Upgrade from 3.0.12 to 3.1 RC3 ... missing posts?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
kickball365

Upgrade from 3.0.12 to 3.1 RC3 ... missing posts?

Post by kickball365 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? 3.1. RC 3
What is your board's URL? http://www.kickball365.com/newforum/
Who do you host your board with? GoDaddy
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.12
What MODs do you have installed? tapatalk
abbc3
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Experienced with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? When I upgraded from 3.0.12 to 3.1 RC3
Please describe your problem. Followed:
5. Updating from phpBB 3.0.x to phpBB 3.1.x
Updating from phpBB 3.0.x to 3.1.x is just the same as updating from stable releases of phpBB 3.1.x

However you can also start with a new set of phpBB 3.1.x files.

Delete all files EXCEPT for the following:
The config.php file
The images/ directory
The files/ directory
The store/ directory
Upload the contents of the 3.1.x Full Package into your forum's directory.
Browse to install/database_update.php
Delete the install/ directory

Then board has users, structure, but no posts...
Generated by SRT Generator

kickball365

Re: Upgrade from 3.0.12 to 3.1 RC3 ... missing posts?

Post by kickball365 »

To clarify, upgrade seems to have worked EXCEPT for the fact that no posts made their way....

Any/all help much appreciated.

kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

Went back in, restored old DB and then ran database_update... now getting this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(106): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(265): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('index_body.html', NULL) #4 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html', NULL) #5 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environmen in /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 202

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

Tapatalk will not work with 3.1 (they are planning an extension).

Uninstall Tapatalk before you do the upgrade
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

david63 wrote:Tapatalk will not work with 3.1 (they are planning an extension).

Uninstall Tapatalk before you do the upgrade
I figured that it would not work, but would that (mods) be the cause of the errors?

nextgen
Jr. Style Validator
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

kickball365 wrote:I figured that it would not work, but would that (mods) be the cause of the errors?
Uninstall all the mods you have and returns to run the upgrade.
メルビン・ガルシア • phpBB Development StylesphpBB Argentina - Soporte en español 🇦🇷

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

david63

Post by david63 »

nextgen wrote:Uninstall all the mods you have and returns to run the upgrade.
If you are going to uninstall all mods then it is easier, quicker and safer to just delete all files (except config.php and images folder), upload the latest version and run database_update.php from the install folder - obviously having made backup copies of the files and database first
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

david63 wrote:If you are going to uninstall all mods then it is easier, quicker and safer to just delete all files (except config.php and images folder), upload the latest version and run database_update.php from the install folder - obviously having made backup copies of the files and database first
But, since all the files (except for a few) have already been deleted and replaced, replacing them again may not achieve anything. I think nextgen was suggesting the error may be caused by a database change from the MODs and removing those changes may therefore resolve the issue. As you know, just replacing the files will not remove the database changes.

@ kickball365
Try opening the board’s /cache/ folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

Oyabun1 wrote:
david63 wrote:If you are going to uninstall all mods then it is easier, quicker and safer to just delete all files (except config.php and images folder), upload the latest version and run database_update.php from the install folder - obviously having made backup copies of the files and database first
But, since all the files (except for a few) have already been deleted and replaced, replacing them again may not achieve anything. I think nextgen was suggesting the error may be caused by a database change from the MODs and removing those changes may therefore resolve the issue. As you know, just replacing the files will not remove the database changes.

@ kickball365
Try opening the board’s /cache/ folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess.
Tried it... nothing.

Still getting
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(106): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(265): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('index_body.html', NULL) #4 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html', NULL) #5 /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environmen in /home/content/83/5050483/html/newforum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 202

kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

I'm stumped on 3.1...
Anyway to go into db and turn off MODs from 3.0.12? (if this is the reason why this error comes up)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

those errors say that index_body.html is not where it is looking for it.

have you checked to see if the index_body.html file is in the style/template folder?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

david63

Post by david63 »

Oyabun1 wrote:But, since all the files (except for a few) have already been deleted and replaced, replacing them again may not achieve anything. I think nextgen was suggesting the error may be caused by a database change from the MODs and removing those changes may therefore resolve the issue. As you know, just replacing the files will not remove the database changes.
I know that replacing files will not remove database changes but depending on how good/bad the mod has been created/installed uninstalling mods may not do so either (unless done manually). The advantage of retaining the "old" database is that you will still have the data there for when a replacement extension is produced.

Incidentally if you have the "soft delete" mod installed on a 3.0 board and you were to remove that before you upgraded then you would not have any soft deleted posts as 3.1 migration actually converts them - there may be other mods that are handled the same.
David

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Your error message is style related.

Could it be that you don't have the same styles installed anymore? I think your database still thinks that certain styles are installed (and you had it selected in your UCP).

If I were you, I would try to enter the ACP directly (by entering the url in your browser). Then in the style options, force all users to use prosilver.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

If you can't get into the ACP some SQL queries to change everybody's style and the default to prosilver:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = (SELECT style_id FROM phpbb_styles WHERE style_name ='prosilver') WHERE config_name = 'default_style';
UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_style = (SELECT style_id FROM phpbb_styles WHERE style_name ='prosilver')
Change phpbb_ if that is not your table prefix.

Then open the board’s /cache folder on the server and delete data_global.php.

Always backup the database before making any changes to it.

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running queries.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”