[CDB] [Official Extension] Pages

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [DEV] [Official Extension] Pages

Post by MattF »

Updated the features... Looks like we will be able to support HTML or BBCodes. That is to say, for each page you create you will be able to write its content using BBCodes, and smileys just like when posting...or you can instead use HTML. You just won't be able to combine BBCodes and HTML at the same time in a page.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

VSE wrote:Updated the features... Looks like we will be able to support HTML or BBCodes. That is to say, for each page you create you will be able to write its content using BBCodes, and smileys just like when posting...or you can instead use HTML. You just won't be able to combine BBCodes and HTML at the same time in a page.
The ext overall is awesome news and the above update is great as well!
watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl »

VSE wrote:Updated the features... Looks like we will be able to support HTML or BBCodes. That is to say, for each page you create you will be able to write its content using BBCodes, and smileys just like when posting...or you can instead use HTML. You just won't be able to combine BBCodes and HTML at the same time in a page.
That would be awesome Matt ;)
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations
Mauron

Fatal error

Post by Mauron »

Hi,
despite of the fact that I'm helpless in using this extension (I don't know where is the option to create a page), I just got this error after updating it:
Fatal error: Class phpbb\pages\event\listener contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventSubscriberInterface::getSubscribedEvents) in [directory]\phpBB\ext\phpbb\pages\event\listener.php on line 20
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: Fatal error

Post by PayBas »

Mauron wrote:Hi,
despite of the fact that I'm helpless in using this extension (I don't know where is the option to create a page), I just got this error after updating it:
Fatal error: Class phpbb\pages\event\listener contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventSubscriberInterface::getSubscribedEvents) in [directory]\phpBB\ext\phpbb\pages\event\listener.php on line 20
It's nowhere near finished yet. It's under development. You can't use it yet.
Mauron

Post by Mauron »

Oh.
Sorry for bothering, then.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Until we post about a release version or you see installation instructions pop up here, consider it a WIP not ready for any kind of use/testing yet.
FoFa
Name: Daniel L.

Post by FoFa »

Formly ForumsFaciles :wink:
MattF

Post by MattF »

Please hold off on translations. This extension is about 10% developed, so there's absolutely nothing to translate yet.

Translations should not be made on extensions until they are announced as releases or pre-releases.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Thanks for the warning VSE ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

VSE wrote:
Louis7777 wrote: I have a few questions and proposals as well:

1. Will it be possible to use template and language variables?

2. How about adding a small tutorial for specific .htaccess rewrite rules in the extension's documentation? Like this one: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... /faq/f_323 And you can include a warning there about all the possible conflicts.

3. Will the pages appear at the viewonline?
1. I don't think so.
3. Yes.
Then how about being able to type different "custom page content" for multiple installed languages?

You could do that through each page's management panel.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Louis7777 wrote:1. Will it be possible to use template and language variables?
This will be possible. We are going to be able to support custom template files that you can add to it, to use instead of the template file it ships with. That means you can put anything you want into the template files, including more HTML and phpbb template syntax/variables. You'll be able to assign any template file available to each page you create.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

VSE wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:1. Will it be possible to use template and language variables?
This will be possible. We are going to be able to support custom template files that you can add to it, to use instead of the template file it ships with. That means you can put anything you want into the template files, including more HTML and phpbb template syntax/variables. You'll be able to assign any template file available to each page you create.
Awesome!
noth

Post by noth »

will the extension automatically build an "index page" of the pages created?

with 3.0 static pages that is what happens, as each page is created, the title of the page plus who the author was gets added to a cumulative index - the title of the page as included in the "index page" becomes a link that any user can click on etc

actually with the static pages on my site, the right hand column was filled with my name as only Admins could create a page and I was the only Admin so Author was just filled with my name, should people on the forum "other" than Admins be allowed to create a page in this extension? would it be worth allowing somehow a "trusted" group membership to do the creating or will it strictly be Admins again? :D
MattF

Post by MattF »

noth wrote:will the extension automatically build an "index page" of the pages created?

with 3.0 static pages that is what happens, as each page is created, the title of the page plus who the author was gets added to a cumulative index - the title of the page as included in the "index page" becomes a link that any user can click on etc

actually with the static pages on my site, the right hand column was filled with my name as only Admins could create a page and I was the only Admin so Author was just filled with my name, should people on the forum "other" than Admins be allowed to create a page in this extension? would it be worth allowing somehow a "trusted" group membership to do the creating or will it strictly be Admins again? :D
Nope.

The Static Pages MOD had a major limitation in that it did not provide useable links to its pages, so it had a list of all pages page as a workaround to that.

Pages extension lets you create links, and place them in any of 10 different possible locations at the moment. So there is no need for a page of pages. But if you have become dependent on such a thing (which is itself limited because what if you don't want every page in the list) the nice thing about Pages extension is you can create a Page for that too - using our flexible HTML options, you can create your own unique table of contents of your static pages, if you need such a page.

We also do not track authors of pages, because this is not a blog, they're just static pages so we don't see a meaningful reason to advertise who created a page. Instead we log all page additions, edits and deletions to the admin log, so admins can see who has been working on pages in the logs.

And only Admins can create Pages as the interface is inside the ACP.

Return to “Extensions in Development”