Super Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
12%
Good
12%
Fair
4%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 253

BiG_NoBoDy

Post by BiG_NoBoDy »

Abaweet69 wrote: I installed it, but when i got to my admin board, and select "Yes" where it says " Allow Quick Reply ", and press submit,
It will say it's changes are updated, but it still says 'No' and the quick reply still isn't visible.

any ideas?
the same for e, maby SQL?
Fast4U

Post by Fast4U »

Is this mod works on 2.0.11 properly ? I download the mod but i couldn't see a readme file or anything that tells how to install and run the mod. Can anyone help pls ?
KingOfChaos

Post by KingOfChaos »

I am getting the following error. Anyone know what this means?

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_users.php] could not find:

SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $aim) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowavatar = $user_allowavatar, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_allow_pm = $user_allowpm, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popuppm, user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_active = $user_status, user_rank = $user_rank" . $avatar_sql . " 
I am not sure, but I don't think this mod is compatible with 2.0.11.
Shawn Muder
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

If someone is intresting of a fiSubSilver version of the template file. So here it is: http://phpbb.mtb-o.net/stuff/Super%20Qu ... kreply.tpl

If you find a "bug" in it, inform me.
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

I did found a bug in view_topic.php:

This row:

if ($board_config['allow_quickreply'] && $userdata['user_quickreply'] && $is_auth['auth_reply'] && ($forum_topic_data['forum_status'] != FORUM_LOCKED) && ($forum_topic_data['topic_status'] != TOPIC_LOCKED) )
Anonymous users cannot use the Quick Reply ... but a quick fix is it to remove code

$userdata['user_quickreply'] &&
and remove possibility for users to choose ON/Off.
Domix

Post by Domix »

I instalated [2.0.10] Super Quick Reply and all is OK.. but i have instalated MOD for PRINTER and It not work .....
Hy.
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Einstein wrote: I did found a bug in view_topic.php:

Here comes a fix for the author. This bug ONLY appear if anonymous users are able to reply. There is no need to change code if you have it disabled.

Find this SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_quickreply=0 WHERE user_id=-1;
Replace with

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_quickreply=1 WHERE user_id=-1;
Find this

if ($config_name == 'cookie_name')
		{
			$cookie_name = str_replace('.', '_', $new['cookie_name']);
		}
Add after

if ($config_name == 'allow_quickreply')
		{
			$sqlQR = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET user_quickreply=" . intval($new[$config_name]) . " WHERE user_id=-1";
			if( !$db->sql_query($sqlQR) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Failed to update anonymous settings for $config_name", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sqlQR);
			}
		}
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Einstein wrote: If someone is intresting of a fiSubSilver version of the template file. So here it is: http://phpbb.mtb-o.net/stuff/Super%20Qu ... kreply.tpl

A follow-up for fiSubsilver style fans. These won't work on the standard subSilver style without modification. Here is a screenshot of my second version: http://phpbb.mtb-o.net/stuff/Super%20Qu ... kReply.png
Note, that the "Tunnus" (means user) box only appear for anonymous users.

And the template file. Remember to rename file to viewtopic_quickreply_2.tpl and move the tags in file viewtopic_body.tpl:
http://phpbb.mtb-o.net/stuff/Super%20Qu ... eply_2.tpl

On both templates there are a warning text that can easily be removed with some basic HTML knowledge. And in this second theres a finnish language string hardcoded, "Tunnus" should be replaced by "User".

Hope you like this second, I took me around two hours to get it ready. And if you get it HTML validated (there's one error) please post a new version to me.
warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Any ideas on this one?
warnmar10 wrote: I think I read every post but...

I installed into 2.0.10. Using subSilver theme.

Emoticons will not work from the quick reply frame.
If you click on View more emoticons, you are able to click on a smile and it will insert itself into the quick reply.
I noticed too if you hover the mouse over a smile in the quick reply frame the following will appear in the status bar, javascript:emoticon(':SMILE_NAME:')
But when you click it, it does nothing.

Any suggestions on where I went wrong or how to fix?

Thank you.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

You didn't do anything wrong. The emoticons don't work in the Quick Reply frame on my 2.0.11 board either. Hopefully the MOD developer will be able to fix this someday. My members who use the Quick Reply option don't seem too concerned about it though, so I haven't lost any sleep over it...

:lol:
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

warnmar10 wrote: Any ideas on this one?

What browser do you use? Have you tested with some other? Are other buttons working correctly?

This is not a phpBB version issue .. it's pure HTML, Javascript, Brower problem.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Since the emoticons don't work on my board either in the SQR form, I can supply some information. I use Opera 7.54. My members tend to use Firebox, Netscape, and Mozilla for the most part and the SQR emoticons dosn't work for them either. The emoticons do work perfectly in the Compose window though so this doesn't seem to be a browser specific problem. All other buttons work perfectly...

My current Java version is 1.4.2_04...

:roll:
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

You can compare the HTML and Javascript code between the viewtopic_body.tpl and viewtopic_quickreply.tpl (file names should be something like that). These files are different but look much the same. Look specially for the row with "function emoticon" and the rows where the textbox is defined, search for "textarea".
NightriderXP wrote: The emoticons do work perfectly in the Compose window though so this doesn't seem to be a browser specific problem. All other buttons work perfectly...

I suposed that It will work in compose window, otherwise there has been many people complaining about it already here on phpBB. Way I was asking is there is code that browsers "understand" different and the result may don't show up as wanted. At least I know that this mod has on warning in the HTML-Javascript code, that can possible be a problem for different browsers. Anyway if the problem persist for any browser, then some more serious problem.

BTW. Java and Javascript is complitly different things.
Sparsely
I've Been Banned!

Post by Sparsely »

zanejin wrote: Great MOD! Although, it might be better if the Quick Reply form was DHTML Collapsible, to save some space and to get rid of some unneeded scrollbars :D .

lol he said DHTML :roll:
n0obie4life

Post by n0obie4life »

did anyone test dis mod with easymod? Does it work or not? Esp the mysql editing part :) .

EDIT: never mind. read through the whole topic on this mod and found that it works! Lettme pray that it REALLY works...ccause easymod always crashes for me :oops: .

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”