If your browser does not support meta redirection

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
prashu

Re: If your browser does not support meta redirection

Post by prashu » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Sir, another issue,now , when logging in the ACP , I get to a page which says"The system cannot find the file specified. ",

this error also occurs when i try to delete a user or member. can you please assist.

thanks

Kind Regards

Prashu

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:08 am

First backup, then replace /includes/session.php and /includes/functions.php with these files:
functions.php
(137.78 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
session.php
(76.77 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Again: this does not cure the problem, but it helps me tracing the weirdness of your Windows server (note to others who are reading this topic: redirecting after successfully logging in to the ACP renders this:)

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=http://www.qcmhl.com.au/../X:/xxxxxxx/xxXXXXXX/adm/index.php" />
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

prashu

Post by prashu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 am

hi,
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file E:/inetpub/vs188105/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:/inetpub/vs188105/includes/session.php:49)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file E:/inetpub/vs188105/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:/inetpub/vs188105/includes/session.php:49)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file E:/inetpub/vs188105/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:/inetpub/vs188105/includes/session.php:49)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file E:/inetpub/vs188105/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:/inetpub/vs188105/includes/session.php:49)
this is the error i get when accessing the delete user in the ACP.

Thanks

Kind Regards
Prashu

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 am

Might not be the only place where you get PHP warnings. However, it looks like you're not using my files (anymore), so I don't have debug messages to analyze, which makes it impossible to me to help you any further. Replace the files (again) and just live with those PHP warnings for about 24h - basically your site will still fully work. As a last resort you could PM me your FTP account, but I'm quite sure you don't want to hand out such important information...
Affin wrote:
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.

prashu

Post by prashu » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 am

HI Mate,

I needed to show a working forum to my seniors today hence I could not keep the error file on. I will replace the file today evening and you can check tomorrow or today evening for further debugging.

Yes you are right , my forum works perfectly fine , thanks to you. but when I trying to delete a member or click on ACP, I get that error.

thanks for your time and efforts , I really appreciate it

Kindest Regards
Prashu

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 am

prashu wrote:today evening
My time zone is CET +0100 - what's yours? I mean: keep in mind that this board is full of users from all over the world and words like "today" or "evening" are relative and thus almost worthless. ;)
Affin wrote:

Lonewolf147
Name: Scott

Post by Lonewolf147 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Amigo,
Good info in this thread, but my problem is a little different. All the browsers I have DO support meta redirection. I run my board (3.0.12) on a windows server. I use Webmatrix on a Windows 7 64bit machine. Occasionally, a user will be taken to the page that displays the "If your browser does not support..." message. If you wait, sometimes almost a full minute, you will be automatically redirected to the board index. This only ever happens when either logging on for the first time in a while, clicking on a 'Board Index' link or when restarting your browser and having this saved paged reload.

I tried your little work around in the previous post, but that didn't do any good for me.

I did some more digging around online and in my php files. What I found for me, specifically because of the Windows Server I'm using, it to remove (or just comment out) some code in the functions.php file.

Hopefully this will be able to help someone else too.

My system configuration is:
  • PHPBB Version 3.0.12
  • Webmatrix Version 3.0 (7.1.1932.0), IIS Express Version 8.0.8418.0
  • Windows 7 Professional, Ver 6.1 Build 7601 SP1
  • SERVER_SOFTWARE variable Microsoft-IIS/8.0
in Functions.php find:

Code: Select all

if (@preg_match('#Microsoft|WebSTAR|Xitami#', getenv('SERVER_SOFTWARE')))
	{
		header('Refresh: 0; URL=' . $url);

echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">';
		echo '<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="' . $user->lang['DIRECTION'] . '" lang="' . $user->lang['USER_LANG'] . '" xml:lang="' . $user->lang['USER_LANG'] . '">';
		echo '<head>';
		echo '<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />';
		echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=' . str_replace('&', '&', $url) . '" />';
		echo '<title>' . $user->lang['REDIRECT'] . '</title>';
		echo '</head>';
		echo '<body>';
		echo '<div style="text-align: center;">' . sprintf($user->lang['URL_REDIRECT'], '<a href="' . str_replace('&', '&', $url) . '">', '</a>') . '</div>';
		echo '</body>';
		echo '</html>';

exit;
	}
Either remove or just comment out this code.

After I did that, I never saw that redirect message again and load/refresh times are significantly reduced.
Last edited by Lonewolf147 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Please list your exact
  1. PHP version (phpBB > ACP > General > Quick access > PHP information), i.e. "5.4.23")
  2. HTTP server (WebMatrix) version
  3. operating system version + product suite: hit WIN+PAUSE to see what's listed under "Windows edition" (i.e. "Ultimate"); then from the menu select "Help" > "About Windows" to see the version (i.e. "6.1 (Build 7600)")
  4. content of the SERVER_SOFTWARE environment variable (phpBB > ACP > General > Quick access > PHP information, then search for that text)
This should help future versions of phpBB to not falsely use the workaround and someone might be able to check if WebMatrix is an exception or just specific versions of it now act correctly.
Affin wrote:

Lonewolf147
Name: Scott

Post by Lonewolf147 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm

I edited my previous post.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:05 am

Created improvement ticket PHPBB3-12101.
Affin wrote:

TraXy

Post by TraXy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:10 am

Thanks for this, Lonewolf147. Kept on getting the redirection message ever since we switched to a Win server back in March and it was getting really annoying. Now the message is gone! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”