[ABD] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
LukeWCS

Re: [RC] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Post by LukeWCS »

combuster wrote:You saying 100% verified, can you please give a complete list of steps to see the bug in action on a clean installation of phpbb + current version of the extension? Because I still cannot reproduce it.
It was a clean installation at this time i wrote my posts. ;) There are no "steps", it simply doesn't work as described.

Btw:

German translation (de, de_x_sie)
May the backup be with you. Always.
combuster

Post by combuster »

LukeWCS wrote: It was a clean installation at this time i wrote my posts. ;) There are no "steps", it simply doesn't work as described.
Well, the desribed problem does not occure for most people. So there must be any differences and we need to track them down in order to fix problems. By saying "clean installation" I guess, that there are NO additional user-groups and furthermore NO user did set options like "hide my online status" or similar, is that correct? Furthermore, did you change any parameters of the extension or went for defaults (e.g. 600s cache-time?)? Have you beein testing on a real production server or in a local network? Were the users using same IPs? What happened on the board (server logs? (would help alot!)), what was your expected output of the extension and what was the actual output?
Thanks, can you make it a Pull-Request on github?
combuster

Post by combuster »

Burke wrote:First of all, thanks for your time and efforts on making this extension available.

I have problems with users not being updated, even they have been logged in, written posts and logged out. The Who Was Here part is not updated. I have users who don't even show up in the list of who was here.
Can you reproduce this? I mean: Can you install a new fresh phpBB and the extension (using master : ) and the same error occurs? In this case, could you provide server-logs from the moment of the installtion until the error occurs for the first time?
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote: And I will comment on this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=13791191#p13791191

Nice job Robert! :)
Thank you so much for supporting me!
LukeWCS

Post by LukeWCS »

A clean installation is not ideal for testing the "who was here" part i mean. This part needs a really active forum with active users to show, is it working or not.

Yes i know i was not really helpfully, sorry. I have my own (dozens) projects and also lot of own tools written in several languages and i am working in a big translation project for a computer game so my time is really limited. ;)

IPs:
In Germany static IPs for the internet users are very uncommon. So the most users have dynamic IPs. Static IPs are common for companys.

Installed Mods:
Recent Topics
User Merge
ReIMG
And Activity Stats

Additional user groups:
1 Group (Beta Tester) for access to 1 internal forum.
1 Group (Developer) for access to 2 internal forums.
1 Group for local moderators for access to 2 internal moderator forums.
1 Group with no special rights, simply a standard user group.

I have now reactivated your Ext and deleted the working files. So the Ext works now with default settings. I leave this alone for several days then we will see. After this i can support you with the server logs. I think you mean the access logs? Hint: i have no direct access to the server (Apache), i have only domain access.
combuster

Post by combuster »

That would be awsome if we could have a chat then to discuss the details and track it down. let me know when you see the problem again.
frax
Name: Frax C.

Post by frax »

Still does not recognize many users and mod and bots online. ;)
bimbargo

Post by bimbargo »

Yes, it's true. I installed on a live board today. In one moment there were 78 users online - 17 registrated, 6 robots and others were guests. In the activity stat section there were total 18 users online. I tried it for about an hour. There was no change.
combuster

Post by combuster »

Hey thx for information. Can you provide serverlogs?
frax

Post by frax »

I do not produce any error log this ext. For me it is just a problem of cache...
combuster

Post by combuster »

Server logs and screen shots of mainpage (activity stats + phpbbstats) and acrivity stats settings acp would be great.
LukeWCS

Post by LukeWCS »

After 2 days i have MAYBE a new information for you. One user is consequently not listed in the WWH part. But i have absolutely no idea why. To see faster results i changed the refresh delay to 60 seconds btw.
frax

Post by frax »

combuster wrote:Server logs and screen shots of mainpage (activity stats + phpbbstats) and acrivity stats settings acp would be great.
You have PM.
Jammy Johnny
Name: John

Post by Jammy Johnny »

I am also running this on a live board. I get the same problem with members not showing on the who was here log.
Great extension and keep up the good work. ;)
LukeWCS

Post by LukeWCS »

@combuster
I created a info thread for you, there you can see screenshots and other infos/updates i have for you:

http://forum.wcsaga.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68
combuster

Post by combuster »

LukeWCS wrote:After 2 days i have MAYBE a new information for you. One user is consequently not listed in the WWH part. But i have absolutely no idea why. To see faster results i changed the refresh delay to 60 seconds btw.
Thats good, maybe we can find it. Can you give me more information for that user (maybe pm me (german is fine))? Might help to see: user_type, group_id, user_allow_viewonline, user_timezone, user_dst, user_permissions, e.g. by executing this SQL query:

Code: Select all

SELECT user_type, group_id, user_allow_viewonline, user_timezone, user_dst, user_permissions FROM phpbb_users WHERE username_clean='kalumet' 
And if possible the same information for the user "majorspawn".

Thanks all for information!!

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”