CRON Jobs not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
idontwantausername

CRON Jobs not working

Post by idontwantausername »

I've had this issue for a while now. Cron jobs on the forum just won't work.

I have a ridiculous amount of mods installed and I thought that might be the issue. However I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of phpBB to my local computer, installed phpBB and imported the database from my webserver. I searched through the entire config table for any future time stamp and there were none, but the cron tasks are still not running.

There are two mods which are not working. Autobackup and activity stats mod.

I'm so confused why this isn't working. I know my webhost supports cron jobs. I don't think there's anything in cpanel i need to setup because they used to work

Any help appreciated.
idontwantausername

Re: CRON Jobs not working

Post by idontwantausername »

Okay got them working. The problem was with autobackup it seems. I reset the last backup timestamp to 0 in the database. For those having trouble also, execute the following SQL query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb3_config SET config_value='0' WHERE config_name='auto_backup_last_gc'
change "phpbb3_" to your table prefix.

Once you've executed go to autobackup settings and change the next backup date again to some point in the future.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”