each released MOD listed in the MOD Database Releases forum.
unfortunately the mod author doesn't seem interested in solving the problem .
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

eddd wrote:unfortunately the mod author doesn't seem interested in solving the problem .
I don't see a post from you in the discussion/support area for the MOD, you should post in phpBB Gallery/support. The MOD author is active so there shouldn't be an issue getting support.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”