Hit counter mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Hit counter mod

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:56 am

is there a mod for displaying total hit counter or rather the number of visitors who have ever visited your site ?

i want to have it displayed on footer or header...
[size=100]RASTAFARIAN LOVE, Lovers For All Justice, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE ![/size]

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Hit counter mod

Post by Brf » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:02 am

Go to google
Type in "hit counter"
Put the code on your overall_footer.html

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:20 am

hit counters went out back in the 90's with blinking text etc.
http://www.ivycat.com/2013/06/7-signs-t ... n-the-90s/
note #6

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Oh crap #1 #2 #3 applies to me guess i'm in the 90's still :lol:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 pm

most site builders have made the hit counter and other mods [like members statistics] not to display on index page but instead in admin panel especially on footer.
[size=100]RASTAFARIAN LOVE, Lovers For All Justice, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE ![/size]

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

The vast majority of hosts have this information (and more) in your hosting control panel.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

PolRas wrote:most site builders have made the hit counter and other mods [like members statistics] not to display on index page but instead in admin panel especially on footer.
no, most site builders today simply check the stats from their hosting control panel or some other software that does it for them.

a "hit counter" is pretty much useless for accurate statistics anyway.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Kevin Clark wrote:The vast majority of hosts have this information (and more) in your hosting control panel.
the reason i rejected those c-panel software is that they are too fake and you don't get the right thing you want

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:04 pm

You obviously haven't looked at them very well then. They provide huge amounts of information about the pages visited, number of unique visits, hits, bandwidth, referrals, most commonly visited pages, hours, day and month visiting stats, OS and browsers of your users and more.

A counter, like you want, will tell you how many times the file that has that code in it has been loaded.

One of those is more accurate and useful than the other. Have a guess which it is.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Kevin Clark wrote: A counter, like you want, will tell you how many times the file that has that code in it has been loaded.
this is exactly what i want.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:15 pm

It's highly inaccurate.

For instance, if you put it in the footer, that file is loaded on every single page. When you go to the index, you log in, the redirection page and then the reload back to the index. That will show as 4 visits when in fact you've only made one visit.

Which is the fake result now?
Cheap UK Hosting

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 pm

some programmers who make best hit counter are very wise.They base their hit counter on ip address i think.Once you open the page the hit counter wont change the counting for the next 24 hr based on that IP address.What am i trying to say.....

Suppose my ip address is xx.xx.xx,when i first open any page in that site am counted.When i log out and log inn again after few hours with ip xx.xx.xx i wont get counted,but i get a count if i come after 24hr.

programmers who base their counters on page load make a lot of mistake for if i stay in that site and open 29 pages i get counted 29 times that is wrong.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

But not counting you visiting the site more than once in a day is inaccurate as well.

If that's the sort of counter you want, you need to ask that coder who makes it how you add it to your site.
Cheap UK Hosting

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:45 pm

the best hit counter would always count members once every 24 hrs no matter how many times you log in and out.
Right now am testing one of the top fake mod that is counting every page i open....its behaving as you said....I must delete it.i have tried reaching the author for the last 3 days but seems he is asleep.

i might give you password and username of a certain board and you wont see it count pages as you open different areas.let 24 hrs pass.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 pm

PolRas wrote:the best hit counter would always count members once every 24 hrs no matter how many times you log in and out.
In your opinion.
PolRas wrote:i might give you password and username of a certain board and you wont see it count pages as you open different areas.let 24 hrs pass.
No don't bother.
Cheap UK Hosting

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”