[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by Volksdevil »

Joshy, is there anything that can be done regards ebay? IIRC ebay used to provide RSS links per auction/listing that would allow you to embed within a site. It showed a small pic from the listing, details of bids etc etc.
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

If you can find whether those links still exist I'll look into it, otherwise no, I can't do much about it.

eBay moved to an API-oriented service. That works great with apps in general but it doesn't work well with the way this extension operates.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
LPRI

Post by LPRI »

JoshyPHP wrote:
Installation: Unzip at the root of your phpBB installation then enable the extension in the ACP.
How to install this ? :roll:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

unzip file on your computer.

using ftp, upload the included folder named "ext" to your phpbb installation.

there is already a folder named ext there, just upload the included on and it will merge with it.

go to the admin panel and install the extension then make sure it is enabled.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
LPRI

Post by LPRI »

Thank you ! Cool ext !!!!
Lumpy Burgertushie

what does that mean?

robert

ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

Any Credit/s to mod-author/s of mods from where the idea and the base-code is ;)
Lumpy Burgertushie

ViolaF wrote:Any Credit/s to mod-author/s of mods from where the idea and the base-code is ;)
if you think there is something wrong with this then make a complaint to the proper people/places.

posting remarks like this don't mean anything. I see you have done the same thing in another topic as well.

I assume you are going to claim that these were "stolen" from your alter ego 4_seven.

robert

Khaos-Rage

Post by Khaos-Rage »

ViolaF wrote:Any Credit/s to mod-author/s of mods from where the idea and the base-code is ;)
You do realize this is based off of JoshyPHP's s9e Media BBCodes pack addon for xenForo right? Which if you read was first uploaded on Oct 22, 2013. So I doubt that this has any thing to do with that Idea/base-code that your thinking of.

And this parses and automatically embeds the actual content in the post. It doesn't just add a thumbnail to the post.
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

JoshyPHP wrote:If you can find whether those links still exist I'll look into it, otherwise no, I can't do much about it.

eBay moved to an API-oriented service. That works great with apps in general but it doesn't work well with the way this extension operates.
Ah, I can't find anything ebay related anymore unfortunately. Oh well. Not too important. Great work on this anyway! :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Volksdevil wrote:Ah, I can't find anything ebay related anymore unfortunately. Oh well. Not too important. Great work on this anyway! :)
I'm not surprised. eBay scrubbed any mention of their eBay ToGo service overnight without even a warning as far as I can tell.
This extension uses my text formatting library s9e\TextFormatter and more specifically its MediaEmbed plugin. Judging by the latter posts I understand that you may have published a similar extension under another name but I would be very surprised if our respective codebases bore the slightest resemblance. It's one thing to incorrectly claim ownership of an idea (there have been PHP libraries to embed videos for as long as there have been video sites) but it's another to insinuate something that can be readily disproven.
Khaos-Rage wrote:You do realize this is based off of JoshyPHP's s9e Media BBCodes pack addon for xenForo right?
Technically they're both based on s9e\TextFormatter. This extension even more so, because it includes some of its files. The XenForo add-on does not contain any of the s9e\TextFormatter files because it uses some of XenForo's "BB Code Media Sites" infrastructure instead.
joedevivre

Post by joedevivre »

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

The BBC iPlayer site, unlike the BBC News site, does not appear to provide a way to embed their player.
Nully

Post by Nully »

Lovely, so easy for users :mrgreen:
Please, like denis4o I'd like also Vbox7
http://vbox7.com/play:a3e8

and http://www.dailymotion.com

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”