Extension Description: Replaces local URLs (links to forums, topics, posts or member profiles within your board) with a customizable text.
Extension Version: 1.1.1 (release candidate, submitted to extension database: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... l_to_text/)
Requirements: phpBB 3.2
- If a user of your board posts a link to a forum, it normally appears as a link like http://yourboard/viewforum.php?f=5.
With this extension, the link to the forum can rather be displayed as Forum Name.
- Links to topics can be displayed as Topic Title instead of http://yourboard/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2.
- You can also include the name of the forum containing that topic to the link, e.g. Topic Title (Forum Name).
- Similar text replacements are available for links to posts and to member profile pages.
- Local links within Custom profile fields can be replaced as well.
- Supports Pages extension
- Works with External Links extension
The text that replaces the local URL links can be customized. The following replacements are available:
- For forum or category links: forum/category name
- For topic links: topic title, forum name of containing forum
- For post links: poster user name, poster user colour, post subject, topic title, forum name, topic title (only if post subject is empty)
- For member profile links: user name, user colour
- For links to pages of the Pages extension: page title
- Option to enable or disable (default) replacement of local links within Custom profile fields
Users will only see content from forums they are authorized to read. E.g. if someone posts a link to a topic that resides in a protected forum, only members with access to this forum will see the title of this topic. Unauthorized members will see the default viewtopic.php?t=xx link.
Development Repository: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/LocalUrlToText
Download at the development repository linked above via the "Download ZIP" button, or use this direct link: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/LocalUrlTo ... /1.1.1.zip
Create the following folder structure in your board, and extract the files and folders from the downloaded ZIP file there:
Activate the extension in the Admin Control Panel (ACP) on the Customise > Manage Extensions page.
Set up the text replacements in the ACP on the Extensions > Local URL To Text > Settings page.
Caution: This extension is still in beta status. Please do not use this extension on production boards without testing.