Piwik Analytics

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
][Moon][Shine][

Piwik Analytics

Post by ][Moon][Shine][ » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Similar to the Google Analytics extension there really should be a Piwik Analytics extensions for those who want to analyse traffic without handing the data over to Google.

I am not a coder, so I can only guess it should be quite simple to use the Google Analytics extension as base and adapt for the use with Piwik?

The Piwik Integrations page strangely points to a discussion from June 2009 on another forum, so that's of no help at all. I know it's easy to just add the Piwik tracking code manually to the footer, but with the new extensions framework it would be much more elegant to just add an extension, which should offer some configuration options as well.

Walther

Re: Piwik Analytics

Post by Walther » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:23 pm

That is a nice analytics program you found, wonder if it could be ported to a extension though, reading the http://piwik.org/docs/installation/

edit: installing it, *caramba!* over 6000 files :o

edit2: installed it, and glued the code in the google-analytics extension

Actually, an extension needed for Piwik Analytics (and many more usefull things) would be an extension tot add custom code to the footer of the page, just before the </body> tag.

Maybe in the same extension also the possibility to add custom code in the header, just before the </head> tag.

edit3: made an extension request which would also suit this request : inject custom code to header and footer
Last edited by Walther on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanaM

Post by NanaM » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Walther wrote:edit3: made an extension request which would also suit this request : inject custom code to header and footer
Good idea, since we may want to use another analytics service or insert other type of code in header or footer.

][Moon][Shine][

Post by ][Moon][Shine][ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:21 am

Agreed, great idea, a general custom header and/or footer code extension would make most sense.

NanaM

Post by NanaM » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:45 am

If so, consider posting a reply to that thread : viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2275361
Last edited by NanaM on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Walther wrote: edit: installing it, *caramba!* over 6000 files :o
Part of the reason for that is due to it having symphony and twig within the vendor file. Probably not needed as phpBB 3.1 already has these in the package.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Walther

Post by Walther » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

martti

Post by martti » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 am

Walther wrote:FYI: [ALPHA] Custom Code
+1 not handing your user's private data over to Google.

That's the primary motivation why I started the extension. (But it has many more use cases.)

Return to “Extension Requests”