[2.0.11] Auto Lock MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
43%
Very Good
29%
Good
14%
Fair
No votes
Poor
14%

Total votes: 7

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.11] Auto Lock MOD

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Auto Lock MOD
Author: Sune Trudslev
MOD Description: Adds auto locking ability to your forum. Pick a number of days of inactivity per forum and the topics will be automatically locked.

MOD Version: 1.0.0

Download File: auto-lock-1.0.0em.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 4751 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
With this MOD, admin can set a time so that inactive topics will be locked automatically.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

Thank you.

A basic manual is available here.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Per forum basis? o.o Sweet! I have to install this.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

I just installed it. Piece of cake, so to speak.

Question: If you do not enable Auto-Locking in Configuration, it doesn't matter whether or not you enable it in Management as it will not function, right? I assume that this is the case because, if not, I see no point in having that on/off function in Configuration.

The MOD seems to be working fine on my forum.
@ The Infinity Program.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Perhaps a feature can be added to exclude particular topic(s) from being auto-locked? I have a sticky on the forum where I've enabled auto-lock that I do not want to be locked.
@ The Infinity Program.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

Like pruning, stickys and announcements will not be locked.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

onigumo wrote: Question: If you do not enable Auto-Locking in Configuration, it doesn't matter whether or not you enable it in Management as it will not function, right? I assume that this is the case because, if not, I see no point in having that on/off function in Configuration.

Correct. The idea behind having the on/off in the configuration, is you can set it up for your entire board, and then enable it when you are happy with the setup.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Sune Trudslev wrote: Like pruning, stickys and announcements will not be locked.

Great! :)
Sune Trudslev wrote: Correct. The idea behind having the on/off in the configuration, is you can set it up for your entire board, and then enable it when you are happy with the setup.

Just to confirm -- enabling Auto-Locking in Configuration will NOT make it so that the topics in ALL forums will be Auto-Locked. It just means that, when turned on and when enabling it in the forums you want, it will function. Otherwise, if you have it turned off in Configuration, if you enable it in the forums you want, it won't function.
@ The Infinity Program.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Another question -- did you even post your MOD here when it was in BETA development? If not, where did you post it as you were developing it? Or is it that you developed this MOD privately or with a few select individuals?
@ The Infinity Program.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

onigumo wrote: Just to confirm -- enabling Auto-Locking in Configuration will NOT make it so that the topics in ALL forums will be Auto-Locked.

Correct. It will not auto-lock in all forums, it will merely turn on auto-locking in forums that have it turned on.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

onigumo wrote: Another question -- did you even post your MOD here when it was in BETA development? If not, where did you post it as you were developing it? Or is it that you developed this MOD privately or with a few select individuals?

This was such a simple MOD that I didn't feel a need to post it for beta testing. It was developed privately, tested by me, and then submitted to the MOD database.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Thank you for answering my questions and creating such a great MOD.
@ The Infinity Program.

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Sune Trudslev wrote:
onigumo wrote:Another question -- did you even post your MOD here when it was in BETA development? If not, where did you post it as you were developing it? Or is it that you developed this MOD privately or with a few select individuals?

This was such a simple MOD that I didn't feel a need to post it for beta testing. It was developed privately, tested by me, and then submitted to the MOD database.

Do you have any future plans in terms of new MODs?

I'd ask you via PM, but I lost that priviledge due to my advertising my forum via PM.
@ The Infinity Program.

Sune Trudslev

Post by Sune Trudslev »

onigumo wrote:
Sune Trudslev wrote:
onigumo wrote:Another question -- did you even post your MOD here when it was in BETA development? If not, where did you post it as you were developing it? Or is it that you developed this MOD privately or with a few select individuals?

Do you have any future plans in terms of new MODs?

Just whatever I need for my own forum that I feel is worth sharing. ;-)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”