[ABD] DS PayPal Donations MOD - v1.1.9

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Alien_Time

Re: [RC] DS PayPal Donation Page MOD - v1.1.6

Post by Alien_Time » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Dugi,

I just installed this MOD on my live site and it works great! Thank you for this!! Before this I used the Advanced Paypal donation mod and it was giving a lot of trouble as it is an abandoned mod with no updates. Your mod was a saviour!

I just have a question. I received the following email from Paypal urging me to update the IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1. Do I need to make any changes to the MOD for this? Any advise on what I need to do? Here is the copy of that email:
In a bulletin dated the 18th of October, 2011, we announced that we were going to expand the number of IP addresses for http://www.paypal.com to improve our site’s performance, scalability and availability. As part of this transition, we planned to discontinue support for HTTP 1.0 protocol starting the 7th of October, 2013.

We have recently identified that this change may impact the ability of some of our merchants to perform IPN (Instant Payment Notification) post-back validation or PDT (Payment Data Transfer) posts to http://www.paypal.com and ipnpb.paypal.com. This happens when the IPN or PDT scripts use HTTP 1.0 protocol and do not include the “Host: http://www.paypal.com” or “Host: ipnpb.paypal.com” header in the HTTP request.

Additional Details

Starting the 7th of October, 2013, we will require all incoming requests to have a “Host” header which complies with HTTP 1.1 Specifications. This header was not required under HTTP 1.0. IPN and PDT scripts using HTTP 1.0 may start failing with “HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request” errors after the 7th of October, 2013, which will result in IPN messages not being validated successfully, or PDT scripts not being able to retrieve transaction information.

Action Required before the 7th of October, 2013

Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” and “Connection: close” HTTP header in the IPN postback script.

Example with Host as http://www.paypal.com (please make necessary changes if you are using ipnpb.paypal.com):

ASP

Code: Select all

//Set values for the request back 
req.Method="POST"; 
req.Host="'www.paypal.com'"; 
req.ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
Perl

$req=HTTP::Request->new('POST', 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr');
$req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
$req->header(Host=> 'www.paypal.com');
$req->header(Connection=> 'close');
PHP

// post back to PayPal system to validate
$header="POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n";
$header .="Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
$header .="Host: http://www.paypal.com\r\n"; 
$header .="Connection: close\r\n\r\n";
Java

HttpsURLConnection  uc=(HttpsURLConnection) u.openConnection();
uc.setDoOutput(true);
uc.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
uc.setRequestProperty("Host", "www.paypal.com");
uc.setRequestProperty("Connection", "Close");
The PayPal Sandbox has been configured to reject any HTTP requests without the “Host” header with HTTP 400 error. Merchants can use the Sandbox environment to certify the changes to their IPN and PDT scripts.

For more information on PDT and IPN, please refer to http://www.paypal.com/pdt and http://www.paypal.com/ipn. For additional information or questions about this change, please contact PayPal's Merchant Technical Support team via https://www.paypal.com/mts.

Sincerely,
PayPal
Not sure where I need to add the above changes. Can you help me?

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm

+1 please info. :oops:
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Dugi
Name: Dukagjin Surdulli

Post by Dugi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 am

Thank you for informing me about this. I was clueless about this update from Paypal's side. I'll be updating the MOD soon and post an updated version.

Is the MOD actually working anymore? I mean, without this update, is it handling the donations or not? I need to know this in order to know if I should act faster on this issue.
PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 am

Thank you dugi.

Yeah the mod is working at the moment but PayPal says that it won't work from 7th Oct 2013 onwards and will reject all request with "HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request” errors after the 7th of October, 2013

d[esign]Void

Post by d[esign]Void » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:31 am

Hi there,

FIrstly thanks for a great MOD - really useful!

However, I have been running it for a few days now and it's all been fine but it has now suddenly stopped recording the donations? I'm recieving them in PayPal fine, but its just not being recorded in the database and users aren't being added to group automatically...

Any suggestions?

Dugi

Post by Dugi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm

The issue reported by Alien_Time appears to be a simple one to be fixed and repackaging for it doesn't seem worth it, so I'll just explain the steps here and I'll upload an improved version of this MOD pretty soon.

Open: includes/functions_paypal.php

Find:

$header = "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.0\r\n"; 
Replace with:

$header = "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n"; 
That's it!
d[esign]Void wrote:Hi there,

FIrstly thanks for a great MOD - really useful!

However, I have been running it for a few days now and it's all been fine but it has now suddenly stopped recording the donations? I'm recieving them in PayPal fine, but its just not being recorded in the database and users aren't being added to group automatically...

Any suggestions?
What are the recent changes you did to your board? It can't just suddenly stop working like that - something must have been done to your board. Please report back.

d[esign]Void

Post by d[esign]Void » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Absolutely nothing at all! I installed the mod - it was up and running and then it stopped...

The only thing I did was play around with the database value of current total as I turned on the progress bar afetr it had been running for a few days and the current total wasn't correct...

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks Dugi!
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks Dugi for the update for PayPal changes. Cheers!

Dugi

Re: [RC] DS PayPal Donation Page MOD - v1.1.7

Post by Dugi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Alright guys. I have updated the download link, which consists of a few bug fixes and added some new language variables. I've also updated the UMIL version inside the package.

I highly recommend to grab the new version and update it.

Please report bugs.

Loldawg

Post by Loldawg » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Heya,

No bugs to report atm, just a feature question:

Would I be able to allow different groups for diff amounts?
Say $5 will get them "Donors" group
$10 some other
$15 some other
Anything above $15, same as $15

If you think this feature isn't worth it, would you at least explain to me how to add it myself? It would be really helpful!

Thanks for the great mod =)

Dugi

Post by Dugi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Loldawg wrote:Heya,

No bugs to report atm, just a feature question:

Would I be able to allow different groups for diff amounts?
Say $5 will get them "Donors" group
$10 some other
$15 some other
Anything above $15, same as $15

If you think this feature isn't worth it, would you at least explain to me how to add it myself? It would be really helpful!

Thanks for the great mod =)
Well, based on one of my previous posts, I declared this MOD as feature frozen. Anyway, I might try to make this feature on my local host and then teach you how to hard code it yourself, but I can't give you an ETA.

Loldawg

Post by Loldawg » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Heya,

Thanks for the fast reply. I think we can make this work under 10-15 minutes, if you'd like to show me some basics of the mod, I'm pretty confident I can make the rest by myself. I'd be happy to add this as a feature and upload that version here, in case people want it, they can get it.

Hit me up at pbeocanin[at]gmail[dot]com if you wanna co-op.

Thanks!

Loldawg

Re: [RC] DS PayPal Donations MOD - v1.1.7

Post by Loldawg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm

So after 3 days looking at the code I can't figure it out. I'm happy to pay you to make this work for me, so poke me at the e-mail listed in the post above and we can talk.

Thanks

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [RC] DS PayPal Donations MOD - v1.1.7

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 am

You would have to modify this $donate->promote_donor($paypal_uid); within donate/handler.php passing the $mc_gross variable to the function promote_donor found in includes/functions_paypal.php

public function promote_donor($user_id)
then running a few if/elseif statements comparing to the mc_gross variable to determine which group id to place the user into.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”