Database backups not deleting after 3.1.1 upgrade

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
mrgtb

Database backups not deleting after 3.1.1 upgrade

Post by mrgtb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:57 pm

When you click restore backup from admincp, and then you can delete a backup stored in the Store folder from there (which I've never had a problem doing before). Now all of a sudden clicking restore link, then delete database link. I get taken to the create database page after clicking delete, then when going back to restore page I'm seeing the database is still listed I deleted, and it is still located in the store folder.

Tried doing it a few times and it never gets deleted

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Database backups not deleting after 3.1.1 upgrade

Post by stevemaury » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:21 pm

I cannot reproduce this. Also, I am unfamiliar with any "Create database" function within phpBB. Do you mean "Backup database"? Also, what is the CHMOD permission of your /store folder?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:29 pm

It worked perfect before using same CHMOD (755) on the Store folder (that is default chmod server sets). I cannot use 777 because my host doesn't allow it and never caused a problem anyway before creating and deleting DB backups from Admin CP and use it very often, daily in fact - before making a full site backup each night with cPanel.

So chmod permission should not be a factor, same as its always been and worked fine when running phpBB 3.1.0 earlier, and all RC versions before it for months.

Could there be a file that deals with deleting DB backups that has not been uploaded correctly during the update to 3.1.1 earlier? What file deals with it, to try and re-upload it.

Might be a bad file upload that deals with deleting the backups

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 pm

OK, I just confirmed this. I missed that you had 3.1.1. I am reporting it as a bug.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13278
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 pm

There seems to be another issue in the same area when clicking "delete logs". If you click delete logs using the "Moderation Log" link under "Maintenance" tab. When done it takes you to the General Tab area instead of refreshing back to "Maintenance" tab still.

In the past if you clicked any of those delete log links they always refresh back to same area when done deleting the logs.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 pm

mrgtb wrote:There seems to be another issue in the same area when clicking "delete logs". If you click delete logs using the "Moderation Log" link under "Maintenance" tab. When done it takes you to the General Tab area instead of refreshing back to "Maintenance" tab still.
I can't duplicate that error. Although, I'm assuming by "Moderation Log" you mean "Moderator log"?
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Oyabun1 wrote:
mrgtb wrote:There seems to be another issue in the same area when clicking "delete logs". If you click delete logs using the "Moderation Log" link under "Maintenance" tab. When done it takes you to the General Tab area instead of refreshing back to "Maintenance" tab still.
I can't duplicate that error. Although, I'm assuming by "Moderation Log" you mean "Moderator log"?
The same is happening on my 3.1 board after deleting the moderator log in the maintenance section it takes you to the general quick link moderator log instead of back to the maintenance section

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:08 am

Oyabun1 wrote:
When you click the moderator log (url link) and then delete all logs listed under it. After logs are removed it should keep you on Maintenance page still. But instead as the poster said above it takes you to general tab area now. If you delete logs under the admin log (url link) you'll see that doesn't happen, it keeps you on maintenance page after logs are deleted and was same with all the log links on maintenance page before, they all after you deleted logs under the links kept you on maintenance page before 3.1
2.PNG
2.PNG (73.36 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Snap1.png
Snap1.png (38.32 KiB) Viewed 305 times

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 am

Just a thought if you cannot reproduce this still. I have the EXTENSION tab used because of one official phpbb mod installed to show announcements. Might it only happen when that extension tab is used having a mod installed, not tested it with mod removed to see if makes any difference when extension tab is not used?

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 am

mrgtb wrote:But instead as the poster said above it takes you to general tab area now.
No, wkuzma is saying it stays on the Moderator log page, which is what happens for me, and is the correct behaviour.

(wkuzma seems to think that because you have emptied the log the system should assume you no longer want to be on that page and redirect you. But, that is not the intended behaviour.)

On the board I tested it on there is both Board Announcements and Board Rules extensions installed.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 am

Oyabun1 wrote:
mrgtb wrote:But instead as the poster said above it takes you to general tab area now.
No, wkuzma is saying it stays on the Moderator log page, which is what happens for me, and is the correct behaviour.

(wkuzma seems to think that because you have emptied the log the system should assume you no longer want to be on that page and redirect you. But, that is not the intended behaviour.)

On the board I tested it on there is both Board Announcements and Board Rules extensions installed.
That is not what I think
What I posted is correct, I said while in the maintance tab and after deleting the moderator log it takes me to the general tab (quick access moderator log section) instead of staying in the maintaince tab, But that is not a big problem.
What I ran into today is a problem.
Besides not being able to delete database backups, it will not restore any backups at least on my system.
Is anyone having the same problem. I went to test the rrestore function and it sent me back to the backup functin without doing a restore. This is on version 3.1.1

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:51 pm

wkuzma wrote:
Oyabun1 wrote:

That is not what I think
What I posted is correct, I said while in the maintance tab and after deleting the moderator log it takes me to the general tab (quick access moderator log section) instead of staying in the maintaince tab, But that is not a big problem.
What I ran into today is a problem.
Besides not being able to delete database backups, it will not restore any backups at least on my system.
Is anyone having the same problem. I went to test the rrestore function and it sent me back to the backup functin without doing a restore. This is on version 3.1.1
Exactly what I thought you meant, same as me spotting it. Oyabun1, he is getting confused here, this is most certainly NOT normal behaviour prior to 3.1.1. I've been doing daily backups and usually deleting all logs at same time since beta, rc versions. Never has clicking the moderator log link, then deleting logs under it ever then led you back to general tab under quick moderation. I know that for a fact, deleted logs hundreds of times using 3.1 beta and rc's!

I don't know about the restoring a database issue via Admin CP. I only used it for backups and would instead use MyphpAdmin in cpanel to restore it.

I agree with what somebody posted on the tracker about this. These issues have come about after the XSS bug was fixed in 3.1.1 and many templates got changed.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 am

Having the same issue when I go to 'Restore' database. The page just jumps back to the 'Backup database' page. No restore seems to take place. :?
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:34 am

As was mentioned, there is a bug report about this and it is slated to be fixed in 3.1.2.
stevemaury wrote:OK, I just confirmed this. I missed that you had 3.1.1. I am reporting it as a bug.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13278
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:03 am

Is that bug report applicable to my issue too Nox?
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”