[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MydnyteSyn

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by MydnyteSyn »

Are there any manual install instructions? I never use autoMod to install the mods on any of the forums I set up. Ever.
MauMTS1000

Post by MauMTS1000 »

Sorry,
i use only facebook login.
If we have both this condition:
user logged in on forum with standard method, (for example is old user) and user click on 'sign in': is possible to link his old profile with his facebook account?

thanks.
behedwin

Post by behedwin »

i am using latest phpbb forum
im using latest automod

when i upload the zip file
i get this error message and automod dont work anymore.

XML error: Mismatched tag at line 341. View the file ./../store/mods/alternate-login-master/install_mod.xml in a web browser for a more detailed error message.

when i open that file
i cant find anything specific?

anyone that can help?
Malou_pitawawa

Post by Malou_pitawawa »

MydnyteSyn wrote:Are there any manual install instructions? I never use autoMod to install the mods on any of the forums I set up. Ever.
Yes. Follow included instructions as usual. That's what I did.
Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Malou_pitawawa wrote:
MydnyteSyn wrote:Are there any manual install instructions? I never use autoMod to install the mods on any of the forums I set up. Ever.
Yes. Follow included instructions as usual. That's what I did.
I prefer the manual installation too.

However, if it was manually installed, how to uninstall it in order to install a newer version? (remove database changes etc.)
mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg »

I have uploaded the latest version which fixes the issue with the hook file and the duplicate <entry> tag in the install file.

WARNING: I have been notified that if you have your board in debug mode then this MOD will throw a number of warning errors that will render it useless. I have been testing it for a few days and trying to catch these warnings so they are handled more elegantly but I wasn't able to catch them all. As such, I do not recommend using this MOD on a board with debug enabled.

It can be found here:

Modification Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/alterna ... p/download

GitHub Repository (Nightly builds): https://github.com/mjimeyg/alternate-login
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

This works fabulously! No issues at all to report. I just have a question. I have the settings set so that someone can "be the first to like" the topic on the viewtopic page. However, the text that reads "Be the first of your friends to like this" is a very dark grey and cannot be seen against the background I'm using. Where can I change the font color of that text?
mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg »

MydnyteSyn wrote:This works fabulously! No issues at all to report. I just have a question. I have the settings set so that someone can "be the first to like" the topic on the viewtopic page. However, the text that reads "Be the first of your friends to like this" is a very dark grey and cannot be seen against the background I'm using. Where can I change the font color of that text?
You need to add the following attribute to the Like tag:

Code: Select all

data-colorscheme="dark"
There is more information here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/re ... gins/like/

Image Image
d3v1l13

Post by d3v1l13 »

Hi, i installed your latest version and it works ok.

2 questions:
1. Through this mod i have linked my twitter account with the forum account in order to log in with twitter, but i cannot access the forum using my previous user/pass anymore, it says "wrong username or password".
The problem is that i can login through twitter, but i cannot access the administration control pannel, as there is no social login option there (login to acp) and my previous forum login doesn't work.
Is there a way to unlink or solve this ?

2. Is there a way to integrate steam login ? I have seen it on demo site

Thanks.
mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg »

d3v1l13 wrote:Hi, i installed your latest version and it works ok.

2 questions:
1. Through this mod i have linked my twitter account with the forum account in order to log in with twitter, but i cannot access the forum using my previous user/pass anymore, it says "wrong username or password".
The problem is that i can login through twitter, but i cannot access the administration control pannel, as there is no social login option there (login to acp) and my previous forum login doesn't work.
Is there a way to unlink or solve this ?

2. Is there a way to integrate steam login ? I have seen it on demo site

Thanks.
The mod shouldn't affect your password at all, but if it seems to have done so you can change your password in the UCP and then try logging into the ACP again.

Steam is implemented through OpenID. Enable OpenID and Steam will appear.

Image Image
Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Gongrats on this mod mjimeyg! Ever since you implemented the hooks it has turned out to be a relatively easy to install mod! And it works better and better too.

However, by having few edits to carry out it is more than ever tempting to do a manual install rather than installing it with automod!

Could you add instructions for uninstalling this the manual way? This will also help those who want to replace older versions with newer ones.
mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg »

Louis7777 wrote:Gongrats on this mod mjimeyg! Ever since you implemented the hooks it has turned out to be a relatively easy to install mod! And it works better and better too.

However, by having few edits to carry out it is more than ever tempting to do a manual install rather than installing it with automod!

Could you add instructions for uninstalling this the manual way? This will also help those who want to replace older versions with newer ones.
Uninstalling is simply reversing the install instructions. There is no specific set of instructions other than to read the install file and find the edits you made and either remove or replace them with what was previously there. That is pretty much how AutoMOD works I assume.

Image Image
Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

mjimeyg wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:Gongrats on this mod mjimeyg! Ever since you implemented the hooks it has turned out to be a relatively easy to install mod! And it works better and better too.

Uninstalling is simply reversing the install instructions. There is no specific set of instructions other than to read the install file and find the edits you made and either remove or replace them with what was previously there. That is pretty much how AutoMOD works I assume.
Aren't there any database changes that need to be undone? (And how to undo them the manual way?)
d3v1l13

Post by d3v1l13 »

mjimeyg wrote:The mod shouldn't affect your password at all, but if it seems to have done so you can change your password in the UCP and then try logging into the ACP again.
Yes, probably it shouldn't, but it did... and i cannot change my passwors ad it keep saying that current password is incorect...

I have installed the mod, set details for logging in with facebook and twitter, tested it with facebook, worked. I logout and then tested with twitter, asked me if i want to link accounts or something like that, i said yes. I logout again and when i put my old username and password, says invalid username or password.
And i wrote them corectly.
I could login again with twitter, as administrator, but as i said before, i cannot access my admin control pannel because there is no social login there and the password doesn't work anymore.
Ugly situation... i cannot do anything without acp... isn't any way to solve that besides restore a backup ?

Later edit: i solved it with "i forgot my password" option. I'm pretty sure that the problem was somehow caused by this mod. Anyway, thanks for the mod, it's really great.

A question: i have added openid login option, but can i elliminate some of the options ?
I mean keep only steam, yahoo and google there and join them with the facebook and twitter line
mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg »

Louis7777 wrote:
mjimeyg wrote:

Aren't there any database changes that need to be undone? (And how to undo them the manual way?)
Again, it is simply reversing the instructions in the install_mod.xml file. If it said to add a table or field then delete it. With the database specifically I made sure not to do anything like modifying field attributes so it is simply a matter of deleting the additions.

Image Image

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”