[RC] Social Media Buttons with privacy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
tas2580

Re: [BETA] Social Media Buttons with privacy

Post by tas2580 »

At the top is inside the topic tools because I have no bether template event found, but I have requested a better one. You can put the buttons by hand to a better position at top, see some posts before this. The number of shares counts up after the cache time is over.
KhurramMunawar
Name: Khurram Munawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

tas2580 wrote:At the top is inside the topic tools because I have no bether template event found, but I have requested a better one. You can put the buttons by hand to a better position at top, see some posts before this. The number of shares counts up after the cache time is over.
i ll wait for the update version then . Thanks for the great extension.
Get Free Traffic To Your Website
Trafficonic.com - Free Traffic To Your Website
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

My site started loading very very slowly(over a minute) the other day. After a ton of digging I finally thought to check the cache folder. I couldn't even get it to load in Filezilla. I SSH'ed in and did a list on the directory and found thousands of the .json files your using to cache the data. I cleaned them out and it fixed my loading times. I have since reduced the cache time to 1 hour to see if this helps. Also purging the cache from the ACP had no effect on the files.
KhurramMunawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

Sshadow wrote:My site started loading very very slowly(over a minute) the other day. After a ton of digging I finally thought to check the cache folder. I couldn't even get it to load in Filezilla. I SSH'ed in and did a list on the directory and found thousands of the .json files your using to cache the data. I cleaned them out and it fixed my loading times. I have since reduced the cache time to 1 hour to see if this helps. Also purging the cache from the ACP had no effect on the files.
what this comment has to do with this extension.
Do u mean, that after installing this extension your board was running slow. ??
KhurramMunawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

is there any possibility to hide the sharing numbers and to only display the image of social network. ?
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

@Sshadow
The extension can slow down your site when there is no cache, but over a minute its too mutch, on all servers I use this I have not more then 2 seconds, with the curl_multi I have about 0.6 seconds. You shuld check your server connection.

The thing with the cache is not realy good solved at now. I think I will move the cache into an own folder, so you can delete it easier.

@KhurramMunawar
Not at now, but its a good idea, I think I will add an option for this in the next version.
KhurramMunawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

The thing with the cache is not realy good solved at now. I think I will move the cache into an own folder, so you can delete it easier.

If possible, try to add the option in acp settings to clear the cache.
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

Jah cool Idea, I think its no problem, but at now I'am a little drunken because of new year's eve but tomorrow when I'am sober I will make next update.
Sshadow

Post by Sshadow »

tas2580 wrote:Jah cool Idea, I think its no problem, but at now I'am a little drunken because of new year's eve but tomorrow when I'am sober I will make next update.
That should work :) Thanks and enjoy your new year.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Can't wait for the update. Thanks for this and Happy New Year!
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

OK, new version is ready.
I have moved the cache into the extension folder. You have to make it writeable, if its not writeable you will get a warning in ACP and caching will not work. Also I have added a Button to delete all files from cache.
The other wish of KhurramMunawar was to add an option to hide the number of shares, thats also done so you can only display the buttons without making querys to the social media platforms.

I have played a little bit with the position of the buttons in the top. I hope its OK now.
Sshadow

Post by Sshadow »

Did you happen to update the download on your site? I grabbed it but saw no changes. I went ahead and grabbed the files from Github and they worked however the cache folder was not created automatically.
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

The download on my page is updated now.
Github ignores empty folder, so I have added an empty index.html into the cache folder, now you have the cache folder into the download from Github.
Sshadow

Post by Sshadow »

The top positioning is much better. The first button was overlapped slightly by the search box for the topic. It is probably my style so I just added 2   to viewtopic_buttons_top_after.html to nudge them over a bit as I wasn't so sure about the CSS.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

tas2580 wrote:OK, new version is ready.
I have moved the cache into the extension folder. You have to make it writeable, if its not writeable you will get a warning in ACP and caching will not work. Also I have added a Button to delete all files from cache.
The other wish of KhurramMunawar was to add an option to hide the number of shares, thats also done so you can only display the buttons without making querys to the social media platforms.

I have played a little bit with the position of the buttons in the top. I hope its OK now.
How do you make the cache folder writable? I don't understand.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “Extensions in Development”