[ABD] phpBB Wall

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gabriel°

Re: [DEV] phpBB Wall

Post by Gabriel° »

I'm not sure if will be a good idea to replace the default profile page in order to use cover photos-
Last edited by Gabriel° on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Google for Work
Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Gabriel° wrote:I'm not sure if will be a good idea to replace the default profile page in order to use cover photos, but it looks like this already:
You've already implemented that?? :o

What exactly do you mean by replacing it? The phpBB Wall is already a new profile on its own. Are you thinking about being able to access both or something (while keeping the classic profile intact so that other extensions can use it)?
noth

Post by noth »

The phpBB Wall is already a new profile on its own
that's the great part about this extension!

we don't want it to replace the default profile page ... in order to use cover photos .... or in order to do anything else

I thought extensions would not interfere with core code and the Profile page is pretty core IMHO :lol:

looking good though - some nice screenshots and your real users would be mightily impressed I think
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

noth wrote:
The phpBB Wall is already a new profile on its own
that's the great part about this extension!

we don't want it to replace the default profile page ... in order to use cover photos .... or in order to do anything else

I thought extensions would not interfere with core code and the Profile page is pretty core IMHO :lol:

looking good though - some nice screenshots and your real users would be mightily impressed I think
Speak for yourself.

I hate the current (3.x (all versions)) profile page and I thought (and was hoping) that this extension replace it.

@ Gabriel - If not, can a option be added via the ACP that will enable/disable replacing the profile page?

In addition, code the ext in a way so plugins from other exts (that would normally be added to the profile page) can easily be added/coded.
noth

Post by noth »

the only problem with that is, there are other Extensions out there that assume the profile page is as released in 3.1

e.g. Profile Guestbook

you could be setting up conflicts / incompatibility for that extension and /or future extensions that are designed to enhance the Profile Page

there is no reason why we can't have both :D
Gabriel°

Post by Gabriel° »

Well, I think I didn't explain this extension purpose in a good way or the title that I used "wall" is confusing everyone.

This extension will actually add a page where the users can see what their friends posted into the "wall" and I was planning to add a personal "Wall" including cover photos, music, photos, information tabs.

I have the FE/BE (HTML, PHP, JS) code already but I need to complete the installation and Admin settings part. I just added some screenshots to collect ideas but it might take about a month to release the first download package because I'm kind of busy at my job.

Once I release the first version, I'll work to fix bugs asap and them add extra features. The notifications part still pending but almost completed.

I think as you guys mentioned, we should have an option to use either the default profile or a different page, so I´ll try to include it once I finish the Admin part. I'm not a phpBB code expert by I'm learning while I code, and it is expected that there will be some bugs.

I hope I was able to set right expectations, if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

PD: sorry if I don't explain myself well, but I'm not an English native speaker ;)
Google for Work
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

You explained well and I like the direction that you're taking.

Thanks again ;)
doenwenu

Post by doenwenu »

Looks realy nice! Subscribed.
MohamedAG
Name: Moh Sal

Post by MohamedAG »

Amazing, can't wait to test it.
Anonymous_et_EE

Post by Anonymous_et_EE »

Nice work!
KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax »

Wow this looks great, definitely going to keep my eye on out this once it's released.
Mathieu M.
Name: Mathieu

Post by Mathieu M. »

Hi here,

Any news for this promissing extension ?

;)
😄😄😍😄😄
jsebean
Name: Jonah

Post by jsebean »

Mathieu M. wrote:Hi here,

Any news for this promissing extension ?

;)
I'll second that, any updates? This looks amazing :)
-Jonah
:lol:
Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Just saw this topic. Very nice... You can do amazing things with Angular JS with a lot lssser lines of codes than jquery. Good choice...
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Since my last post in this topic I work fulltime as AngularJS developer and I really see the advantages I did not know about before. Good choice of technology. However, I miss the phpbb API. If there would be some useful api, I could write MOD like old phpBB Social Network in 2 weeks or less.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”