[BETA] Account Links

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
new777

Re: [BETA] Account Links

Post by new777 »

Hi, ok so far with the given admin permission it works, but ONLY when switching within the MCP.
The dropdown still gives the same error, when wanting to go back from user to admin

Admin to user does work with the dropdown
kiriska

Post by kiriska »

Okay, so.

I want to admin to be able to unlink user accounts from the ACP. E.g. when administrating a specific user, I want to be able to see the user's list of linked accounts and, if it's a primary account, to be able to unlink specific accounts, or if it's not a primary account, to just unlink it from its primary.

I'm mostly looking for a starting place as far as what files to start modifying, so if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be super great. If you can give specific code sniplets to work from, that'd be even better! XD
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

new777 wrote:Hi, ok so far with the given admin permission it works, but ONLY when switching within the MCP.
The dropdown still gives the same error, when wanting to go back from user to admin

Admin to user does work with the dropdown
The drop down uses the UCP module to do its business. If you do not want users to see it, however, try setting it to not display.

ACP / System / User Control Panel / <where ever you put and named the UCP module>
Click the green gear to the right of Manage
Set "Module displayed" to No
kiriska wrote:Okay, so.

I want to admin to be able to unlink user accounts from the ACP. E.g. when administrating a specific user, I want to be able to see the user's list of linked accounts and, if it's a primary account, to be able to unlink specific accounts, or if it's not a primary account, to just unlink it from its primary.

I'm mostly looking for a starting place as far as what files to start modifying, so if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be super great. If you can give specific code sniplets to work from, that'd be even better! XD
This was something I had intended to do a long time ago, but the project pretty much got away from me for quite some time. I don't think it's as simple as just a few edits, else I'd have it in the MCP under Moderate Linked Accounts. I'll try to take a look in the next little bit, but time has been a rare commodity of late.
new777

Post by new777 »

Drakkim wrote:The drop down uses the UCP module to do its business. If you do not want users to see it, however, try setting it to not display.

ACP / System / User Control Panel / <where ever you put and named the UCP module>
Click the green gear to the right of Manage
Set "Module displayed" to No
WOW, that is funny. This is all I wanted from the start to hide the UCP and MCP tab part from the standard users/moderators and such, so they would not be tempted to created multiply usernames, which they don't need.
Now all works perfect, incl the dropdown, no matter what type of account is linked.

Only need to sometimes set them back to visible to add or delete an account and then back to invisible.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Just to get this right. My linked accounts take same forum permissions as my Founder account? Not that I mind just making sure this is normal behavior.
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

No. When you switch accounts, the mod logs one account out and the other in.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

So no it's not normal that regular user ( my linked account ), when switched, can see private forums that only I as Founder can view? Because that is what happens on my test board and so my question was if that was normal behavior of the MOD.
Delilah45

Post by Delilah45 »

Hey,
I installed this mod on my site, but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed all the steps except for the SQL one, which I'm not sure about. Where am I supposed to put the SQL code? In each of the files I'm copying? When I click 'enable' on the Module Management, it goes to a blank screen.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Ozo wrote:So no it's not normal that regular user ( my linked account ), when switched, can see private forums that only I as Founder can view? Because that is what happens on my test board and so my question was if that was normal behavior of the MOD.
It's not normal behavior. I don't have this issue though. When I switch to a regular member's account, I cannot see the forums that only my founder account can see
Delilah45 wrote:Hey,
I installed this mod on my site, but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed all the steps except for the SQL one, which I'm not sure about. Where am I supposed to put the SQL code? In each of the files I'm copying? When I click 'enable' on the Module Management, it goes to a blank screen.
You need to run the SQL code in phpMyAdmin
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Jessica wrote:
Ozo wrote:So no it's not normal that regular user ( my linked account ), when switched, can see private forums that only I as Founder can view? Because that is what happens on my test board and so my question was if that was normal behavior of the MOD.
It's not normal behavior. I don't have this issue though. When I switch to a regular member's account, I cannot see the forums that only my founder account can see
Delilah45 wrote:Hey,
You need to run the SQL code in phpMyAdmin
Thanks Jessica. Good to see you're still using my mod as well ;-)

You are absolutely right, that is not normal behavior. When you switch accounts, the old account is logged out and the new one logged in, just as if you had clicked log out and typed the new account's info in by hand. I would first make it's not a browser issue by logging into your Founder account and switching to the "slave" account, then going into one of those forums. Check the username you are logged in as on the new page. There have been known to be some cookie problems that had strange effects on this mod, leaving the original account logged in.

If you are in the forbidden forum and it shows the "slave" account, I'd make sure that the "slave" account does not normally have this access by logging in manually.

Note also, if you have a forum that is not accessible without certain permissions and child forums that have normal permissions, those child forums are invisible, but are accessible if directly accessed. In this case, it would be normal for you to switch users while in one of these child forums and keep access to them. You would not be able to navigate the site to these "hidden forums" but nothing in phpBB's permissions will keep you from reading them.

Good luck and let me know what the verdict is!
LCRyan

Post by LCRyan »

I know this is sort of a necro mod at this point, but it is so precisely what I need that I was hoping to beg for a little guidance. The mod works well and as intended, however, I also use FlashChat for the whole RP thing, because nerding in real time is a good thing. To that end, linked accounts display as their master account on FlashChat.

For example, if I was "LCRyan" on my sot of main but I play the character "Steve," I can only get it to display the name "LCRyan" even if logging into the linked chat via "Steve." I understand this is a matter of disparate parts not getting along, but I was hoping someone could tell me something at least.

With great appreciation for the mod,

LC Ryan
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

If you can point me to your source for FlashChat, I can certainly look at it. If it integrates with phpBB's sessions, then there shouldn't be much (if anything) to fix. Send me a PM woth that info if you want and I'll see what I can do. Don't expect too much hurry, though... I'm working 30 to 50 hours a week at the moment, so time is a luxury.
Anise1976

Post by Anise1976 »

Frustration, here I come! I've uploaded the files, run the SQL query, and still can't see any options in the UCP for linking and administering accounts. I'm getting no errors at all.

I'm running 3.0.12, with only one other mod on it - can someone please help?!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Anise1976 wrote:Frustration, here I come! I've uploaded the files, run the SQL query, and still can't see any options in the UCP for linking and administering accounts. I'm getting no errors at all.

I'm running 3.0.12, with only one other mod on it - can someone please help?!
At the tail end of the installer, there's some DIY Instructions:
install.xml wrote:If you want users to be able to create accounts with the same email address:
1. Go into the Admin Panel
2. Click "User registration settings" on the left
3. Scroll down to "Allow e-mail address re-use:" and set it to yes

Install the UCP Module
1. Go into the Admin Panel
2. Click the "System" tab
3. Under "Module Management" click "User Control Panel"
4. In the bottom right, there's a drop down with an "Add Module" button... Select "Manage Linked Accounts"
5. Click "Add Module"
6. Click "Yes"
7. Click "Back to previous page"
8. Find the module in the list and click "Enable" next to it

Install the MCP Modules:
Follow the same instrictions, except "User Control Panel" is "Moderator Control Panel" and "Manage Linked Accounts" or "Moderate Linked Accounts"
Anise1976

Post by Anise1976 »

Thank you!! I actually had an epiphany when I went to bed last night and figured the main reason it wasn't working, so having you help with the last bit is brilliant. Thank you so much.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”