[RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.4.3 - AJAX maps OSM GOOGLE BING

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
ostridm

Re: [RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.3.6 - Board & Personal user maps

Post by ostridm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 am

ostridm

Re: [RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.3.6 - Board & Personal user maps

Post by ostridm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

leschek

Re: [RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.3.6 - AJAX maps OSM GOOGLE BING

Post by leschek » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am

Thank you for the update.

1. I have question again. On the main map above the names of maps (in sidebar - All mapped topics, Featured markers etc.) should to be numbers (count of the map markers or thumbnails), but I have number only above Featured markers map (I don't use any other tags). Above rest of names are only dots.

2. I'm not sure if it would be possible to implement, but I think it would be cool if on overlapping icons/thumbnails would be number of items. Now when you zoom out (or if icons/pictures are spread on few areas away from each other) you can only see one icon/thumbnail and don't know, that there is more interesting places or photos.

EDIT:
3. What do you think about showing thumbnail on balloon?

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 am

hi, leschek

1)
ellipsis means either mod do not exactly know how many objects exist belonging to that map because some of maps is not stored in DB or that map may have zero count of objects belonging to it. You will know the real count if you click on map to see it.

2)
You mean marker clustering. Well, I thought about it.... But now prefer not to do it because built-in clustering engine exists in Yandex Maps only. For all the other maps it will require 3-rd party scripts CSS that can cause compatibility issues and so on and so forth. Of course I can tell you how to do it for your unique setup.

3)
As to photos it seems pretty easy. But you must be sure your board generates preview for attachments because it may generate them only once at upload and depends on attachments settings.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 pm

ostridm,
Thank you for answers.

1. OK. Is it mean, that users can see the number of markers only above some map names?

ostridm wrote:Of course I can tell you how to do it for your unique setup.
Thank you. It is not necessary now. For me would be more important feature to add more than one POI in one post.

3. I think it shouldn't be problem (with regenerating), because your MOD already uses small thumbnails. Just put them also into balloon too.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 pm

hi leschek

1) yes. exactly. now users can not see marker count value for 'attachement' 'board users' 'all topics' 'all markers' maps because the count of markers on these maps is not stored. Count value just calculated on-the-fly during pagination phase for displaying for the map which is browsed by user. for the other maps - ellipsis (...) replaces zero, thus if that map will have non zero marker count it will show the number.

2) What do you think if you will be able to create marker for 'tagged' map not belonging to any topic/post?

3) this thumbnails are generated during the post submission they are relatively small to put them into balloon. Do you mean mod should generate a bit larger image or use the thumbnail generated by the board?

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi ostridm

1. Ok. I get it now.

2. No. I would like to add more markers to topic map in one post. Similarly as you can do with attachments (you can add a few attached photos on map in one post now).

3. I found some files in /files/ folder (similar names as other files but starting with ymsm_2_......), so I think those are the image-icons generated by your MOD. If they will be a bit bigger than now, they can be used for icons (resize them) and also for balloon (in default size). On other hand map will have to load bigger pictures so it can take longer. Ideally there would be two sizes - one for thumbnail generated, when user add attachment to the post and second generated, when user opens balloon (and then stored), but it seems to be too complicated.

4. There is a few options in mod settings "Attachment icon width" and "Attachment icon border" where admin should regenerate thumbnails, but I didn't find where. There is "Create thumbnail" setting in Attachment setting, but I guess it just generates thumbnail when you adding new photo-attachment.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:08 am

leschek wrote: 2. No. I would like to add more markers to topic map in one post. Similarly as you can do with attachments (you can add a few attached photos on map in one post now).
attachments are quite simple - all attachment related things are managed by the board not by mod. So here it utilize the power of phpBB engine. Opposite to this the post marker editor is built-in to board posting editor form. It will take too much work to provide functionality for multiple in place markers editing inside board post form. Now i see the only way with standalone editor which may be opened from the viewtopic script by the special link bound to the post to create new marker for the post. But I do not see the good idea how to manage (delete/edit) extra markers without map opening just in viewtopic script.
leschek wrote: 3. I found some files in /files/ folder (similar names as other files but starting with ymsm_2_......), so I think those are the image-icons generated by your MOD. If they will be a bit bigger than now, they can be used for icons (resize them) and also for balloon (in default size). On other hand map will have to load bigger pictures so it can take longer. Ideally there would be two sizes - one for thumbnail generated, when user add attachment to the post and second generated, when user opens balloon (and then stored), but it seems to be too complicated.
I have not checked it but think that not all the mod supported maps will draw markers as resized ones. Probably it will not work. The second case with larger image generated is preferable. But the similar functionality exists in phpBB from the box - the image attachment thumbnailing by default it is switched off. look at the post
http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/viewtopic.php?p=149#p149
the original image
http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/download ... &mode=view
and thumbnailed one
http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/download ... ?id=43&t=1
So it need not to generate the second thumbnail by my mod. it can be created by the board and placed into ballon like avatar at board users maps http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?m=-2&y=170

leschek wrote: 4. There is a few options in mod settings "Attachment icon width" and "Attachment icon border" where admin should regenerate thumbnails, but I didn't find where. There is "Create thumbnail" setting in Attachment setting, but I guess it just generates thumbnail when you adding new photo-attachment.
Sorry. no options to regenerate... by the moment
leschek wrote: There is "Create thumbnail" setting in Attachment setting
this is for native phpbb thumbnails - see above

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:26 am

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 am

Hi ostridm,
That looks awesome. Wow. When I clicked on cluster, it showed all hidden pictures - amazing.
ostridm wrote:attachments are quite simple - all attachment related things are managed by the board not by mod. So here it utilize the power of phpBB engine. Opposite to this the post marker editor is built-in to board posting editor form. It will take too much work to provide functionality for multiple in place markers editing inside board post form. Now i see the only way with standalone editor which may be opened from the viewtopic script by the special link bound to the post to create new marker for the post. But I do not see the good idea how to manage (delete/edit) extra markers without map opening just in viewtopic script.
It seems to be more complex than I thought. I though it will be possible to only add link "Add another POI", it opens the same post marker editor as we already use, and give to the new POI unique ID.
Wouldn't be possible to add to the post some kind of new invisible BBCode (or textareas) - something like

Code: Select all

[mapmarker=45.0,179.0]Title|Description[/mapmarker]
, so it will be editable for editing by post authors and moderators and will contains all information of the map marker.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 am

fullscreen feature demo http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?m=-1&pr=4

HTML5 full screen API for modern browsers, no page refresh, fall back to stub (full screen layout page) for outdated browsers

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 pm

please repeat ;)

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 am

screenshots

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 pm

ostridm,
When you are on Google map and there are two attachment photos on the same location (Moskva on your map) it will not show their balloons even if you are in max. zoom.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”