[ABD] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
vipaka

[ABD] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Post by vipaka »

Extension Name: Custom Navigation Bar
Author: Vipaka

Extension Description: An ACP-customizable navigation menu, great for sites with a lot of links that won't fit neatly into the default header.
Extension Version: 1.0.7

Features:
  • ACP Control for 1, 2 and 3-Tier Dropdown Navigation Link additions, including external links and various display options for registered and guest users.
  • ACP control for background color for each tier, font family and font color.
  • Three different menu CSS display style options.
  • External and Internal linking, along with optional no linking for parent links.
  • ACP control for creation of, editing, deleting and ordering priority for navigation links.
  • ACP control for title, url, active/inactive linkage, external links, three display views (registered, guest or all) and tier of each link.
Screenshots: Image

Extension Download: http://www.esmaerin.com/navbar.zip

Installation:
  • 1. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to navbar if it is not already named navbar.
    2. In the ext directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named vipaka (if it does not already exist).
    3. Copy the navbar folder to phpBB/ext/vipaka/.
    4. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
    5. Look for Navigation Buttons Extensions under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its Enable link to install.
    6. Enable and configure Navigation Buttons Extension by navigating in the ACP to Extensions -> Navigation Buttons Extension -> Settings.
Additional Notes: Currently this extension uses a traditional dropdown menu, slider menu, and phpbb-style menu, the CSS for which is located in ./ext/vipaka/navbar/styles/all/theme/dropdown.css (feel free to modify it as you please).

CSS Helpers:
Remove the line text-decoration: none from any of those files to restore a red underline to the links.

Replace list-style: none; or list-style-type: none; with list-style: circle; or list-style: square; to add bullets to each link. In the phpbb style, you will also need to remove or rearrange the padding and display tags.

Replace or add font-weight: bold; to any of the a tags where you want the font to be bolded.

Use padding and margin tags to add additional spacing.

text-align: left;, text-align: right;, and text-align: center; will determine the placement of your text inside the list items.
Last edited by vipaka on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Re: [DEV] Custom Navigation Bar v0.8.0

Post by Meis2M »

lovely... thanks
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Nice, thanks.
Would it be possible to move the bar be above quicklinks/board index ect?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Looks interesting.

Elderly/less able people find the current 'drop downs' difficult to use.

Larger button size would be good
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

HiFiKabin wrote:Looks interesting.

You can change the font size using the additional notes at the bottom, go into the dropdown CSS file and change font-size 1.2em to something larger like 2.0em. It should automatically resize the links to fit the font size increase. Hope that helps.
Edit: Also I'll be including more css files later that offer various different styles for the navigation menu (horizontal menu, button-shaped menu...probably with an ACP or UCP option to flip between them.)
Mess wrote:Nice, thanks.
Would it be possible to move the bar be above quicklinks/board index ect?
Actually no, there is no event in 3.1 (as far as I can tell) that lets you use the area above the quicklinks but below the logo/site description. Unfortunate, because that's originally where I wanted to put the menu.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

vipaka wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:Looks interesting.

You can change the font size using the additional notes at the bottom, go into the dropdown CSS file and change font-size 1.2em to something larger like 2.0em. It should automatically resize the links to fit the font size increase. Hope that helps.
Edit: Also I'll be including more css files later that offer various different styles for the navigation menu (horizontal menu, button-shaped menu...probably with an ACP or UCP option to flip between them.)
Excellent. I'll have a play with it later
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for extension.
When I try to enable it I get Internal Server Error:

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
BTW. when I open lang file in Notepadd++ a plenty of language variables aren't under each other, but on one or two lines.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

leschek wrote:Thank you for extension.
When I try to enable it I get Internal Server Error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
BTW. when I open lang file in Notepadd++ a plenty of language variables aren't under each other, but on one or two lines.
@ The language variables I'm kind of a slob when it comes to programming (duct tape programmer). The final version when I submit it for release will have cleaned up files, I'll try to make the language file better by the time this goes into Beta.

Internal Server Errors are typically triggered by the server you're using, not the codes (in almost every case). Check your server host (localhost/bluehost/godaddy whatever) to see if there is an error log you can find to debug. If it happens only when you try to enable this extension it could be an incompatibility issue (database running older version of MySQL or something that doesn't recognize the syntax).
leschek

Post by leschek »

vipaka wrote:Internal Server Errors are typically triggered by the server you're using, not the codes (in almost every case). Check your server host (localhost/bluehost/godaddy whatever) to see if there is an error log you can find to debug. If it happens only when you try to enable this extension it could be an incompatibility issue (database running older version of MySQL or something that doesn't recognize the syntax).
Thank you for reply.
It only happens with this extension (I installed on my testing board around 15+ extensions).
In extension details is php version >=5.3.3, but I didn't find information about MySQL (I use 5.5.37-cll).
I will ask my host where I could find the error log.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

Update:
Version 1.0.5
Feature Changes
  • Corrected ACP Title Error
  • Corrected Font Color Error
  • Added Option of Horizontal Sliding Menu Style
  • Improved Readability of Language File
Cable Player

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.5

Post by Cable Player »

Hi there, I get an error message when trying to enable the extension.

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.
The migration "\vipaka\navbar\migrations\release_1_0_2" is not fulfillable, missing migration "\vipaka\navbar\migrations\release_1_0_0".
Return to the extension list
I'm not sure what it means!

Thanks
leschek

Post by leschek »

With new version I got new error:

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

The migration "\vipaka\navbar\migrations\release_1_0_2" is not fulfillable, missing migration "\vipaka\navbar\migrations\release_1_0_0".
EDIT: I didn't see the previous post.
Last edited by leschek on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

Means I goofed up on the migratation names. I'll have it fixed in 10 or so.
Edit: Re uploaded the file, should hopefully work now.
Cable Player

Post by Cable Player »

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting this now when trying to enable it:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 61341696) (tried to allocate 20 bytes) in /homepages/32/d527399252/htdocs/3.1/ext/vipaka/navbar/migrations/release_1_0_2.php on line 20

Edit: I hadn't removed the previous files so have done that now and uploaded the fresh set - it seems to work now. Thanks!
Last edited by Cable Player on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

Cable Player wrote:Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting this now when trying to enable it:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 61341696) (tried to allocate 20 bytes) in /homepages/32/d527399252/htdocs/3.1/ext/vipaka/navbar/migrations/release_1_0_2.php on line 20
Third time is the charm? I'm going to try reinstalling it on a vanilla board myself to see if there is something more seriously wrong with it.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”