[MOD DB] Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

[MOD DB] Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
based on my Enable Browser Language Detection MOD and inherited translation MOD I want to write a new MOD for better multi language pack support for phpBB3.
Feature list:
  • browser language detection ;)
  • language pack dropdown box for guests and registered users using session managment insteat of using posted lang variables or cookies
  • country flags selection bar
  • fill missing language variables for the user language with the language variables from British English or Board default language - so missing updated language packs or missing MOD translations will not result errors or incomptibilites
  • Auto-support for a lot of large MODs (Add Ons or modules)
Demo and development board: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/phpBB3AMLS/

Download 1.0.2 - 2012-10-31: http://martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/phpB ... =72&t=1027

Modification database: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/a ... pport_mod/

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
leschek

Re: [DEV] Advanced Multi Language Support MOD

Post by leschek »

Nice. I'm looking forward to this one. It would be nice option (at least for me) if it change language of post too. I mean it will allow user to write a post in two (or more) languages and then it will choose selected language in a post. And if there is not more languages in a post to choose from it will show the one available.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: [DEV] Advanced Multi Language Support MOD

Hello leschek,
the feature which you requesting sounds nice. But I will not do it. For this need I prefer to create several forums on your board and to tell them names including the language.

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: [DEV] Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD

Hello,
I've done the first steps:
http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... /index.php

The dropdown menue box is working fine.

Bye Martin
My MODs
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
most of the features are finished now. Only the language selection flags bar is not finished at the moment.

Maybe I will add one more feature for better rtl support: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 81&t=43017 ???
We will see! ;)

But it seems that Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD 1.0.0 will been released in June 2012.

Bye Martin
My MODs
leschek

Post by leschek »

It looks nice. I would like to ask, if would be possible to add drop down menu also into ACP (e.g. for MOD translators)?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
I think it's possible to add it to the ACP, too. But I will not add this feature.

But if you change the language before going into the ACP then the language still is changed in the ACP. 8-) :)

Bye Martin
My MODs
leschek

Post by leschek »

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:But if you change the language before going into the ACP then the language still is changed in the ACP. 8-) :)
Yes, I know. It just would be easier to compare page in ACP in two languages (you don't have to go out of ACP to change it, or open another panel in browser for changing languages and then refresh page in ACP - it would save a few clicks). Anyway, I'm sure it will be great MOD.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello leschek,
if only MOD authors would need it so I have to say it's not an important feature. So it's easier to make some clicks more insteat of a overload for the MOD itself and the MOD installing webmasters.

Bye Martin
My MODs
Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: [RC] Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD

Hello,
Advanced Multi Language Pack Support MOD 1.0.0 is released. Details you can find at the first posts.

Bye Martin
My MODs
leschek

Post by leschek »

I tried to install it on localhost (fresh phpBB 3.0.10) with AutoMOD but it shows me

Code: Select all

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods//contrib/templates/subsilver2.xml
I repacked it (put the files and folders in archive into one folder called: AdvancedMultiLanguagePackSupportMOD_1.0.0 and zipped it again) and it worked until I run external installer (umil_auto_amls.php). Then I get those errors:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1547: Undefined index: lang_select_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1547: Undefined index: lang_click_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1581: Undefined index: lang_select_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1581: Undefined index: lang_click_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1690: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1694: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2215: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2219: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2215: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2219: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Undefined index: lang_select_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Undefined index: lang_click_enable
and I cannot see anything in ACP, but errors above.
watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl »

This could be a great modification if you can let it work with Google Translate, so the text in topics can be translated to.
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello leschek,
please run umil_auto_amls.php again. Look if you can select install or uninstall.

I got it running with AutoMOD successfully. But I have uploaded the files per FTP client to ./store/mods .
But I have not a lot of experience. I've used it the first time some weeks. I prefer to install MODs manually.

@watisnf.nl: It's a nice idea. I will think about adding it. There is just a button with a hyperlink needed.

Bye Martin
My MODs
leschek

Post by leschek »

Martin,
I tried to install it again. The AutoMOD shows me that it successfully edited and copied the files. Then I tried to run umil_auto_amls.php and I can see only the errors I wrote above. I tried to change language to en and back to default, but nothing helped.
Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:I prefer to install MODs manually.
Me too. I just use AutoMOD for testing the mods on localhost (with QuickInstall), before I add it to live board.

I'll try to install it manually and will let you know the result.
leschek

Post by leschek »

I installed it manually (with AutoMOD (before) I didn't edit lang files of my local language - now I did) and I get those errors when I tried to run umil_auto_amls.php (I don't have to run it, those errors are above header):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1547: Undefined index: lang_select_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1547: Undefined index: lang_click_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1581: Undefined index: lang_select_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1581: Undefined index: lang_click_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1622: Undefined index: detect_lang_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1688: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1692: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2212: Undefined index: inherit_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2216: Undefined index: inherit_lang
And I'm not able to log in (when forum redirect me back on index I'm logged off)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”