[CDB] Upload Extensions 3.1.2

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: [RC] Upload Extensions

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I think you have to install the language pack for the extension in order for it to be in whatever language you are using. If the extension does not have any other language packs than english you will have to wait for someone to translate it into your language.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
michel_61

Post by michel_61 »

Sorry,
i have see it, i test a languagepack in german-short for better look on tablet and smartphone.
In there is a bug, with the original languagepack, the extension works in german too. :oops:

Sorry & reg. Mike
John P
Name: John

Post by John P »

OK
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Post by rxu »

Just as an idea. Currently the extension is already able to upload zip archives from remote servers.
Thus, it looks possible to implement online extensions update in case versioncheck json file exists and the download link in it points to the zip with the new version.
So, it could work like check version -> check download link -> upload if zip -> disable ext -> unzip new files to the ext folder -> enable ext.
From the user side, it could look just like an update button and a progress bar :)
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

is it possible use a system like wordpess?

connect to Customisation Database Extensions from phpBB.com and download it and active them?
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
John P
Name: John

Post by John P »

Later on, the idea was to download from customisation database and update the extension with one click.
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign
rxu

Post by rxu »

Probably there could be an option to select the update source CDB/author's repo/etc.
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

rxu wrote:Probably there could be an option to select the update source CDB/author's repo/etc.
As I've said before, we cannot download files from GitHub using sockets.
Any ideas about how to download files from repositories without sockets and without using local downloading are much appreciated.
rxu

Post by rxu »

This is probably just a matter of implementation of remote upload method.
For me, github.com easy responds and I've managed to download files from it via the following dumb script (this was created on-the-fly just for testing purposes):

Code: Select all

$file = fopen("https://github.com/PayBas/RecentTopics/archive/master.zip", "r");
if (!$file)
{
    echo "Unable to open remote file.";
    exit;
}
$output = fopen("paybas.zip", "w");
while (!feof ($file))
{
    $line = fgets($file, 1024);
    fwrite($output, $line);
}
fclose($file);
fclose($output);

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Not sure went wrong, but now when I upload extensions I get a blank page after clicking "Upload". I've just updated my test board to RC6 and the extension to the latest version...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

rxu wrote:This is probably just a matter of implementation of remote upload method.
For me, github.com easy responds and I've managed to download files from it via the following dumb script (this was created on-the-fly just for testing purposes):

/* code */
Hmm, it's interesting.
I've only used phpbb functions to do the upload process.
I didn't think that it can be too easy.
Thank you! I'll try to implement it these days. :)

BTW, first release version of this extension is already uploaded to CDB and waiting for review.
Jessica wrote:Not sure went wrong, but now when I upload extensions I get a blank page after clicking "Upload". I've just updated my test board to RC6 and the extension to the latest version...
I've tested it on RC6 with no problems.
Please provide more information so that we are able to help you.
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

Great news!

Now the implementation of GitHub uploads is ready!
It will be published tomorrow or today, depending on your time zone.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

What kind of information do you need?

EDIT: I still can't figure out why I'm getting a white page after trying to upload the extension or clicking "Unpack extension". I tried re-installing the extension and that didn't work.

It worked fine before I went and updated my test board to RC6...and updated the extension itself. I thought it was due to the issues I was having earlier, but those issues are all fixed and it still does not work.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
rxu

Post by rxu »

Jessica
Do you have DEBUG enabled to get the error output?
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

I just enabled it...error log says:

[25-Oct-2014 15:04:24 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required './phpbb/event/extension_subscriber_loader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160
[25-Oct-2014 15:05:15 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required './phpbb/event/extension_subscriber_loader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160
[25-Oct-2014 15:05:21 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required './phpbb/event/extension_subscriber_loader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160
[25-Oct-2014 15:07:02 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required './phpbb/event/extension_subscriber_loader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160
[25-Oct-2014 15:08:23 America/New_York] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 3 passed to phpbb\passwords\driver\md5_phpbb2::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\passwords\driver\helper, string given, called in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2269 and defined in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/passwords/driver/md5_phpbb2.php on line 44
[25-Oct-2014 15:08:25 America/New_York] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 3 passed to phpbb\passwords\driver\md5_phpbb2::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\passwords\driver\helper, string given, called in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2269 and defined in /home/jesschen/public_html/ascraeus/phpbb/passwords/driver/md5_phpbb2.php on line 44

Return to “Extensions in Development”