[RC] Topic Password 2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Ather
Name: Ather Akber

Re: [RC] Topic Password 2.0.1

Post by Ather »

for those getting Column 'topic_password' cannot be null [1048], you need to add the posting.php edit into your Appform's code

for example: after the $data = array( code, insert your mod edit here..
so it becomes:

Code: Select all

$data = array( 
    // General Posting Settings
    'forum_id'            => 2,    // The forum ID in which the post will be placed. (int)
    'topic_id'            => 0,    // Post a new topic or in an existing one? Set to 0 to create a new one, if not, specify your topic ID here instead.
    'icon_id'            => false, 
'topic_password' => 0,  //topic password edit

same goes for functions_posting.php edit
CPL Syed Ather Akbar
Regional Command Southwest
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan

My Mods/Snippets
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

that explains it...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
eric90066

Post by eric90066 »

Hello,

I notice in the administrator area, by default the topic password is off for all forums. I'm wondering if there is a way to change this so that the default is on?
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Yes it is. before running install_topic_password.php you need to open it and edit

find

array(FORUMS_TABLE, 'forum_allow_topic_password', array('USINT', 0)),
replace with

array(FORUMS_TABLE, 'forum_allow_topic_password', array('USINT', 1)),
eric90066

Post by eric90066 »

Kamahl19 wrote:Yes it is. before running install_topic_password.php you need to open it and edit

find

array(FORUMS_TABLE, 'forum_allow_topic_password', array('USINT', 0)),
replace with

array(FORUMS_TABLE, 'forum_allow_topic_password', array('USINT', 1)),
Hey Kamahl19,

Thanks for the quick response. I've already installed the mod. Can you tell me where might find it in code?
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Nowhere.

You can uninstall and install again or just run a SQL command in your phpmyadmin to update table
AzMandius

Installation successful but password protection not working

Post by AzMandius »

Hello,
I love a lot the idea of this mod, have installed it successfully, i can see password field in acp and front-end, i can set a password to a topic, yet when i try to access the password protected topic thread i can do so freely, without password. Please see this topic, it is protected with a password: http://webdev.zz.mu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1#p1

Am i missing something? Is there a way to check what's wrong?

Thank you a lot.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Re: Installation successful but password protection not work

Post by Jessica »

AzMandius wrote:Hello,
I love a lot the idea of this mod, have installed it successfully, i can see password field in acp and front-end, i can set a password to a topic, yet when i try to access the password protected topic thread i can do so freely, without password. Please see this topic, it is protected with a password: http://webdev.zz.mu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1#p1

Am i missing something? Is there a way to check what's wrong?

Thank you a lot.
I believe the OP of the topic and admins (and I think moderators) can access it without needing to enter the password. If you try going to the topic using another account, like a test account, you probably will have to enter in the password.

EDIT: Seems like something went wrong (not sure what), as I could access the topic...strange.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
AzMandius

Re: Installation successful but password protection not work

Post by AzMandius »

Jessica wrote:EDIT: Seems like something went wrong (not sure what), as I could access the topic...strange.
8-) Exactly.
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

Hello again.
Since no one has any idea about my issue (or not willing to have) i regret i have messed my freshly installed board's code with this mod, and i would like to completely uninstall it, including removing any trails left from the SQL command i have run upon installation. How do i reverse that SQL command?
Thank you,
Regards
new777

security issue

Post by new777 »

I don't want to just post this, but no help came from PM or Email. :?

The Topic Password Mod works great, EXCEPT for one thing ... The RSS Feed, just shows the topic content in the feed when logged in as a standard member. Therefore anybody can read the post without a password.
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Version 2.1.0 is almost done. All bugs are fixed, it is also ready for 3.0.12 and you cant read topics via Search or RSS if they are passworded.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

Kamahl19 wrote:Version 2.1.0 is almost done. All bugs are fixed, it is also ready for 3.0.12 and you cant read topics via Search or RSS if they are passworded.
Great, can't wait! :D
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I added also ACP module with 3 options: Admin / Moderator / Topic author does not need the password to access the topic.

I will probably also add the list of all forums so you can enable the MOD for multiple forums with just one click. Now, you have to do it for each forum separately in Forum settings.

Any more ideas?
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

Kamahl19 wrote:I added also ACP module with 3 options: Admin / Moderator / Topic author does not need the password to access the topic.

I will probably also add the list of all forums so you can enable the MOD for multiple forums with just one click. Now, you have to do it for each forum separately in Forum settings.

Any more ideas?
Those all sound great. I, for one, cannot think of any more ideas. I hope the new version with these features comes out soon.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”