Free mods vs paid mods in 2014

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
5hocK

Re: Free mods vs paid mods in 2014

Post by 5hocK » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Brf wrote:Once again, you are mistaking your role in this board. You are a customer of phpBB. You are not a "member".
The customers of a business have no say in that business's rules.
I'm in the members list and in the group called Registered users. On the About page, I'm called a User.
In the Registration agreement I signed I am also called a user
As a user you agree to any information .....
and in the rules I'm called a member
.....to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members ....
Not much use of the word customer anywhere in anything official.

Polras - You haven't got time for this topic
PolRas wrote:am working around the clock and you might see my...
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2215346#p13486216 :mrgreen:
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Forum rules 1; b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,l

all start with the title ''members''....and not customers.
[size=100]RASTAFARIAN LOVE, Lovers For All Justice, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE ![/size]

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

members, customers, users, whatever the term, we do not have any say in the rules here.
we do not have any say in how the staff decides to handle things here.

we all have the right to voice our opinions but it is not a democracy here. the staff gets to decide these types of things and we do not have a say in those decisions at all.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

5hocK

Post by 5hocK » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:members, customers, users, whatever the term, we do not have any say in the rules here.

we all have the right to voice our opinions but it is not a democracy here. the staff gets to decide these types of things and we do not have a say in those decisions at all.
Never in any dispute - same for the other topic (that got locked) where people wrongly thought I was missing the point (get that in before this topic gets locked too)
This is a heap of manure topic, but now and then people come up with a good idea/see an area of concern etc and if a member of staff picks it up then it may get acted upon.
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:45 pm

5hocK wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:members, customers, users, whatever the term, we do not have any say in the rules here.

Never in any dispute - same for the other topic (that got locked) where people wrongly thought I was missing the point (get that in before this topic gets locked too)
This is a heap of manure topic, but now and then people come up with a good idea/see an area of concern etc and if a member of staff picks it up then it may get acted upon.
that could certainly happen. it is just this one poster's attitude of thinking he knows how it should be done and almost insists that everyone do things they way he thinks.

robert

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:57 pm

PolRas wrote:Forum rules 1; b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,l

all start with the title ''members''....and not customers.
Of course they do.
They are about being a member of this support forum. That is nothing to do with being an owner or user of your own phpBB board. In that respect, on here, asking for assistance, you are a customer.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
5hocK wrote:

that could certainly happen. it is just this one poster's attitude of thinking he knows how it should be done and almost insists that everyone do things they way he thinks.

robert

While this may be a little off-topic, there is the phpbb.com website feedback tread: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2103285 where people users can put their ideas in (once I asked if we could have the area51 logins tie in with the main community login, so that we only need to log in once. That got turned down as it would make it more complex than needed)
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 am

What are you talking about? It does not matter if we are customers, members, users or whatever. If company does not hear to customers and innovate, it will die sooner or later. So please continue telling members / customers / users that they have no right to comment rules and suggest improvements and phpbb will not exist in few years.

To topic: I suggested to create page for advertising payed MOD / Style authors and advertising payed MODs / Styles. It was not approved, even when many major open source projects did this a long time ago.

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 am

Kamahl19 wrote:What are you talking about? It does not matter if we are customers, members, users or whatever. If company does not hear to customers and innovate, it will die sooner or later. So please continue telling members / customers / users that they have no right to comment rules and suggest improvements and phpbb will not exist in few years.
Are you saying that you want phpBB to die or the team to not listen to feedback?
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 am

Kamahl19 wrote:What are you talking about? It does not matter if we are customers, members, users or whatever. If company does not hear to customers and innovate, it will die sooner or later. So please continue telling members / customers / users that they have no right to comment rules and suggest improvements and phpbb will not exist in few years.

To topic: I suggested to create page for advertising payed MOD / Style authors and advertising payed MODs / Styles. It was not approved, even when many major open source projects did this a long time ago.
what are you talking about? nobody has said that people could not comment about anything or suggest changes.

what has been said is that just because someone thinks something should be done a certain way does not mean that the staff here has to do it that way.

It doesn't matter if one or one thousand people feel the same way, the rules won't be changed unless the staff feels it is the right thing to do.

Just because other software companies do things a certain way has nothing to do with how phpbb decides to do things.

people have made comments like yours before, but guess what, phpbb is still here, it is still the most used bulletin board software in the world. what does that tell you?

roberrt

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am

that is very true.the success of leading companies really depends on listening to its customers/members.
do you see !!...how are we going to motivate our modders then...??
its a good idea to start such a page.
[size=100]RASTAFARIAN LOVE, Lovers For All Justice, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE ![/size]

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm

You are perfectly free to start a site where modders can post MODs for pay, wholly or partially. Have at it.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”