[2.0.13] Change forum banner

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
47%
Very Good
31%
Good
6%
Fair
8%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 36

MarioKnight

Post by MarioKnight »

Just letting everyone know that I've gone over the problem with him via AIM, and after two or so hours, the problem was that he never uploaded the updated page_header.php file from his computer to his server, so the banner and banner_path rows weren't getting passed from the database to the viewable pages themselves. Now it's working perfectly fine for him. If anyone else had any problems, let me know via here or however else and I'll do my best to get things working.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
My mods: Change forum banner
viscousrealtime4

Post by viscousrealtime4 »

No banners appear above the change banner button although there are 2 image files in the /forums/admin/mods/bannermod/images/banners/ folder. Can anybody help?
bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

Interesting and easy way to change, going to check this out....
nedostizni

Post by nedostizni »

hm assume that this mode is only for those users wich had been using the standard banners - i have edited my completly banner to the max width and height, you can check it out here:

www.issworld.tk

So my question is can i change my banner?
MarioKnight

Post by MarioKnight »

Your site can't be found for some reason, but it seems to me that you won't have a problem. My forums have banners of different sizes than the phpBB ones, and the way that my MOD (and phpBB by default) is setup is that the img tag of the banner has no witdh or height set, so I think you should be able to use this MOD with no problems whatsoever.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

hi, don't mean to sound stupid but don't know anything about SQL

reading the MOD there is an SQL that has to be inserted? where do I do that? i don't know how to do it.
viscousrealtime4

Post by viscousrealtime4 »

gypsie wrote: hi, don't mean to sound stupid but don't know anything about SQL

reading the MOD there is an SQL that has to be inserted? where do I do that? i don't know how to do it.

Download easymod and it does it automatically for you. It's much easier. It is in the mod database.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

viscousrealtime4 wrote:
gypsie wrote:hi, don't mean to sound stupid but don't know anything about SQL

Download easymod and it does it automatically for you. It's much easier. It is in the mod database.

thank you
nedostizni

Post by nedostizni »

Your site can't be found for some reason, but it seems to me that you won't have a problem. My forums have banners of different sizes than the phpBB ones, and the way that my MOD (and phpBB by default) is setup is that the img tag of the banner has no witdh or height set, so I think you should be able to use this MOD with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for the answer but i prefer to first take a look at my header. The site is working now:

http://www.issworld.tk

So, can you answer to me now:
hm assume that this mode is only for those users wich had been using the standard banners - i have edited my completly banner to the max width and height, you can check it out here:

www.issworld.tk

So my question is can i change my banner?

Thanks.
MarioKnight

Post by MarioKnight »

For some reason, my browsers still can't find your server, or else I'd gladly assist you. Could you possibly make a screencap or something of the sort I can see it and help you from there?
Labergangster

Post by Labergangster »

I installed the Mod with easymod, which worked perfectly fine (I double-checked all the changes manually). In the configuration board, the new config-options are shown and I can change the Banner with one problem: It doesn't show the image! If I change the banner, I only have two checkbxes (because I have 2 pictures in the folder), but it doesn't show them. If I know change the banner, it puts the new banner in the database, but it doesn't show the Banner in the Forum.

What did I do wrong?
Dante79

Post by Dante79 »

I had this same problem, try this: in the configuration section of the admin panel, go to the section that was added for the change banner mod. In the banner path add a \ after banners so it should look like

Code: Select all

images\banners\
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

the mod works fine now thanks! just another question i want the banner to be placed before the forum name and description and to have the width same size as the forum how do i do that??
royboertien

Post by royboertien »

This is a very good MOD,
To what I have experienced, is that your only *.gif can use files. But now my question is. It is possible for also .swf flash can use files as a logo/banner. If so, which files there I can adapt for. I have phpbb 2.0.11.

Already permanently thanks
Labergangster

Post by Labergangster »

I added a /, but it doesn't show the banners, just empty tables cells and the checkboxes.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”