BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Locked
Giancarlo.Massironi
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Giancarlo.Massironi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise what is the correct BB code for use in 3.1.1 as I am not able to get the BB code to work for Youtube videos?

Thanks in advance :)

Giancarlo

LPRI
Registered User
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:06 am

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by LPRI » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:49 pm

[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431

Giancarlo.Massironi
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Giancarlo.Massironi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:36 am

LPRI wrote:[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431
I have tried uploading it to my ext/phpbb folder and it does not show in my extensions menu???

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66741
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:00 am

Giancarlo.Massironi wrote:
LPRI wrote:[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431
I have tried uploading it to my ext/phpbb folder and it does not show in my extensions menu???
that is because that is not where it goes.

included in that zip file is a folder named ext just upload that folder to the root of your board as the instructions tell you. there is already a folder by that name in the board root and when you upload this one it will simply add the new things needed but will not overwrite anything else that is in the folder.


robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Giancarlo.Massironi
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Giancarlo.Massironi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:24 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Giancarlo.Massironi wrote:
LPRI wrote:[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431
I have tried uploading it to my ext/phpbb folder and it does not show in my extensions menu???
that is because that is not where it goes.

included in that zip file is a folder named ext just upload that folder to the root of your board as the instructions tell you. there is already a folder by that name in the board root and when you upload this one it will simply add the new things needed but will not overwrite anything else that is in the folder.


robert
Ah thank you so much robert that is it sorted, cheers matey it is working now :D

User avatar
kamaleon
Registered User
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:47 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by kamaleon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:48 am

Is this the best way to use youtube videos in phpbb 3.1?
This is a test signature. I hope you love it :D

User avatar
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 69367
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 am
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by KevC » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:08 pm

It certainly looks like a very promising all-in-one video viewer.

BBcodes work just fine as well though. You just have to use them in the right way. Youtube in particular, uses several different URLs for the same videos and BBcode often relies on just one of them being used, so an ID based BBcode tends to work more successfully.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Image
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Trout Anglers NW
Registered User
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Trout Anglers NW » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:28 am

Can someone please lead-me-by-the-hand with this?

I downloaded s9e-mediaembed to my desktop, extracted the 'ext' file, merged with the exisiting ext file via FTP.

Now I'm lost. I can't find this file in my ACP let alone how to add it. Help please, thank you kindly.

User avatar
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Posts: 23162
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: Australia
Name: Bill

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Oyabun1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:38 am

Support for the extension is from the topic where you got it.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Trout Anglers NW
Registered User
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Trout Anglers NW » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 am

Oyabun1 wrote:Support for the extension is from the topic where you got it.
Okay, thanks.

User avatar
kamaleon
Registered User
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:47 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by kamaleon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 am

Is this still the best extension for embedding videos?

Why still not out of development?

Thanks
This is a test signature. I hope you love it :D

User avatar
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 69367
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 am
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by KevC » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:47 am

It's down to the author on when it's finished.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Image
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 21600
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: BBcode for Youtube videos in phpBB3 3.1.1

Post by Mick » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:12 pm

"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Locked

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”