[BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Locked
User avatar
WileCoyote
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:37 am
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by WileCoyote »

pertneer wrote:So you only want the founder to be able to adjust these or a specific type of admin?
Should be added to administrator-roles on the permissions tab like the roles for moderators.
pertneer wrote:This will limit it to KB only

Code: Select all

    #kb_postbody .inner{
       font-size: 1.2em;
    }
For me it would be easier a lot if i could deal with the original template and css files from the 1.0.2 Version because i made them fully xhtml strict valid on my forum. You can take a look at: http://www.wu-systems.at/kb.php
Regards
WileCoyote

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

WileCoyote wrote: Should be added to administrator-roles on the permissions tab like the roles for moderators.
The roles is where I plan on putting them.
WileCoyote wrote: For me it would be easier a lot if i could deal with the original template and css files from the 1.0.2 Version because i made them fully xhtml strict valid on my forum. You can take a look at: http://www.wu-systems.at/kb.php
There have been many changes from this version and as noted in the first post I am not supporting versions previous to my first release, sorry.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

I missed this in your previous post
WileCoyote wrote: For me it seems that when viewing articles only the language variable for {ARTICLES_VIEWS} is in use. The other one {ARTICLES_VIEW} is never shown to me while testing
The {ARTICLES_VIEW} is only shown when there has been one viewing of the article. All other times it is displaying {ARTICLES_VIEWS}.
Here is the difference

Code: Select all

	'ARTICLES_VIEW'						=> '<b>Article viewed:</b> <span style="color:#ff0000;">%1$s time</span>',
	'ARTICLES_VIEWS'					=> '<b>Article viewed:</b> <span style="color:#ff0000;">%1$s times</span>',
Note that only the word "time" is being changed. So when article has not been viewed it will show

Code: Select all

Article viewed: 0 times
When an article has been viewed only one time it will show

Code: Select all

Article viewed: 1 time
Then after more views it will show

Code: Select all

Article viewed: 6 times
Hope this explains what to look for
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
WileCoyote
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:37 am
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by WileCoyote »

I've seen you have updated the development edition. I don't have much time the next days for testing but will do so when i have a little bit more time.

Found an issue in install.xml while i was trying to install 1.0.4.2 dev

Code: Select all

'L_KB'					=> (isset($config['kb_link_name']) && $config['kb_link_name'] != '') ? $config['kb_link_name'] : $user->lang['KB_NAME'],
should be

Code: Select all

'L_KB'					=> (isset($config['kb_link_name']) && $config['kb_link_name'] != '') ? $config['kb_link_name'] : $user->lang['KB_LINK_NAME'],
Regards
WileCoyote

User avatar
wintstar
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by wintstar »

With Automod I had no problems during the installation of 1.0.4.2 dev. From version 1.0.4 to 1.04.2, there was only change to the version number in the install.xml. That would be correct. If the ACP under "Knowledge Base linkname" $config['kb_link_name no other is entered, this is read from the language file KB_NAME.

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

WileCoyote wrote:I've seen you have updated the development edition. I don't have much time the next days for testing but will do so when i have a little bit more time.

Found an issue in install.xml while i was trying to install 1.0.4.2 dev

Code: Select all

'L_KB'					=> (isset($config['kb_link_name']) && $config['kb_link_name'] != '') ? $config['kb_link_name'] : $user->lang['KB_NAME'],
should be

Code: Select all

'L_KB'					=> (isset($config['kb_link_name']) && $config['kb_link_name'] != '') ? $config['kb_link_name'] : $user->lang['KB_LINK_NAME'],
Wintstar is correct. KB_NAME in the language file is "KB". This is used by default unless someone wants to change the link name within the acp, then it will use the config value instead. The value for "KB_LINK_NAME" is actually "Knowledge base link name" and would be too long for the link in the header.

Also note with this version it is imperative that you do a fresh install do to a permission change. Please see this notice. With development versions I try to give any extra information regarding the install within the release topic. Any special information needed to install a beta version will be posted on this topic if needed.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
WileCoyote
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:37 am
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by WileCoyote »

Sorry for this, should have done the install with english activated on my test board.
Regards
WileCoyote

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

Released Version 1.0.5

See first post for download link
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
WileCoyote
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:37 am
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by WileCoyote »

Hi, i'm currently testing Version 1.0.5. I have another suggestion depending on permission and permission roles. IMO it would make more sense if the permission roles are named equally to the forum roles. Because a knowledge base category is compareable with a forum or a forum category. The following is an example what i'm thinking and talking about:
  • No Access (New Role)
    Can neither see nor access the category
  • Read Only Access (Best used for Guests without permission to comment)
    Can read the category but cannot create new articles or comments
  • Limited Access (If Guests should be able to comment)
    Can use some category features, but cannot attach files or use article icons
  • Standard Access (Knowledge Base Authors which can create articles without approving them)
    Can use most category features including attachments and deleting own articles and comments, but cannot open articles
  • Standard Access + Opening Articles (for Knowledge Base Moderators)
    Like Standard Access but can also open articles and edit articles and comments of other users
  • Full Access (Admins + Founders)
    Can use all category features. Not recommended for normal users.
  • On Moderation Queue (for Knowledge Base Authors - articles must be approved
    Can use most category features including attachments, but articles (and comments) need to be approved by a moderator
  • Bot Access (can only see category, articles in it and read articles)
    This role is recommended for bots and search spiders
  • Newly Registered User Access (this only because of the never permissions)
    A role for members of the special newly registered users group; contains NEVER permissions to lock features for new users
Maybe this looks a little bit overdone, but if this roles are available on install there is no need to create extra roles because nearly every permissions requirement for board operators is coverd then. Also it should not be required to create new permissions for implementing those roles.
Regards
WileCoyote

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

WileCoyote wrote:Hi, i'm currently testing Version 1.0.5. I have another suggestion depending on permission and permission roles. IMO it would make more sense if the permission roles are named equally to the forum roles. Because a knowledge base category is compareable with a forum or a forum category. The following is an example what i'm thinking and talking about:
  • No Access (New Role)
    Can neither see nor access the category
  • Read Only Access (Best used for Guests without permission to comment)
    Can read the category but cannot create new articles or comments
  • Limited Access (If Guests should be able to comment)
    Can use some category features, but cannot attach files or use article icons
  • Standard Access (Knowledge Base Authors which can create articles without approving them)
    Can use most category features including attachments and deleting own articles and comments, but cannot open articles
  • Standard Access + Opening Articles (for Knowledge Base Moderators)
    Like Standard Access but can also open articles and edit articles and comments of other users
  • Full Access (Admins + Founders)
    Can use all category features. Not recommended for normal users.
  • On Moderation Queue (for Knowledge Base Authors - articles must be approved
    Can use most category features including attachments, but articles (and comments) need to be approved by a moderator
  • Bot Access (can only see category, articles in it and read articles)
    This role is recommended for bots and search spiders
  • Newly Registered User Access (this only because of the never permissions)
    A role for members of the special newly registered users group; contains NEVER permissions to lock features for new users
Maybe this looks a little bit overdone, but if this roles are available on install there is no need to create extra roles because nearly every permissions requirement for board operators is coverd then. Also it should not be required to create new permissions for implementing those roles.
I am moving towards eliminating the need to create new roles within the knowledge base itself. By this i mean I am looking to eliminate the Kb Roles as they are currently and put all permissions in the current roles in phpBB3. I have started this with the current version (v1.0.5)

I do like the idea and if I find that I cannot separate them easily, I will look into naming them as you have indicated. I feel that only three roles is very limiting.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
WileCoyote
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:37 am
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by WileCoyote »

pertneer wrote:I am moving towards eliminating the need to create new roles within the knowledge base itself. By this i mean I am looking to eliminate the Kb Roles as they are currently and put all permissions in the current roles in phpBB3. I have started this with the current version (v1.0.5)

I do like the idea and if I find that I cannot separate them easily, I will look into naming them as you have indicated. I feel that only three roles is very limiting.
I think the last changes you made are very good, because you changed the last permissions which where dirctly given to a group (name) to the roles where they should be. But the roles for the categories should not be removed or seperated. Every mod i know which is working with categories have their own categorie permissions or/and permission roles (phpBB Gallery, phpBB Directory, Hotchi's Download Mod and so on...). They are quite good to set basic permissions for the mod in an easy and comfortable way.
Regards
WileCoyote

User avatar
mladiucitelj
Registered User
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:33 am
Location: Slovenia, Europe

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by mladiucitelj »

Hi!

Nice mod...

Does phpbb board search system searches through KB too? If not is it possible to do so?

I think it would be confusing for my members if they have to click on KB first and then search for information.

Regards,
mladiucitelj
Don't forget to clear cache, refresh template, theme and imageset, double check all files :)

My mod: [MODDB] Menu System

User avatar
pertneer
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by pertneer »

mladiucitelj wrote:Hi!

Nice mod...

Does phpbb board search system searches through KB too? If not is it possible to do so?

I think it would be confusing for my members if they have to click on KB first and then search for information.

Regards,
mladiucitelj
I had thought that before and forgot to take a look into it. I added it to my list of todo's
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

User avatar
Chico Gois
Translator
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 am
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by Chico Gois »

A very useful modification that I really like.

I'm using version 1.0.5

But I think there's an error in the installation, the file styles/prosilver/template memberlist_body.html

Find:

Code: Select all

<th class="posts">&nbsp;</th>
Add After:

Code: Select all

<th class="posts">&nbsp;</th>
I believe it is

Code: Select all

<th class="articles">&nbsp;</th>
Thanks
Mundo phpBB
phpBB3, Joomla e algo mais...

ABDev
Registered User
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:29 pm
Location: France
Name: Adrien Bonnel

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Post by ABDev »

Hi pertneer,
Nice MOD, I hope you will submit it :).

Just a small question : in the code, where is located the jQuery file calling ? I searched, but I found nothing ...

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”