[CDB] Breadcrumb Menu

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
birey

Re: [BETA] Breadcrumb Menu

Post by birey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

PayBas wrote:
birey wrote:hi, this mod is so wonderful, so thanks. additionally i want to add this menu to all of the forumrows as well. how can i do it? for example you can see this picture. main forum menus is good, show all of the forumrows. but i want to see on forum title as well.

when i go to "Uydu, Digital Yayın" then it must show its self sub forums.
If you enable the "display forum in legend" option for each forum, you should already have those forums listed (and since you are using PBTech, it will already be in a dropdown menu).
nope dude, i dont want to drowdown menu, "breadcrumb menu" is so beutiful. i want to replace dropdown with breadcrumb menu for each forum. how can i do it? cause i dont like it, i deleted through the rows 36-50 in forumlist_body.html. there is not both now :)

you can see it the link http://www.exyorum.com/
as you can see, forums has not both dropdown, breadcrumb menu.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:05 am

PayBas wrote:The forums that are listed in the menu are the forums that a user has access to. If a user has permissions to view/access a forum, it will be shown to them. Whether the specific forum is displayed on the index or not.
Not exactly. The problem with the current extension is that if a user has permission to manage forums, add a forum, or delete a forum they can see them in the menu even if they don't have permission to see or read the forum, which is not what people seem to be expecting.

To change that so that only users who can see or read a forum can see it in the menu:

Download and open /ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php

Find

Code: Select all

if (!$ignore_acl && $this->auth->acl_gets(array('f_list', 'a_forum', 'a_forumadd', 'a_forumdel'), $row['forum_id'])) 
Replace with

if (!$ignore_acl && $this->auth->acl_gets(array('f_list', 'f_read'), $row['forum_id'])) 
Save and upload.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks Oyabun. Works perfectly

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:57 pm

birey wrote:nope dude, i dont want to drowdown menu, "breadcrumb menu" is so beutiful. i want to replace dropdown with breadcrumb menu for each forum. how can i do it? cause i dont like it, i deleted through the rows 36-50 in forumlist_body.html. there is not both now :)

Well what you are asking is beyond the scope of this extension. I'm also not sure what kind of behavior you are going for. You want users to hover over a forum row, and the dropdown will open automatically? In any case it's currently not possible without some serious extra coding.
Oyabun1 wrote:
PayBas wrote:The forums that are listed in the menu are the forums that a user has access to. If a user has permissions to view/access a forum, it will be shown to them. Whether the specific forum is displayed on the index or not.
Not exactly. The problem with the current extension is that if a user has permission to manage forums, add a forum, or delete a forum they can see them in the menu even if they don't have permission to see or read the forum, which is not what people seem to be expecting.

To change that so that only users who can see or read a forum can see it in the menu:

Download and open /ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php

Find

if (!$ignore_acl && $this->auth->acl_gets(array('f_list', 'a_forum', 'a_forumadd', 'a_forumdel'), $row['forum_id']))  
Replace with

if (!$ignore_acl && $this->auth->acl_gets(array('f_list', 'f_read'), $row['forum_id']))  
Save and upload.
Thanks. I guess this piece is some legacy code from the 3.0 MOD. I'll see if I can get rid of these quirks.

travel

Post by travel » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Nice work!

birey

Post by birey » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 pm

birey wrote:
PayBas wrote:
birey wrote:nope dude, i dont want to drowdown menu, "breadcrumb menu" is so beutiful. i want to replace dropdown with breadcrumb menu for each forum. how can i do it? cause i dont like it, i deleted through the rows 36-50 in forumlist_body.html. there is not both now :)

Well what you are asking is beyond the scope of this extension. I'm also not sure what kind of behavior you are going for. You want users to hover over a forum row, and the dropdown will open automatically? In any case it's currently not possible without some serious extra coding.
hi man, really "breadcrumb menu" and "PBTech style" are so good. but i want plain design. but PBtech style's rows are so large. as you can see in the "www.exyorum.com" my rows is litle and simply. i changed css files for plain and little rows. additionaly i delete dropdown menu in "PBtech Style". Now i want to breadcrumb menu for each rows. really i dont want you to spend extra time and effort. if you can say me to focus any html/php page i can do it

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 pm

birey wrote:hi man, really "breadcrumb menu" and "PBTech style" are so good. but i want plain design. but PBtech style's rows are so large. as you can see in the "www.exyorum.com" my rows is litle and simply. i changed css files for plain and little rows. additionaly i delete dropdown menu in "PBtech Style". Now i want to breadcrumb menu for each rows. really i dont want you to spend extra time and effort. if you can say me to focus any html/php page i can do it
I'm sorry to have to disappoint you, but there is no "easy fix" for this. The breadcrumbs menu and the PBTech sub-forums dropdown menu are 2 completely separate systems (although they might look somewhat similar).

You can't just copy-paste the code to another place. Your best bet is to put the sub-forum dropdown menu back, and modify the CSS (and the dropdown arrow) a bit so it works better with your own modifications.

Schtorsch

Post by Schtorsch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am

I use Board3 Portal Mod and the Breadcrumb Menu shows "undefined" at that. Is it possible to deactivate it at this point? Or to build in an other word instead of undefined - like the original word of the menu: here "Portal"...?

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:40 am

Schtorsch wrote:I use Board3 Portal Mod and the Breadcrumb Menu shows "undefined" at that. Is it possible to deactivate it at this point? Or to build in an other word instead of undefined - like the original word of the menu: here "Portal"...?
I put it on my to-do list ;)

https://github.com/PayBas/BreadcrumbMenu/issues

Giancarlo.Massironi

Post by Giancarlo.Massironi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Very nice mod, thanks 8-)

Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 am

PayBas wrote:
Schtorsch wrote:I use Board3 Portal Mod and the Breadcrumb Menu shows "undefined" at that. Is it possible to deactivate it at this point? Or to build in an other word instead of undefined - like the original word of the menu: here "Portal"...?

From the look of your change that should also cover KiSS portal when it is ready as well shouldn't it?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:17 am

Having been looking at this recently it is superb using it with a mouse but there seems to be a problem when using a touch-screen.

When using an i-pad I, and other users, can get the first level (forum) to drop down but cannot move on from there. When I use my touch-screen laptop I can sometimes get to the second, or even the third, level but can never get to an actual forum.

I haven't looked at the code but is it possible that there is a "fade out" time that could be increased which might help?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Sshadow wrote:
PayBas wrote:

From the look of your change that should also cover KiSS portal when it is ready as well shouldn't it?
I don't know. Does KiSS portal use data-navbar-reference="portal"? All I did was basically disable the menu for portal crumbs (because there's no menu context to show).
david63 wrote:Having been looking at this recently it is superb using it with a mouse but there seems to be a problem when using a touch-screen.

When using an i-pad I, and other users, can get the first level (forum) to drop down but cannot move on from there. When I use my touch-screen laptop I can sometimes get to the second, or even the third, level but can never get to an actual forum.

I haven't looked at the code but is it possible that there is a "fade out" time that could be increased which might help?
Yeah I know. It's a b*tch to develop. I'll look into this some more.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm

david63 wrote:When using an i-pad I, and other users, can get the first level (forum) to drop down but cannot move on from there. When I use my touch-screen laptop I can sometimes get to the second, or even the third, level but can never get to an actual forum.
I've improved the script for touch screens. You can test it if you want. https://github.com/PayBas/BreadcrumbMen ... master.zip

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks - I'll have a look tomorrow
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “Extensions in Development”