[CDB] [Official Extension] Pages

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
cprgolds

Re: [BETA] [Official Extension] Pages

Post by cprgolds »

Tested with RC5 and this works great for me and is a great addition to phpBB.

One thing to note. Maybe I missed something, but when entering the page URL route, it looked like I needed to enter the fully qualified route (mydomain/pages/xxx). I kept getting an error until I looked into the code and found that only needed the last piece of the route.

Perhaps it was all the discussion about where the pages should be earlier in this post that threw me off, but I thought this note might be useful to others.
Last edited by cprgolds on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

cprgolds wrote:Tested with RC5 and this works great for me and is a great addition to phpBB.

One thing to note. Maybe I missed something, but when entering the page URL route, it looked like I needed to enter the fully qualified route (mydomain/pages/xxx). I kept getting an error until I looked into the code and found that only needed the last piece of the route.

Perhaps it was all the discussion about where the pages should be earlier in this post that threw me off, but I thought this not might be useful to others.
the route is just a word. Only letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores. No special characters allowed. We'll clarify it in the field explanation.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

I'd suggest using "Page alias" instead of "Page URL route". At the very least, an example of the expected input should be provided next to the field or as a placeholder attribute.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Yas

Post by Yas »

Pages don't seem to play nicely with server URL settings. My phpBB install is located at domain.com/domains/sub.domain.com and I force sub.domain.com in the Server settings but page links still point to sub.domain.com/domains/sub.domain.com/app.php/page/pagename instead of sub.domain.com/page/pagename and going to the "correct" link manually just shows the forum index.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

That would likely be a bug in phpBB's route handler.

Have you tried any other extension which adds any new pages on the board (which would create links to said page)?
nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by nicofuma »

When you access to the page what is the url? sub.domain.com/app.php ?
Member of phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM
Yas

Post by Yas »

EXreaction wrote:That would likely be a bug in phpBB's route handler.

Have you tried any other extension which adds any new pages on the board (which would create links to said page)?
I just tried out the BoardRules extension and you're right, it seems to be a bug in phpBB. (Tested on RC4 and RC5)
nicofuma wrote:When you access to the page what is the url? sub.domain.com/app.php ?
The url should be sub.domain.com/page/testingpage but that one doesn't work. Instead, the link I placed in the header sometimes points me to sub.domain.com/domains/sub.domain.com/app.php/page/testingpage which works.

For the record, my webhosting is set up like so: In the root (domain.com) I have a folder "domains" in which I can put folders with registered aliases (newdomain.com) or subdomains (sub.domain.com). When I then point my browser to sub.domain.com, it correctly takes the data from domain.com/domains/sub.domain.com, while showing sub.domain.com as the address.

Edit: For phpbb forum to work correctly, both on 3.0 and 3.1 I have to force url to sub.domain.com in settings. The forum then works, apart from plugins that add new pages in 3.1RC of course.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Please move any further discussion on the above issue to the 3.1.x Support forum
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Spanish translation ready for RC 1 ;)

Download here.
Last edited by Raul [ThE KuKa] on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

MattF

Post by MattF »

Just released a new version: RC1. See original post for download. :D
moviehive
Name: Aaron T

Re: [RC] [Official Extension] Pages

Post by moviehive »

Is it a simple copy/paste to upgrade?
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Spanish translation updated for RC1 ;)
viewtopic.php?p=13758731#p13758731
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl »

Looks cool guys just updated it, thanks for all the hard work on this one ;)

It might be a bit early but will there be support at this time for modifying the links? I know I asked it before and we discussed it, you mentioned that would need some changes in the htaccess file.

Just as a reminder:
I would prefer this www.mydomain.com/custompagename instead of www.mydomain.com/pages/custompagename it looks better for me because I use phpBB as a website as well ;)

I would like to now what changes it would require to make that happen, so I can try and test that out as well. You said that it might conflict with other extensions and I want to take that to a test. I just don't have the knowledge to setup some rewrite code.

Thanks in advance ;)
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

I would prefer this www.mydomain.com/custompagename instead of www.mydomain.com/pages/custompagename it looks better for me because I use phpBB as a website as well
+100500
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

moviehive wrote:Is it a simple copy/paste to upgrade?
Manage Extensions page wrote:UPDATING AN EXTENSION
1. Disable the extension
2. Delete the extension’s files from the filesystem
3. Upload the new files
4. Enable the extension
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Return to “Extensions in Development”