What do you guys think? ....how do I change the font color?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
vaghar123@gmail.com

What do you guys think? ....how do I change the font color?

Post by vaghar123@gmail.com »

Hi guys here my website,

http://www.astronomertalk.com

First off, do you have an suggestions about it, does it look good, bad etc.?

I also want to change the font color of "whos online" and the rest of the stuff at the bottom of the page, partly because its pretty hard to read against the background. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, my logo isnt responsive and I wanted to know if thats possible?

sorry if I sound like a noob, im not great with editing code etc. :geek:

Thank you,
JB :)
vaghar123@gmail.com

Re: What do you guys think? ....how do I change the font col

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.12
What is your board's URL? http://www.astronomertalk.com
Who do you host your board with? GoDaddy
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? No answer given
What language(s) is your board currently using? No answer given
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? No answer given
Please describe your problem. Hi Folks,

I have three problems.

#1) my header is not responsive, unlike all of the other parts of my website. i.e. when I shrink the page, the whole thing adjusts, but the header just stays out wide. Does anybody know how to fix this?

#2) I set a custom background, but now some of the writing is hard to read. Specifically at the bottom the whos online text, i would like to change to a light blue, and the text "in total there 2 users online etc." I would like to change from grey to white. Can anyone help me where to find it in the custom ccs.

#3) Ok, this one is a bit lengthy, I tried installing multiple language packs, but they dont seem to work. First I downloaded them to my mac, they were already unzipped, so I was all good there. Then I downloaded firzilla and connected it to my account. I then dragged the folder (which has subfolders /languages and /styles) into under public.html/languages and dropped it there. I went onto my ACP and went to system and then to launuage packs, and they didn't show up. I did them one at a time, and not even one showed up. I then tried again with only one, and it didnt show up. I even tried to purge the cash, still nothing. does it sounds like im doing anything wrong?

Thank you so much,
JB
Generated by SRT Generator
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

What exactly did you upload to your language folder? It should only have been the pack file in the language folder, with its subfolders, not the whole folder that gets created by your unzip program. Also, do not forget the image files that go with each of your styles' imageset.
vaghar123@gmail.com

Brf wrote:What exactly did you upload to your language folder? It should only have been the pack file in the language folder, with its subfolders, not the whole folder that gets created by your unzip program. Also, do not forget the image files that go with each of your styles' imageset.
what is the pack file???

I uplaoded the folder that said American_english_1_3_0
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The British English folder is "en". The American English counterpart is the en_us folder.
vaghar123@gmail.com

Brf wrote:The British English folder is "en". The American English counterpart is the en_us folder.
ohhh!

Thank you so much, I have been trying for hour. lol!

I am a little confused about the icons for the styles, what do i have to do with those?

thanks
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The en_us icons are the same as the en ones. Make a copy of the imageset/en folder in each style and name the copy imageset/en_us. Each other language would have imageset/lang files for your styles.
vaghar123@gmail.com

Brf wrote:The en_us icons are the same as the en ones. Make a copy of the imageset/en folder in each style and name the copy imageset/en_us. Each other language would have imageset/lang files for your styles.
Sorry, im pretty new to this and dont really understand. where should I put the copy?

any chance I could get a more step by step "noob" walkthrough.

Thanks,
JB
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

As I said....
You would make a copy of imageset/en and name it imageset/en_us
You do not need to "put" it anywhere, since it would already be where it belongs.
vaghar123@gmail.com

Brf wrote:As I said....
You would make a copy of imageset/en and name it imageset/en_us
You do not need to "put" it anywhere, since it would already be where it belongs.
The buttons don't seem to appear. I just made my profile into american english and it did not work (the buttons aren't there)... When I installed the languages, I did not touch the style folder, my question is, what should i do with the style folder?

Thanks.
vaghar123@gmail.com

bump.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

my suggestion for the us english is don't bother.

the only difference between the us english pack and the default british english pack is a couple of spellings , like:

colours instead of color etc.

it hardly seems worth the hassle for just those few things.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
vaghar123@gmail.com

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:my suggestion for the us english is don't bother.

the only difference between the us english pack and the default british english pack is a couple of spellings , like:

colours instead of color etc.

it hardly seems worth the hassle for just those few things.

robert
Hi Robert, well actually I have already installed them, so I just want to know where to put the styles folder...

Also, I asked another couple questions up there if anyone knows the answer too. Especially the one about the logo, how can i make that responsive.

Thanks,
JB
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ok,

1. you can't make an image that is 1200 pixels wide be responsive. once you reduce the size of the screen below 1200 pixels wide it will cut off the image as yours does.

either use a different image, or break it up into several images and position them in the headerbar accordingly etc.

2. your background image is so big that it took almost a minute for it to load on my screen. I thought you had removed it because I didn't see it until I went back to the page later.
I would use your graphics program and take a vertical slice of that image and use it and let it repeat itself.

or,

reduce the size down to something more manageable like 1000 pixels wide by whatever.
set it to be in the center of the page and 100% etc.
look up how to do this in google etc.

as for the font color change.

changing the colors for that area is going to be a bit involved. the text in that area uses the css for all the text on the board. if you change it then it would affect most of the text on the board and not just that area.

ok,

language packs.

for these instructions , we will be using the en_us but the same thing applies to whatever languages you want to install.
1. download the zip file
2.unzip it to your computer
3. upload the included language folder, in this case it is en_us, to the language folder of the board.
3.the folder with the images in it goes into the styles/prosilver/imageset/ folder.

in the case of us english, you make a copy of the british english folder named "en" and then rename it to en_us and put it beside the one named en in the imageset folder.

that is it.

then you install the language from the admin panel.

robert
you have to upload the
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
vaghar123@gmail.com

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:ok,

1. you can't make an image that is 1200 pixels wide be responsive. once you reduce the size of the screen below 1200 pixels wide it will cut off the image as yours does.

either use a different image, or break it up into several images and position them in the headerbar accordingly etc.

2. your background image is so big that it took almost a minute for it to load on my screen. I thought you had removed it because I didn't see it until I went back to the page later.
I would use your graphics program and take a vertical slice of that image and use it and let it repeat itself.

or,

reduce the size down to something more manageable like 1000 pixels wide by whatever.
set it to be in the center of the page and 100% etc.
look up how to do this in google etc.

as for the font color change.

changing the colors for that area is going to be a bit involved. the text in that area uses the css for all the text on the board. if you change it then it would affect most of the text on the board and not just that area.

ok,

language packs.

for these instructions , we will be using the en_us but the same thing applies to whatever languages you want to install.
1. download the zip file
2.unzip it to your computer
3. upload the included language folder, in this case it is en_us, to the language folder of the board.
3.the folder with the images in it goes into the styles/prosilver/imageset/ folder.

in the case of us english, you make a copy of the british english folder named "en" and then rename it to en_us and put it beside the one named en in the imageset folder.

that is it.

then you install the language from the admin panel.

robert
you have to upload the
Hi, put in a smaller resolution photo of the pic and it seemed to do the trick. Does it load faster on your computer? Going to try what else you said next.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”